Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    It's pretty rich how he was claiming that BM was literally so easy that it made you a worse player, while he played it in the most inept manner possible. Here are all the mistakes he made:

- (Almost) never using Cobra Shot
    - Never using Aspect of the Wild
    - Using Dire Beast with less than 8 secs remaining on Bestial Wrath CD
    - Delaying Bestial Wrath unnecessarily
    - Capping focus several times
    - Specced into Intimidation
    - Specced into, and prioritising, Barrage on single target
    - Not specced into Stampede (worse still: he is either specced into Killer Cobra and making literally no use of it due to the first point, or he is specced into Aspect of the Beast which is comparable to picking Exotic Munitions before 7.0)
    - Delaying Kill Command frequently
    - Spamming Multi-Shot, refreshing Beast Cleave several seconds early and wasting all focus

You say you don't understand, yet on the very next line you say the exact reason why people don't like the spec. Excessive RNG dependence. Add to that immobility and an almost complete lack of cooldown management and you have a dull, barely-functional, and blatantly annoying spec to play.
    Imagine pointing out all those things he does wrong, while he's quite clearly focused on talking rather than playing. Furthermore, he's testing out all the various talents.. He's not just tryharding by going by simulated top talents. He's experimenting, regardless of numbers, which is what his videos/job is about. I'm sure if he was actually dpsing in a raid environment he'd play optimally..

You guys really out yourselves with these sort of complaints on these videos. It's like you can't think outside of this OPTIMAL BUILD/OPTIMAL PLAY mindset.
    Last edited by Sarkol; 2016-07-31 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Imagine pointing out all those things he does wrong, while he's quite clearly focused on talking rather than playing. Furthermore, he's testing out all the various talents.. He's not just tryharding by going by simulated top talents. He's experimenting, regardless of numbers, which is what his videos/job is about. I'm sure if he was actually dpsing in a raid environment he'd play optimally..

You guys really out yourselves with these sort of complaints on these videos. It's like you can't think outside of this OPTIMAL BUILD/OPTIMAL PLAY mindset.
    When his complaint about BM is that it's "so easy that it makes you a worse player", he'd better be damn certain that he is getting it right and not failing at every turn.
    Also, I'm 99% sure that he is talking over pre-recorded footage; not talking while actually playing it. That's how this sort of video is normally done. Hell, there are fade-outs mid-sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Been playing Hunter since BC and out of all the changes to classes from x-pac to x-pac hunter this time has taken the biggest hit. This is how I "PERSONALLY" feel about hunter. I feel like someone has broken into my house and stole everything I own. I know who it was, when they did it, why they did it, how they did it and theres absolutly nothing I can do about it. Its a maddening experiance. All I can really say is "goodbye my friend I will miss you". Just so happens I have a alt I've been playing on and off since Wrath and it seems to have turned out pretty good (shaman).

The hit to the hunter class has effected me more than I thought it would. It has taken a game that I have greatly enjoyed playing for years and gutted it. I kinda feel like I've lost a friend. It is tragic.
    Do you ever get out of the house bro?
    Now on a more serious note, MM would've been an O.K spec to play if Marked Shot was nonexistent. Marked Shot & Vulnerability is a cancer mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    planning ahead and knowing when to spend focus has been true since cataclysm. you also had to plan for movement with the old mastery.

more downtime arguably makes things less complex when you have more time to make decisions. especially when there's a total of like 2 possible decisions.

how is one superior talent build for everything complex too? nothing changes between ST, cleave, or aoe. everyone just takes sidewinders and PS and does the same thing for everything.
    I have no experience with cata but in wod the only real decisions you had to make in a single target fight are
    -dump focus with as
    -create focus with ss
    -use cs on cooldown
    The only planning ahead you had to do was saving enough focus to not delay cs. The old mastery was just an arbitrary and unintuitive restriction on a hunters movement.
    The difference in complexity really hit me when i got hit by an aoe in the middle of the new "rotation" and suddenly asked myself "what to do next?". Is the vulnerable debuff still up and for how long? How much cooldown is left on Barrage and Sidewinders? Do i have a hunters mark proc? How much focus do I have?
    I ended up hitting sidewinders with an almost full focus bar and I think that was actually the right play.
    It's still not extremly complex but I feel I never had to put that much thought into anything in wod.

