7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray3andrei View Post
    So guys, i've been looking over logs and it seems pausing stagger doesn't do anything on logs? it still shows as damage taken when you pause it, which is really weird.
    Well pausing stagger doesn't reduce the damage. Are you talking about the way they still calculate stagger ticking damage when you pause stagger?

Quote Originally Posted by 999DaZa View Post
    Well pausing stagger doesn't reduce the damage. Are you talking about the way they still calculate stagger ticking damage when you pause stagger?
    Yes that's what i mean.

Could you link me a log with paused stagger not working correctly, and tell me a ballpark of a timestamp where you paused stagger?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Could you link me a log with paused stagger not working correctly, and tell me a ballpark of a timestamp where you paused stagger?
    The only fight I can acurately recall is Nythendra. But after looking over the logs a bit more throughly, I can say that I might be wrong, I'm gonna see how it goes on Nythendra tonight and link those logs. Im also gonna do hc twice, one with HT and one with BoC, to compare the logs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    Yep, done 10+ in time and cleared 11+ (~865). BrM definitely can handle mythics, if your healer understands what to do.
    I'm an 859 brew, struggle with some M+ (Its not necessarily "my fault").

I have a hard time explaining to my healer friends exactly what they need to do with/for me with out wasting things.

What do you (anyone) say to healers when they have not really healed any other brewmasters then myself. I don't know how to explain to them? Any advice?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Entenei View Post
    I'm an 859 brew, struggle with some M+ (Its not necessarily "my fault").

I have a hard time explaining to my healer friends exactly what they need to do with/for me with out wasting things.

What do you (anyone) say to healers when they have not really healed any other brewmasters then myself. I don't know how to explain to them? Any advice?

thx
    Say them truth Resto druid who heals me in 11+ first of all asked: "I've never healed brms here before, at what hp level you become 'unsafe'?".
    IDK say them that you are a dh/dk who can't heal himself immediately but it's ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ray3andrei View Post
    The only fight I can acurately recall is Nythendra. But after looking over the logs a bit more throughly, I can say that I might be wrong, I'm gonna see how it goes on Nythendra tonight and link those logs. Im also gonna do hc twice, one with HT and one with BoC, to compare the logs.
    Edit: Been looking through tonight's logs and it doesn't show stagger damage when it's paused, I guess i just thought it would have more impact compared to high tolerance in overall damage taken, but it seems it doesn't.

Its just a pause, it doesnt directly prevent any damage. The way it can reduce dmg is by timing a purify to the end of the pause.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Its just a pause, it doesnt directly prevent any damage. The way it can reduce dmg is by timing a purify to the end of the pause.
    Which is exactly what I do, I chain pause then double purify, but it seems that I overestimated it's value

Just getting started on leveling my Monk, and I'm slowly but surely getting used to BRM tanking. A lot less complex than it originally seemed, right when the Legion pre-patch hit.

My only question at the moment is:

-Is Ironskin Brew supposed to be up 100% of the time? I don't have much haste (only 10%) because I'm still in like 90% WoD gear full of crit/mastery, so I'm assuming that's an issue.

Other than that, I think I've mostly got the hang of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRWeEvp6akA

Here's a bit from Normal HoV. I've got a fair bit of WeakAuras set up for ability cooldowns and Stagger, anything to improve there? (obviously I don't have my BRM artifact yet so I don't have a WA for it)

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Just getting started on leveling my Monk, and I'm slowly but surely getting used to BRM tanking. A lot less complex than it originally seemed, right when the Legion pre-patch hit.

My only question at the moment is:

-Is Ironskin Brew supposed to be up 100% of the time? I don't have much haste (only 10%) because I'm still in like 90% WoD gear full of crit/mastery, so I'm assuming that's an issue.
    The answer is actually pretty complicated. As a loose rule keeping %100 ISB uptime is meaningful only when you have brew charges to purify the additional stagger damage. By itself ISB doesn't mitigate any damage and without purifying you take the same damage, only in a longer duration. This means in certain situations keeping ISB up at the expense of purify charges is a waste. But there are also high damage intake situations (usually in raids) where keeping ISB up even at the expense of purify charges is mandatory because ISB stagger buff allows healers to catch up even you don't mitigate any damage with purify. Also you can forgo using it when damage sources are stunned, in animation, casting a long spell etc. That said you should try to itemize for haste as much as possible not only for ISB but all type of brew generation as our survivability depends on it.

