Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    None of the TW are hard, but some seem overtuned damage-wise. It does seem to be random though, like one pack of trash mobs doing insane damage for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    None of the TW are hard, but some seem overtuned damage-wise. It does seem to be random though, like one pack of trash mobs doing insane damage for no reason.
    TWing is fine now. They got the piss nerfed out of them Wednesday.

What's funny is the same thing will happen again this next week with the Cata timewalk, and again the first week of the Legion dungeons because players way to many players rely on overgearing, not skill (or even paying basic attention) to get them through 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I had HoR as time walking this week. And yes, it was a group wiper. But interestingly it wasn't on the last boss like it used to be at the beginning of wrath.
    HoR is not a Timewalking dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Fair enough, the forums blizz were still full of people crying hard on saturday morning, with a lot of people posting about it on friday night... So I guess for some it's still too hard even after the nerfs. I'm actually somewhat disapointed I didn't get to try these real hard versions of the dungeons.

Whoa that escalated quickly, I feel sorry for you being angered so easily. But hey I don't need to fake skill, I've proven it on many occasions, I even have a youtube channel if you wanna check out some of my playing, just google my name.

Take it easy.
    The TW wotlk dungeons this week were far harder than the originals. I tanked each of the dungeons when they were fresh in 3.0, 3.2, and 3.3 and even the icc dungeons were way WAY easier then than now not even including the last boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    HoR is not a Timewalking dungeon.
    Crap yea I mixed it up with halls of lightning. Yea halls of reflection would have been insane with pre patch TW scaling at the final gauntlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The TW wotlk dungeons this week were far harder than the originals. I tanked each of the dungeons when they were fresh in 3.0, 3.2, and 3.3 and even the icc dungeons were way WAY easier then than now not even including the last boss.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear I've gotten it twice now.
    ... Gimme pics.

They are pretty damn easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    ... Gimme pics.
    See the edit
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

- - - Updated - - -

I swear I've gotten it twice now.
    I did them on Friday and Saturday as previously mentioned, I also tanked all the dungeons back when they were relevant and geared up via tanking in all expansions from WOTLK to current, for me on Friday and Saturday the dungeons were super easy and nothing remotely like the difficulty they were back then. Maybe on wednesday prior to hotfixing as someone mentioned above they were hard, but definitely not when I tried them and there were definitely people complaining about this difficulty from the difficulty they had on friday.

Like I said I'd like to have tried them, Pit of Saron was not one of the more difficult dungeons in WOTLK anyway and really only Halls of Reflection was considered hard, but for sure the ICC dungeons were at intended gear levels a small step above the launch WOTLK dungeons, and a lot harder than any timewalking version I've done.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    They are pretty damn easy...
    They got the fuck nerfed out of them on Wednesday. Boss and most trash melee damage reduced by 30%, player ilvl increased by ~70.

- - - Updated - - -

I did them on Friday and Saturday as previously mentioned, I also tanked all the dungeons back when they were relevant and geared up via tanking in all expansions from WOTLK to current, for me on Friday and Saturday the dungeons were super easy and nothing remotely like the difficulty they were back then. Maybe on wednesday prior to hotfixing as someone mentioned above they were hard, but definitely not when I tried them and there were definitely people complaining about this difficulty from the difficulty they had on friday.

Like I said I'd like to have tried them, Pit of Saron was not one of the more difficult dungeons in WOTLK anyway and really only Halls of Reflection was considered hard, but for sure the ICC dungeons were at intended gear levels a small step above the launch WOTLK dungeons, and a lot harder than any timewalking version I've done.
    Your difficulty is also going to vary a lot based on the tank you're playing right now. Warriors are essentially immortal. Bears have so much EHP they can survive just about anything. DKs are kind of the middle of the pack right now. Monks are worse than DKs but not totally awful. And then in dead last you have Paladin.

