10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    5% Armor would be considerably less effective than 5% Stagger, and wouldn't affect spells or (obviously) armor-ignoring boss abilities at all.

It does, which unfortunately makes Staggering Around completely worthless unless you allow ISB to drop while taking burst damage - which would be a huge mistake!
    Yeah, it seems like Fu Zan in general needs a serious amount of work. I actually like the idea of tank traits etc largely being related to increasing DPS or utility (especially for specs which don't already have a lot of DPS/utility), but... man, there's so many places on Fu Zan that feel very "beta" when compared to the trait trees some other classes/specs get.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, it seems like Fu Zan in general needs a serious amount of work. I actually like the idea of tank traits etc largely being related to increasing DPS or utility (especially for specs which don't already have a lot of DPS/utility), but... man, there's so many places on Fu Zan that feel very "beta" when compared to the trait trees some other classes/specs get.
    The fact the only vital trait comes at rank 11(or sooner if you wanted to pick up some even more worthless stuff on the way to it) is a major design flaw. You get more benefit from the passive damage and armor increase then you do from the majority of traits. By time you're 20 or so in most traits are flat out worthless overall and will usually never change anything. The "utility" traits scream "I should be a talent and not a trait" from the top of the mountain side. Hell something like smashed should be base line and not need a trait or talent period. It screams "we ran out of ideas".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-10-22 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The fact the only vital trait comes at rank 11(or sooner if you wanted to pick up some even more worthless stuff on the way to it) is a major design flaw. You get more benefit from the passive damage and armor increase then you do from the majority of traits. By time you're 20 or so in most traits are flat out worthless overall and will usually never change anything. The "utility" traits scream "I should be a talent and not a trait" from the top of the mountain side. Hell something like smashed should be base line and not need a trait or talent period. It screams "we ran out of ideas".
    Potent Kick is probably the strongest non-golden tank trait in the game, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely find the golden dragons to be extremely underwhelming, both conceptually and performance-wise. Dragonfire Brew is a very solid dps increase, on the order of 5%, but that's it. Having zero defensive component whatsoever as a golden dragon makes it feel incomplete. As for some of the 3-point traits, I feel like they are worse versions of other boring 3-point traits from other tank weapons. Where DK gets 9% damage to Heart Strike, we get 9% Crit to Blackout Combo. Both are pretty uninteresting. Where other classes get 3% Parry, or 6% Armor/Block, we get Dark Side of the Moon, a much worse version.

It's not all bad, though. Swift as a Coursing River is a fantastic always-on mobility increase that has slipped in under most players' radar. Hot Blooded and Face Palm are both strong and open up new gameplay avenues. Breath of Fire would be an incredibly uninteresting global without HB, and Face Palm can be a significant dps contributor if you use Blackout Combo to empower Tiger Palms.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Potent Kick is probably the strongest non-golden tank trait in the game, tbh.
    Yes. That whole first leg toward Obstinate Determination (bypassing Gifted Student) is arguably the strongest block of first 11 traits available to any tank.

Before I try and do anything as Brewmaster. How bad is this spec? Is it bad, or do I just not understand how to play it? Because I survive better vs the elites in Suramar as Windwalker than I do as Brewmaster. From what I see. The spec cant survvie without a healer. Stagger is just a constant stream of damage, that the spec itself cant heal through.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-10-22 at 06:08 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Before I try and do anything as Brewmaster. How bad is this spec? Is it bad, or do I just not understand how to play it? Because I survive better vs the elites in Suramar as Windwalker than I do as Brewmaster. From what I see. The spec cant survvie without a healer. Stagger is just a constant stream of damage, that the spec itself cant heal through.
    You'll fall to around the 35% mark but assuming you use your orbs you'll never be in trouble. Its only when you get burst down or are taking so much incoming damage that you can't heal your way out back up to procing OD again that things become an issue (aka high level content). Its an odd design & rather unique to BrM, but it does work (and it easier content makes you pretty much immortal).
    Last edited by mmocd4be76bc04; 2016-10-22 at 06:25 PM. Reason: I can't spell...

Quote Originally Posted by waspeh View Post
    You'll fall to around the 35% mark but assuming you use your orbs you'll never be in trouble. Its only when you get burst down or are taking so much incoming damage that you can't heal your way out back up to procing OD again that things become an issue (aka high level content). Its an odd design & rather unique to BrM, but it does work (and it easier content makes you pretty much immortal).
    i just died in suramar to Garion. I couldnt out heal the damage he and stagger was doing to me. Stagger never went into yellow either.

EDIT: Just died to 2 of the Unspoken Collaborator elites. There is no healing coming in if Chi Burst and Healing Elixirs is on cd. The ox spheres dont spawn fast enough.

EDIT2: Ok. I switched Chi Burst for Eye of the Tiger. Now im not getting completely destroyed. I can now take on 3 of those elites at a time. Scared to go over that though. lol (nope cant take 4)
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-10-22 at 07:11 PM.

i just died in suramar to Garion. I couldnt out heal the damage he and stagger was doing to me. Stagger never went into yellow either.