So...I should really only be using ISB when I expect large damage incoming?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    So...I should really only be using ISB when I expect large damage incoming?
    Definitely not. You'll get to the point where you can easily keep 100% uptime with plenty of charges to still purify. Since you're just starting out, I'd say keep at least 1 charge of ISB recharging at all times and then purify if your stagger gets really high, high yellow or red. This is oversimplification but is a decent place to start to get a feel for the way our AM works.

15+ Year Old Account
    ISB and Purify usage isn't set in stone, it depends on your damage intake really. If you're only getting light damage you'll use ISB a lot to actually build up some stagger worth purifying. If on the other extreme you're getting pounded into oblivion by 10 mythic mobs, you're gonna try to keep up 1 ISB if even possible and spent everything else on clearing your red stagger that's coming back every few seconds.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yeah, I suppose my experience is a bit skewed since I'm only 102, in crit/mastery gear, and I take barely any damage from anything in normal dungeons. I've never gone above 40% stagger, and rarely go above 20%. I purify maybe 2 or 3 times throughout the entire dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Definitely not. You'll get to the point where you can easily keep 100% uptime with plenty of charges to still purify. Since you're just starting out, I'd say keep at least 1 charge of ISB recharging at all times and then purify if your stagger gets really high, high yellow or red. This is oversimplification but is a decent place to start to get a feel for the way our AM works.
    This is an excellent, very simple explanation of how to handle Monk's active mitigation tools.

Was the 5% stagger change way bigger than I thought it was? We're progressing Mythic Ursoc right now and I'm consistently parsing 10-15% less damage taken than my Druid co-tank. Wasn't this the fight that bears are supposed to crush everyone on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Was the 5% stagger change way bigger than I thought it was? We're progressing Mythic Ursoc right now and I'm consistently parsing 10-15% less damage taken than my Druid co-tank. Wasn't this the fight that bears are supposed to crush everyone on?
    While there are too many variables to conjecture about your raid specifically (Miasma, taunt swapping debuffs, tanking adds), the 5% Stagger buff was very significant. It was a 6.25% actual buff to Effective Health and the "DR" afforded by Stagger while ISB is active (12.5% if ISB is down).

For what little it's worth, it also made number-crunching significantly easier, as 40 and 80 are easier numbers to mentally divide by than 35 and 75 (at least for me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    This is an excellent, very simple explanation of how to handle Monk's active mitigation tools.
    The issue comes when you hit PB and you're still back to red immediately. At that point, saving one charge for purifying doesn't really do a damn thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    While there are too many variables to conjecture about your raid specifically (Miasma, taunt swapping debuffs, tanking adds), the 5% Stagger buff was very significant. It was a 6.25% actual buff to Effective Health and the "DR" afforded by Stagger while ISB is active (12.5% if ISB is down).

For what little it's worth, it also made number-crunching significantly easier, as 40 and 80 are easier numbers to mentally divide by than 35 and 75 (at least for me).
    Wouldn't have +5% more Armor been just as good, easy numbers aside? The +5% stagger does mean that we stagger 100% of damage during fortifying brew + ironskin brew though, right?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Wouldn't have +5% more Armor been just as good, easy numbers aside? The +5% stagger does mean that we stagger 100% of damage during fortifying brew + ironskin brew though, right?
    5% Armor would be considerably less effective than 5% Stagger, and wouldn't affect spells or (obviously) armor-ignoring boss abilities at all.

It does, which unfortunately makes Staggering Around completely worthless unless you allow ISB to drop while taking burst damage - which would be a huge mistake!
    Last edited by Llarold; 2016-10-22 at 12:41 AM.