Deleted
    Whenever I heal (granted it's my least played monk spec) I am happy to be able to restore significant mana when dps'ing WHILE my hots jump around the group and the free t1 talent does the dmg+healing it can. For faceroll content it's funny how I can outdps DPS both in ST and aoe while being specced into MW and keeping the bird + hots + freebies do all the healing required. They way to achieve similar results as restodrood (my most favourite healer once) is so much more bothersome since they removed wrath-based-healing, I dropped restodrood completely.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    no way representative of mythic.

Deleted
    yeah didnt wanna imply that, just glad to see mw do something

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    yeah didnt wanna imply that, just glad to see mw do something
    MW was never bad when you look at 75% percentile.

Although the logs look encouraging, two things to consider are 1. in mythic the fights are going to be longer for the most part. Monks are stronger the shorter the fight, especially with a bit of raid dmg. Our mana situation is terrible and I could see us falling quickly. 2. There is a little bit of selection bias here. The monk population is low and I could argue that those remaining MW at this point are the truly dedicated. Likely selecting for better players on average. Could be stretching here, but I think its probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    Although the logs look encouraging, two things to consider are 1. in mythic the fights are going to be longer for the most part. Monks are stronger the shorter the fight, especially with a bit of raid dmg. Our mana situation is terrible and I could see us falling quickly. 2. There is a little bit of selection bias here. The monk population is low and I could argue that those remaining MW at this point are the truly dedicated. Likely selecting for better players on average. Could be stretching here, but I think its probably true.
    I agree with your last point actually. I have known MANY monks of all 3 specs reroll in the last few weeks/couple months.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I wish for is for the artifact skill to be instant cast or at least automatically apply enveloping mists before it heals if it has to have such a freaking long cast time. Generally, having to apply enveloping mists before you can actually put out some amount of burst healing feels bad especially since it costs a lot of mana too.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    All I wish for is for the artifact skill to be instant cast or at least automatically apply enveloping mists before it heals if it has to have such a freaking long cast time. Generally, having to apply enveloping mists before you can actually put out some amount of burst healing feels bad especially since it costs a lot of mana too.
    I would also appreciate this. Not even necessarily instant cast, but at least as quickly as an effuse; I'd be happy to have its healing reduced to make up for this. In its current state, the cast time is simply too long to make adequate use of if healing with other strong players (particularly a strong h paladin). Most of the healing either overheals, or in situations where it'd be most useful (target near death), the cast time is too long and the target dies from additional damage.

if anything shelter of rin should make SG instant in addition to it's current bonus*

*it's current bonus should be buffed to 50%

- - - Updated - - -

i made 2 bis lists:

crit > mastery > vers > haste
    L Relic: Parasitic Spore (EF)
    S Relic: Tempest of the Heavens (Vivify)
    F Relic: Suspended Nightwell Droplet (Vivify)
    Helm: Tier
    Neck: Beleron's Choker of Misery / Prydaz
    Shoulders: Tier
    Cloak: Drape of Shame
    Chest: Tier
    Wrist: Bracers of Impossible Choices / Petrichor Lagniappe
    Hands: Gloves of Synchronus Elements
    Waist: High Shadow Counciller's Wrap
    Legs: Tier
    Feet: Grove-Tender's Moccasins
    Ring 1: Spellblade's Gemmed Signet
    Ring 2: Ring of Eclusive Servitude
    Trinket 1: Helya Trinket (Critical Strike)
    Trinket 2: Ethereal Urn / Etraeus' Celestial Map / Velen's Trinket

vers > crit > haste > mastery
    L Relic: Parasitic Spore (EF)
    S Relic: Stormfury Diamond (EF)
    F Relic: Scale of Arcanagos (EF)
    Helm: Tier
    Neck: Brooch of the Astral Scryer / Prydaz
    Shoulders: Mantle of the Torn Sky
    Cloak: Drape of Shame / Windwhipped Sailcloth / Tier / Dreadlord's Tattered Wingcover
    Chest: Tunic of Unwavering Devotion
    Wrist: Bracers of Impossible Choices / Petrichor Lagniappe
    Hands: Tier
    Waist: Cake Carrier's Girdle
    Legs: Trouser's of Cultivation
    Feet: Stutterstep Treads
    Ring 1: Utgarde Royal Signet / Grubby Silver Ring
    Ring 2: Ring of Eclusive Servitude
    Trinket 1: Helya Trinket (Versatility)
    Trinket 2: Infernal Alchemist's Stone / Velen's Trinket

the first build focuses on gearing for crit > mastery (obviously) and the playstyle would be something which resembles burst hps inside an 8 second EF duration. essentially you would EF after raid dmg (try to channel prior tho), and then spam vivify inside the EF HoT duration. the build would likely need to take life cycles and outside of this EF > Vivify burst you would envelop tanks + heal tanks with sporadic vivify usage to use UT procs.

the second build focusses on gearing for vers > everything else and simply spamming ReM + EF, ignoring all other spells. you'd talent SotC + RJW and pray this meme build works out for you.

of the 2 builds, i have more faith in the first. i expect it to do very well. if it falls flat on it's face we'll meme ourselves into raid spots with the 2nd build.

or you could just... gear according to the actual stats priority ? crit > vers > mastery > haste

there's your bis list http://www.wowhead.com/mistweaver-ge...hthold-gearing

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even consider going revival bracers in a crit>mastery build over velens, but not consider using it for a build that's for better revival hps?

