Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's not really a matter of what she cares about as more the fact that she shown plenty of flaws as political leader.
    Well she is present in her own story. Thats a big plus. And unlike someone you will rarely see "who ?" response to her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Not sure how you fake burning his body at a pyre lol but okay, tin foil hatters.

I would've much preferred to see Vol'jin go to the Zandalari for help and we'd get another troll patch at 7.2 or something.
    Maybe because all you see is an effigy that may or may not contain his body, or may just be empty wrapping?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Sylvanas but she is the best leader to fight the legion (cold and calculating is what the horde need), I was hoping that vol'jin's death was faked and he went to get some allies to help save the day but to kill him off without him not able to accomplish anything is just sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Maybe because all you see is an effigy that may or may not contain his body, or may just be empty wrapping?
    It's an effigy? Source?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is obviously the best leader for the Horde during war-time. She is the only current leader, who has war experience and respect from the other racial leaders. She has also showed her worth during the battle of Orgrimmar and her loyality at the Battle of Undercity. She might be the new Lich Queen, but as she has always said "She fights for the horde".
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's an effigy? Source?
    In beta after broken shore you go to orgrimmar and vol'jin is sitting in the throne room all injured. Then a cinematic will play but on beta the cinematic was not yet implemented. Then it cuts to vol'jin's funeral but you don't see his body on the pyre, just something wrapped up with a voodoo sheild on it that could potentially be anything. Until we see the cinematic we won't know if he is actually dead or whether its some sort of ruse so he can go do something sneaky.

It's an effigy? Source?
    It was literally on the front page a couple of months ago, and has been in the beta for months.

Here. I did the Google legwork for you.

Until such time as the cutscene is put into the game, it is unconfirmed whether or not Vol'jin's body is in there. It's as easy to say it's an effigy as his mummified body.
    Last edited by TyrannicalPuppy; 2016-07-27 at 03:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah, thats true. But would you rather have her or Baine? I think Baine would be a pretty big pushover in terms of the calls you have to make as Warchief. Nobody wants Thrall, so it comes down to those two.
    Baine isn't that big of a pushover as some people think but he's very young nonetheless. He's pretty much learning as Tauren leader yet and has never truly shown much decisiveness in almost any occasion. I think he has potential but he's just not there yet.

Not even Thrall wants Thrall as Warchief so that's out of question.

And as I said already, Lor'themar has little to offer that Sylvanas can't offer herself.

So all in all yeah, I don't deny that she's quite the right candidate for the situation, mostly because politics shouldn't be much of a deal now that we have the end of the fucking world in our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well she is present in her own story. Thats a big plus. And unlike someone you will rarely see "who ?" response to her name.
    Well, is not like Lor'themar has politics on his chords too anyway. He kept telling you for a whole expansion that politics aren't his thing, that he feels cool on the battlefield among "magic and steel" and that politics overall are "stressful".

In other words, he can't even say "I'm a worse military commander BUT a better politician" because that's quite debatable as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I mean because Sylvanas is a misfit like the rest of the Horde because she's undead. The Blood Elves aren't really misfits, just forced to join the Horde because of convenience and political reasons.
    they may have joined in rough times, but after 10 years within the Horde they have become More "horde", I mean they have accepted the Horde as there Ally.
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    In beta after broken shore you go to orgrimmar and vol'jin is sitting in the throne room all injured. Then a cinematic will play but on beta the cinematic was not yet implemented. Then it cuts to vol'jin's funeral but you don't see his body on the pyre, just something wrapped up with a voodoo sheild on it that could potentially be anything. Until we see the cinematic we won't know if he is actually dead or whether its some sort of ruse so he can go do something sneaky.

In all honesty even with the cinematic we may not not know until the end of the xpac, if Vol'Jin comes back with an army to help or if he doesn't come back. no where in any of the quest does it actually show Vol'Jin's body. During the effigy / fire burning all we can see is his gear not actually any body there. Here is to hoping that Vol'Jin is trying to make peace with the Zandalari and we get to see some friendly Loa this xpac. Would be really cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't see Vol'jin fake his death and comes back later if blizzard don't do the same for Varian. Because balance. Like after death of Nazgrim in SoO they killed Taylor in WoD for nothing. Same did Legion - if Varian's death can be counted like smart lore move then Vol'jin bite the dust for sake of balance.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2016-07-27 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    It was literally on the front page a couple of months ago, and has been in the beta for months.

Here. I did the Google legwork for you.

Until such time as the cutscene is put into the game, it is unconfirmed whether or not Vol'jin's body is in there. It's as easy to say it's an effigy as his mummified body.
    Sorry but not sure why you're saying "google legwork" for me as if it's my responsibility to research someone else's claim, that's not how burden of proof works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I guess that's fair.

Baine isn't that big of a pushover as some people think but he's very young nonetheless. He's pretty much learning as Tauren leader yet and has never truly shown much decisiveness in almost any occasion. I think he has potential but he's just not there yet.
    Besides, it's rather iffy to make someone suffering from delusions Warchief and put absolute authority in their hands. What if Dreadlords whisper to him to make his condition worse? Or it gets worse on its own? Suddenly we'd get Baine thinking that it was actually Saurfang or Lor'themar who "betrayed his father" and he'd start purging the "traitors".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Not really, she thinks before she acts
    Like she did at ICC lol? throwing those plague barrels at both horde and alliance...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    Like she did at ICC lol? throwing those plague barrels at both horde and alliance...
    She didn't order this attack
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Besides, it's rather iffy to make someone suffering from delusions Warchief and put absolute authority in their hands. What if Dreadlords whisper to him to make his condition worse? Or it gets worse on its own? Suddenly we'd get Baine thinking that it was actually Saurfang or Lor'themar who "betrayed his father" and he'd start purging the "traitors".
    Can't wait for the "Purge of Silvermoon" where you ask to every Blood Elf "DID YOU BETRAY THE WARCHIEF'S FATHER" and when he/she says "WAIT WTF" you instant kill. Rinse and repeat until Silvermoon has no NPCs left.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Sorry but not sure why you're saying "google legwork" for me as if it's my responsibility to research someone else's claim, that's not how burden of proof works.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that's fair.
    Burden of proof. Right. Because something that's already been on the front page of this very site and posted to multiple forum threads demands burden of proof.

You could have Googled, "Vol'jin funeral pyre" yourself and saved two posts worth of typing.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    God that's bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eramore-s-Fall