Interview with Queen Jennah for Season 3 Setup (Attack on Divinity's Reach imminent?)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a...-queen-jennah/

A couple highlights:

First, let me be clear: denizens of Divinity’s Reach have nothing to fear. We are taking steps to bolster security in and around Divinity’s Reach to ensure the safety of our citizens. The Shining Blade is keeping a close eye on the Mantle’s movements and activities, most of which are localized to mere raids in northern Maguuma. These aren’t the calculated motions of an organized group—these are the isolated activities of a handful of conflicted and deeply disturbed people. Nothing more.

The Seraph are stepping up their patrols in Shaemoor. What’s more, we’ve tapped the best engineering teams in the Reach to bolster the city walls and shore up any weaknesses in our defenses. In the event of a crisis, my advisors have developed plans to evacuate the townships surrounding Divinity’s Reach and house civilians within the safety of the city walls. But I must stress that these preparations are focused toward true crises—natural disasters, dragon sightings, and the like.
    Thanks to the law of conservation of detail, we can safely assume that Anet is probably going to kick off S3 with an attack on the Kyrtan capital (perhaps the white building in the S3 trailer was DR?)

10+ Year Old Account
    The riot/revolt/attack/whatever (some sort of violence) have been foreshadowed since they first introduced the bandit bounties. Caches or supplies, White Mantle badges, propaganda posters in human settlements, NPCs talking comments, all while the White Mantle were found in the back of the raid (forget the proper name of the zone). I think they might blow up DR. Maybe DR (the government) moves to Ebonhawk (Ebonhawk is only missing a portal to Lion's Arch). That opens up a lot of possibilities for the expansion, especially one that sends the players to Crystal Desert/Elona.

S3 is definitely going to involve a war with the White Mantle though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Definitely updating my GW2 install prior to next week, then. Although the whole "attack on capital city" plot device seems awfully repetitive in this game...but that's one way to shake things up a bit. It'll be tough for GW2 to pry me away from FF14 right now, but at least with this game, I can update/log in pretty much whenever I want, free of charge.

That interview with Jenna annoyed the crap out of me. She's totally focused on outside threats but you know the White Mantle would have infiltrated. She also pretty much admits she did put a compulsion on Logan, and can't even be bothered to visit him once. She's just evil

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That interview with Jenna annoyed the crap out of me. She's totally focused on outside threats but you know the White Mantle would have infiltrated. She also pretty much admits she did put a compulsion on Logan, and can't even be bothered to visit him once. She's just evil
    She's a figure head and that's really her only role. Really this interview wasn't really about her it's just reinforcing the fact that divinitys reach will be attacked... again... How many times does this make? 40?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.