EDIT: Just died to 2 of the Unspoken Collaborator elites. There is no healing coming in if Chi Burst and Healing Elixirs is on cd. The ox spheres dont spawn fast enough.

EDIT2: Ok. I switched Chi Burst for Eye of the Tiger. Now im not getting completely destroyed. I can now take on 3 of those elites at a time. Scared to go over that though. lol (nope cant take 4)
    Do you have Obstinate Determination? Makes you pretty much immortal when soloing elites and doing easy content, even some mythic dungeon bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Do you have Obstinate Determination? Makes you pretty much immortal when soloing elites and doing easy content, even some mythic dungeon bosses.
    Yes. I have 17 traits in my weapon, following this path: http://i.imgur.com/INQTgmd.png

One thing ive noticed in guides is it says i need 30% hast. That might be where my biggest problem is. I dont have 30% haste. I guess ill need to farm up a new set of armor if i want to play brewmaster...ugghhh.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-10-22 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I have 17 traits in my weapon, following this path: http://i.imgur.com/INQTgmd.png

One thing ive noticed in guides is it says i need 30% hast. That might be where my biggest problem is. I dont have 30% haste. I guess ill need to farm up a new set of armor if i want to play brewmaster...ugghhh.
    Just pull the mobs into a corner so the OD orbs heal you instantly when you go 35%. That way you can pull almost how much you want in suramar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Just pull the mobs into a corner so the OD orbs heal you instantly when you go 35%. That way you can pull almost how much you want in suramar.
    its not just for suramar. im wanting to maybe tank some dungeons at some point. i was just using the elites to get used to playing the spec because they actually hurt me.

Deleted

The benefit of haste is to keep up ISB and keep purifying... This shouldn't be an issue with the mobs in Suramar. When I first started talking mythics I had around 7% haste and didn't have issues.

I remember Blood Elves had a special animation for blackout strike - is this still something unique to Blood Elves or do all races have it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    I remember Blood Elves had a special animation for blackout strike - is this still something unique to Blood Elves or do all races have it now?
    Almost half of them do. Troll males at least do. They do the old 2h polearm special attack animation.

Funny thing is that if you use an item to transform into the race the animation is the "intended" BoS animation. As blood elf if you use the blood elf stone the animation changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    I was lucky enough to get Sal'Sabim's Lost Tunic a week back, the legendary that resets Breath of Fire on a Keg Smash.
    I'm also struggling to meet haste caps, as I'm at 23-24%.

Do I make the switch to High Tolerance away from Blackout Combo? The Combo -> BoF is now obsolete and the only other thing to do is stagger pause, which I've found is somewhat situational. Of course I always combo Keg Smash each cycle, but the haste from High Tolerance would do the same thing.
    What do you guys think? Is BoC mostly obsoleted by the tunic?

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Almost half of them do. Troll males at least do. They do the old 2h polearm special attack animation.

Funny thing is that if you use an item to transform into the race the animation is the "intended" BoS animation. As blood elf if you use the blood elf stone the animation changes.
    Anyone know if male orcs do the unique BoS animation? Thinking if changing back to orc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Anyone know if male orcs do the unique BoS animation? Thinking if changing back to orc
    Male orcs do the standard 2-hander animation, which I personally don't mind as it feels pretty satisfying to use.

If you use the WOD pirate costume, it uses the unique animation for male orcs. So the animation does exist, I'm not sure if its bugged or if they just decided not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamancer View Post
    I was lucky enough to get Sal'Sabim's Lost Tunic a week back, the legendary that resets Breath of Fire on a Keg Smash.
    I'm also struggling to meet haste caps, as I'm at 23-24%.

Do I make the switch to High Tolerance away from Blackout Combo? The Combo -> BoF is now obsolete and the only other thing to do is stagger pause, which I've found is somewhat situational. Of course I always combo Keg Smash each cycle, but the haste from High Tolerance would do the same thing.
    What do you guys think? Is BoC mostly obsoleted by the tunic?
    I think you can just take all those empowered BoF and just turn them into empowered TP, which is a substantial dps increase and won't change how tanky you were from before the legendary. Going HT will potentially make you tankier, but you'll lose the increased brew production. I think the difference in survivability isn't that large, but the dps increase (especially when you factor in Special Delivery) is. You can probably mix and match depending on encounters and how you feel, though.

Deleted
    I think there was a decent wall of math earlier on by Chupaag that showed the Brew Generation is quite similar between BoC and hitting high stagger with HT.
    Is empowered TP really that much of a DPS increase overall? Considering I might be able to fit more TP in with higher haste giving higher energy regen.

Deleted
    Brewmaster

Brewmaster Monks now gain 15% additional Armor from gear.
    Brew-Stache now lasts 4.5 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).

A few more buffs for BM, thoughts?

*Edit* For those unaware Brew-Stache is the artifact talent that gives 10% dodge for 1.5 seconds (now 4.5) after using iron or pure brews.