Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalislol View Post
    Is the new potion better than Deadly Grace?
    Not already answered this in his Guide right on the top in the FAQ:

Finally they added an additional combat potion that is 2500 Intellect for 60s, here where each potion stacks up Single Target (Patchwerk):

Prolonged Power should have the edge anything 2+ targets.
    hell yeah.. can't quote with image^^

Deleted
    Hey Not, I know it's early but do you have any thoughts on the seemingly changed stat weights? I can't think of anything that should have changed the weights other than mastery going slightly higher due to the doomguard buff.

Running the most recent nightly build of Simc I now get:

Haste: 1.01
    Int: 1
    Vers: .85
    Mast: .83
    Crit: .81

That's with 16% crit, 39,1% haste, 3,5% vers and 33,2% mastery.

Hi Not, 1 question: how do you deal with series of bad luck (i.e Demonic calling's not proc), would you still cast Dreadstalker for 2 shards or keep Hand of gul'dan until DC procs?

thanks in advance

Not casting DS is a dps loss. I've had fights where DC goes off every other cast and a heroic Xavius fight where it never went off in first phase. I was salty AF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
    Hi Not, 1 question: how do you deal with series of bad luck (i.e Demonic calling's not proc), would you still cast Dreadstalker for 2 shards or keep Hand of gul'dan until DC procs?

thanks in advance
    basically on pull you will be @ 4 shards...cast to 5 Doomgaurd, HoG. Assuming you have no DC proc cast till 4 shards...if you get it great if not...well cast DS and a 2 shard HOG..sucks but that's what you need to do

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    Hey Not, I know it's early but do you have any thoughts on the seemingly changed stat weights? I can't think of anything that should have changed the weights other than mastery going slightly higher due to the doomguard buff.

Running the most recent nightly build of Simc I now get:

Haste: 1.01
    Int: 1
    Vers: .85
    Mast: .83
    Crit: .81

That's with 16% crit, 39,1% haste, 3,5% vers and 33,2% mastery.
    Haste is still the best regardless with the other secondaries falling behind it. Binkenstein wrote up a good little post about stat weights, etc here: https://binkenstein.wordpress.com/20...-stat-weights/

Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post

thanks in advance
    Cast Dreadstalkers on CD with or without Demonic Calling procced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Haste is still the best regardless with the other secondaries falling behind it. Binkenstein wrote up a good little post about stat weights, etc here: https://binkenstein.wordpress.com/20...-stat-weights/
    Absolutely, as the order depicts, I was just curious of why the actual weights changed. It will change several of my items around if I follow these rather than 1,2x for haste, then crit, vers and mastery last.
    I'll just keep following the simcraft development to see where it goes.

Hey all, I just got my first Legendary (finally) and it's Recurrent Ritual (Dreadstalkers refunds 2 shards). Should I still take Demonic Calling and use the legendary as a sometimes shard generator or go for shadowy inspiration? I realize Shadowflame is the 'best' for min-maxing but I'm still perfecting my demo play and would rather not complicate it.
    Last edited by TheCookieGod; 2016-10-26 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    Absolutely, as the order depicts, I was just curious of why the actual weights changed. It will change several of my items around if I follow these rather than 1,2x for haste, then crit, vers and mastery last.
    I'll just keep following the simcraft development to see where it goes.
    It's just how diminishing returns works on stats when doing stat weighting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCookieGod View Post
    Hey all, I just got my first Legendary (finally) and it's Recurrent Ritual (Dreadstalkers refunds 2 shards). Should I still take Demonic Calling and use the legendary as a sometimes shard generator or go for shadowy inspiration? I realize Shadowflame is the 'best' for min-maxing but I'm still perfecting my demo play and would rather not complicate it.
    If you want simpler and easier, play calling, if you want a tiny bit more dps and better mobility, play shadowflame.
    Resident BM Asshole

Does using implosion not make use of the expendables artifact trait? I doesn't seem to apply the buff to even the felguard...

- - - Updated - - -

I am using the spec that you mentioned with implosion and demonbolt for mythic plus. I seem to be having a hard time generating enough shards to maintain implosion rotation and using dreadstalkers on CD.