You wouldn't consider revival bracers > velens in a million years anyway, but your choice of gearing was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    or you could just... gear according to the actual stats priority ? crit > vers > mastery > haste

this gearing list basically assumes you're gonna gear crit > mastery o.o
    @Sups, answered in discord but i'll say here too for others - this was my bis list including the wrists because i have them (and shoulders). if you had opportunity to choose your legendaries you would 100% pick the trinket + prydaz, but we're not all that lucky
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-01-20 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post

I wonder what were the stat weight used for this. Using the last spreadsheet version, I have the Gul'dan belt higher than Trilliax, and the Brooch of the Astral Scryer neck higher than Beleron's Choker of Misery, and Ring of Braided Stems higher than Spellblade's Gemmed Signet.

And I had tier chest over tier shoulders.

Was that list done by Garg?

Going to guess I don't have the right values with the buff to mastery.

Also, is the vivify relic really better than extra time on renewing mist?
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2017-01-20 at 05:50 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Any thoughts about the Darkmoon deck ? Got the 865 Alchemist stone, 880 ursoc trinket and a 865 vial from the EN Dragons

What do you guys think of the new 7.2 artifact traits? If the revivial one goes live like that I would say thats our BiS relic for sure. Some pretty good additions to shielun's gift but its still really slow. If they throw in something to help deal with mana then I'm pretty happy.

two questions. First one is I only have two legendaries(caccoon ring and shoulders) and have an opportunity to have a 2 set(coined) but I would have to replace my shoulders for it. Is it worth it? Second should I still gear vers>crit until I have my 4set?

Mistweaver
    Coalescing Mists (Rank 7) (New) Increases healing done by Effuse by 23%.
    Coalescing Mists (Rank 8) (New) Increases healing done by Effuse by 26%.
    Effusive Mists (Rank 1) (New) Effuse causes Sheilun to generate a cloud of mist.
    Essence of the Mists (Rank 7) (New) Increases healing done by Essence Font by 35%.
    Essence of the Mists (Rank 8) (New) Increases healing done by Essence Font by 40%.
    Extended Healing (Rank 7) (New) Increase the duration of Renewing Mist by 7 sec.
    Extended Healing (Rank 8) (New) Increase the duration of Renewing Mist by 8 sec.
    Infinite (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage dealt by 1%. [PH]
    Infusion of Life (Rank 7) (New) Increases healing done by Vivify by 35%.
    Infusion of Life (Rank 8) (New) Increases healing done by Vivify by 40%.
    Protection of Shaohao (Rank 7) (New) Increases damage absorbed by Life Cocoon by 35%.
    Protection of Shaohao (Rank 8) (New) Increases damage absorbed by Life Cocoon by 40%.
    Shroud of Mist (Rank 7) (New) Reduces all damage you take by 23% while you are channeling Soothing Mist.
    Shroud of Mist (Rank 8) (New) Reduces all damage you take by 26% while you are channeling Soothing Mist.
    Soothing Remedies (Rank 7) (New) Increases healing done by Soothing Mist by 23%.
    Soothing Remedies (Rank 8) (New) Increases healing done by Soothing Mist by 26%.
    Spirit Tether (Rank 7) (New) Your Transcendence Spirit reduces the movement speed of nearby enemies by 80%.
    Spirit Tether (Rank 8) (New) Your Transcendence Spirit reduces the movement speed of nearby enemies by 90%.
    Tendrils of Revival (Rank 1) (New) Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 10 sec.
    Tendrils of Revival (Rank 2) (New) Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 20 sec.
    Tendrils of Revival (Rank 3) (New) Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 30 sec.
    Tendrils of Revival (Rank 4) (New) Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 40 sec.
    Tendrils of Revival (Rank 5) (New) Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 50 sec.
    Tendrils of Revival (Rank 6) (New) Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 60 sec.
    Tendrils of Revival (Rank 7) (New) Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 70 sec.
    Tendrils of Revival (Rank 8) (New) Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 80 sec.
    Way of the Mistweaver (Rank 7) (New) Increases healing done by Enveloping Mist by 23%.
    Way of the Mistweaver (Rank 8) (New) Increases healing done by Enveloping Mist by 26%.
    Whispers of Shaohao (Rank 1) (New) Consuming the mists of Sheilun causes each active mist to additionally heal a nearby target for 0.
    The potential 7.2 updates to the Artifact are interesting. Buffing Effuse and Sheilun indirectly (so by casting Effuse you generate a Mist of Sheilun and by casting Sheilun's Gift you heal an additional target) you as well as reducing Revival CD (would be interesting to see how that affects having the Bracers).

Edit: I wonder if Effuse gameplay will be a thing. So by casting Effuse you get: Effuse's heal, Mastery Heal, an extra Mist for SG, the extra heal on another target when casting SG. Thats a lot of extra healing potential for a small, single-target spell.
    Last edited by lycrates; 2017-01-21 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quite impressed by the wordings so far. Makes legebdary chest more powerful. But it all depends on how much the clouds will heal for. Kinda wished life cocoon could get cooldown rection from traits as well.

If you have the legendary wrists and that new artifact trait for Revival, you'll be doing Revival every minute.

I didn't do the math, but it sure looks like it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch