Deleted

Question New mechanical keyboard ~£150

So as the title suggests I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard, finally moving from a membrane type.

I'm looking for a "silent" one i.e non-clicky, it's difficult to find a store that actually stocks decent keyboards in my area so I have to go on reviews and the opinion of the mmo-champ community.

Thanks in advance.

Tactile(feedback) or linear? Heavy or soft spring(actuation pressure)? Leds? RGB? Wristrest? Media controls? Macro buttons?

Deleted
    Got a Corsair STRAFE RGB with the Cherry MX SILENT keys. Hardware is excellent, software - which is needed for most of the functionality - hogs quite a bit of memory and doesn't load correctly in like 1 in 20 boots under Windows 7. No issues under Win 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Tactile(feedback) or linear?
    Either really, I will be gaming on it more than typing docs etc.
    Heavy or soft spring(actuation pressure)?
    Softer spring
    Leds? RGB? Wristrest? Media controls? Macro buttons?
    As long as it's back lit and can alter the brightness, media controls and a wrist rest would be nice, macro buttons aren't really needed I've got a Naga for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharin View Post
    Either really, I will be gaming on it more than typing docs etc.

Softer spring

As long as it's back lit and can alter the brightness, media controls and a wrist rest would be nice, macro buttons aren't really needed I've got a Naga for those.
    Then something like the Corsair STRAFE should work(although have no experience with it myself), like thevoicefromwithin said. Mx Brown has a soft spring with tactile feedback and MX silent/red are linear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can take a look at Logitech G910/810. That's what I'm using anyways. For the Romer G switches, bottoming out is relatively silent, the release / return back to position noise isn't so bad compared to the switches I've tried (brown / red / black). It does have a tactile feedback but no audible click to it. Some people may not like it cause it doesn't have that bottoming out click clack feel/sound, but it seems like that's what you're trying to avoid anyways.
    There is lighting and all that stuff but that's for you to play around with.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go for a k70 with red switches and add some o-rings to stop them bottoming out on the backplate.