There is still a lot of room for improvement though and you are obviously right about there being no difference between single and multi target and the lack of choices in the talent tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    It being a take it or leave it situation isn't relevant. What's the point of a discussion forum if not to be able to say "I dislike these changes." We've had a GCD capped playstyle since at least Wrath, and if I wanted to have a melee playstyle at any point in the last 8 years I would have rolled a class with a rotation like that. To have it shoved down my throat is unfortunate at best. Complexity aside, I think downtime is boring. I was running HFC today and there were a number of times the following happened:

Sidewinders
    >AiS
    >MS
    >AiS
    >AiS
    >Barrage
    Then, no focus, sidewinders coming up in > 5 seconds, no procs. Just standing there. Waiting for Marking Targets. Having fun.
    I assume you have the t18 4-set and what you forget is that the new base cast time of an aimed shot without the bonus is 2.5sec vs a gcd with the bonus. Also the new artifact ability has a 20sec cooldown and only costs 20 focus. You can still get unlucky with procs but I guess there will be considerably less downtime in Legion than you are experiencing now.

I'm really missing Kill Shot right now. Things get low on health and I want to finish them off quickly but there is nothing but wait for something to come off cd, cast aimed shot and wait, or endlessly spam arcane shot until it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by minath View Post
    I assume you have the t18 4-set and what you forget is that the new base cast time of an aimed shot without the bonus is 2.5sec vs a gcd with the bonus. Also the new artifact ability has a 20sec cooldown and only costs 20 focus. You can still get unlucky with procs but I guess there will be considerably less downtime in Legion than you are experiencing now.
    I can't speak for Legion but I currently play with only 2-piece T18 and it's really not that much better. It flows a little better but not getting procs still completely screws you and focus is still a problem.

Deleted
    I generally hate Melee DPS, but I really enjoy Survival.

Hunters are dead for PvP, especially with the removal of traps.

when I lost the 4-set I would have to stand still most of the time was the nail in the coffin.
    What did you think of Firelands?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the new survival specc, really. Kindda fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Hunters are dead for PvP, especially with the removal of traps.
    Traps are still there? Unless it is now survival only?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Loving the new survival specc, really. Kindda fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Traps are still there? Unless it is now survival only?
    They are survival only :P And hunters arent dead for PvP :P PvP is just insanely unbalanced atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    They are survival only :P And hunters arent dead for PvP :P PvP is just insanely unbalanced atm.
    Ah, okay. Well, I'm enjoying my traps then. Hehe.

Nah, they aren't dead in PvP, I'm having fun with hooking up the poor casters.

Of course it is unbalanced at the moment, all the speccs are set for lvl 110.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I enjoy playing BM and SV right now and maybe MM will feel better once i take off my t18 set once i hit lvl 110
    Missing my traps tho, really dont see the point why bm and mm dont have any traps

When his complaint about BM is that it's "so easy that it makes you a worse player", he'd better be damn certain that he is getting it right and not failing at every turn.
    Also, I'm 99% sure that he is talking over pre-recorded footage; not talking while actually playing it. That's how this sort of video is normally done. Hell, there are fade-outs mid-sentence.
    Regardless of if he's talking over it or not, you just completely ignored my point and repeated what you said earlier. He tests out all the talents, regardless of dps, so calling him bad makes zero sense.

They have to give back traps. I see no point in BM and MM at PVP. You just stand there and mash your dps buttons. With traps at least you had something to do in between procs...

Deleted
    From the large sample of 1 BG i've played in pre-patch, Hunters are just as I remember. Murder, murder, murder, murder, you're dead, now you, and you, and you. Don't forget you. I am the death dealer.

Why are you guys only casting 1 aimed shot before marked shot? I can fit two before I have to cast Marked Shot... on a 640 boosted hunter. How come?

Deleted
    My guess is you have zero experience making videos while playing.

BM is mindless as hell to play. That doesnt mean that if you are focussing completely on something else you wont make mistakes with it.
    BM is the talent spec for those who are either new to raiding or dont want to play anything that requires planning etc. Which is perfectly fine.

In my opinion:

BM - Mindless drudgery.
    MM - Okay, but the lack of moving while casting aimed shot killed the spec for me. I get what they were trying to do with it. Best of the bunch.
    SV - Crap outside Mongoose Bite. I like that it can be specced for ridiculous kiting, but it's still dull.

IMO anyone who sticks with Hunter through Legion because 'It's all they ever play' deserves a medal for playing something so dull.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    I like all 3 specs, I just miss my traps in BM and MM, and I still need to learn SV. I'm in love with other classes like mage or priest so I don't know what I'm gonna do in Legion