Is it a massive dps lost to mainly use DS when demonic calling procs to be able to maintain implosion rotation? Or is it better to possibly lose out on max implosion usage to be sure to use DS on CD? This is with 28% haste
    Last edited by xenofire; 2016-10-27 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    simcraft still bugged showing 15K mana reg per second while on live it's only 11k mana reg per second :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    simcraft still bugged showing 15K mana reg per second while on live it's only 11k mana reg per second :/
    The Data i see on simc right now is 9075 mp5

Resource Gains / Average
    life_tap / 330000.00
    mp5_regen / 9075.54

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
    Does using implosion not make use of the expendables artifact trait? I doesn't seem to apply the buff to even the felguard...

- - - Updated - - -

I am using the spec that you mentioned with implosion and demonbolt for mythic plus. I seem to be having a hard time generating enough shards to maintain implosion rotation and using dreadstalkers on CD.

Is it a massive dps lost to mainly use DS when demonic calling procs to be able to maintain implosion rotation? Or is it better to possibly lose out on max implosion usage to be sure to use DS on CD? This is with 28% haste
    I am playing the same build (though sometimes i take SF). When there is one target, you pretend that implosion doesnt exist. the only case you will you implosion there is if for some reason you have only one set of imps up and its about to expire (or when the target will die from the implosion).

For 2-3 targets i am doing mostly ST rotation on priority add (and cleaving with HoD). Again i put priority on my ST burn and maybe implode only if 1) I can hit all the targets and 2)Synergy is up. It still depends of things like how much more the adds are gonna live (for ex. if there are 3 targets and we nuke one while cleaving, i will implode at the time the first add is about to die, if synergy is up and i can hit all of them).

For pack of like 5 mobs+ i ignore DS and just do aoe rotation with wrath HoG implosion. If in the pack there is priority i focus that first (st rotation) and implode when its about to die for splash dmg. Sometimes the reason i take SF is when i am going to use a lot of aoe rotation (depends on dungeon, what difficulty etc) and sf helps me get that 4th shard for HoG depending on situation.

In high mythic where you rarely pull big packs, you just focus on the priotity add and do some splash dmg to finish it off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptlite View Post
    The Data i see on simc right now is 9075 mp5

Resource Gains / Average
    life_tap / 330000.00
    mp5_regen / 9075.54

look under stats

"ManaReg per Second 15121 14994 "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It's just how diminishing returns works on stats when doing stat weighting.
    If that's the actual reason, it means something happened - in the patch - that changed the point of where stats diminish in contrast to eachother. This happened over night. No shift in stats from my part.
    It's basically around a 25% drop for haste. Enough to make me curious since it basically switches 3-4 gear pieces around for me.

That's not what he is saying.

He means that haste while you are at 20% is far more valuable than haste when you are at 40%. Wherein you start seeing more value from crit/mastery/versa , not that blizzard made a change overnight.

By your own logic this "secret change" blizzard did - in the patch - would not be caught in your outdated simc.

If you took off all your haste you would see the value rise again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongosaurus View Post
    That's not what he is saying.

He means that haste while you are at 20% is far more valuable than haste when you are at 40%. Wherein you start seeing more value from crit/mastery/versa , not that blizzard made a change overnight.

By your own logic this "secret change" blizzard did - in the patch - would not be caught in your outdated simc.

If you took off all your haste you would see the value rise again.
    Huh? I've never debated the value of stats going up and down depending on how much you've got. I'm fully versed in how this works.
    But why would haste be worth 1.23 the day before the patch, and 1.01 the day after? I made no changes to my gear, as I've said.

Hence why I'm curious whether this is a change to simcraft, a bug or one of our class changes that made this happen.

Also, simc might be outdated - sure - but at least I'm always using the latest nightly build.

Have you tried simming without bloodlust? I had problems on some other builds with it on.
    Edit: Or use the non-patchwerk setting like light movement or helter skelter.
    Last edited by Rorixis; 2016-10-28 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    I found the culprit. It was definitely a couple of the nightly builds that were calculating Light Movement even though it was set to Patchwerk. I had to uninstall and install a new build for it to register any change to Fight Style at all.
    Good. Had me curious there for a while. Mastery only seems to have gained about 0.02 from that doomguard buff as well, so nothing to even reflect about.