Pit of Saron is tuned poorly. They give you ilvl 200 gear which maybe they felt like the numbers dictated but, I will tell you as somebody who played the SHIT out of Wrath, you will NOT run that dungeon smoothly unless you were at least ilvl 213. Considering Trial of the Champion dropped 219 gear, this wasn't a problem for most people. The progression was simple and easy. Get some 200ish gear from heroic dungeons, get some easy raids done like OS or 10 man Naxx for some epics. Farm ToC dungeon for 219 gear and then attempt FoS, PoS, and HoF. Going into PoS at 200 ilvl is a death sentence and an absolutely horrible choice for Blizzard. 213 please.

See the edit
    Man, ya got my hopes up. I still remember the idiotic kill order that most groups used, and that suicidal corner strat. Just remember kids, priests are to be interrupted, not killed, and the corner groups YOU up for AoE, not THEM.

i just want to repeat: i tanked this instance like 10 times. i farmed 2,5 k coins this week. and very seldom my char drops below 70 % hp, exept some strong hitting abilities from trash, which are not that hard to memorize.

i NEVER got onehit by anything, yes some things are hitting hard, and u HAVE to use or active migiation abilities and cds to some extent. Thats what is called tanking.

Its a learn to play /learn to tank issue, and the problem is not the difficulty of the dungeons, but the downfall of the playerbase overall skill due to to easy welfare dungeons in the last 3 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Pit of Saron is tuned poorly. They give you ilvl 200 gear which maybe they felt like the numbers dictated but, I will tell you as somebody who played the SHIT out of Wrath, you will NOT run that dungeon smoothly unless you were at least ilvl 213. Considering Trial of the Champion dropped 219 gear, this wasn't a problem for most people. The progression was simple and easy. Get some 200ish gear from heroic dungeons, get some easy raids done like OS or 10 man Naxx for some epics. Farm ToC dungeon for 219 gear and then attempt FoS, PoS, and HoF. Going into PoS at 200 ilvl is a death sentence and an absolutely horrible choice for Blizzard. 213 please.
    PoS has been fine since Wednesday when they upped the ilvl from 153 and decreased boss damage by 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You need to take into account that we're not playing WOTLK classes, we're playing Legion Classes which are a lot stronger. We're also playing in a post-squish climate where low level gear scaling does not work the same as it did back then. When I did POS it went faster and smoother than it did in ICC 25man geared groups back in WOTLK.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i just want to repeat: i tanked this instance like 10 times. i farmed 2,5 k coins this week. and very seldom my char drops below 70 % hp, exept some strong hitting abilities from trash, which are not that hard to memorize.

i NEVER got onehit by anything, yes some things are hitting hard, and u HAVE to use or active migiation abilities and cds to some extent. Thats what is called tanking.

Its a learn to play /learn to tank issue, and the problem is not the difficulty of the dungeons, but the downfall of the playerbase overall skill due to to easy welfare dungeons in the last 3 expansions.
    Early on in the week they increased player ilvl by about 70 and reduced boss and trash melee damage by 30%. Good on you for not wiping in piss easy content.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to take into account that we're not playing WOTLK classes, we're playing Legion Classes which are a lot stronger. We're also playing in a post-squish climate where low level gear scaling does not work the same as it did back then. When I did POS it went faster and smoother than it did in ICC 25man geared groups back in WOTLK.
    Then you had shit raiders back in the day. If I did Scourgelord with a full guild group in LK he died in about 10 seconds.

i was finished with the coins on friday. so i ran on wednsday and thursday and friday, i assume. And i lvl was something shortt of 200? no idea, 175 or so?

So you got people who were being dumb/bad and blame blizz? Even before the nerf I haven't had issues. Most of it is because people think they can do TW dungeons like they do normal dungeons, which they can't. You get scaled down to an average, a la chall. dungeons, so pulling entire rooms will get you killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i was finished with the coins on friday. so i ran on wednsday and thursday and friday, i assume. And i lvl was something shortt of 200? no idea, 175 or so?
    If I recall the ilvl was around 150. I want to say 153 but I'm not 110% sure. I thought PoS was scaled to 219 on live now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    So you got people who were being dumb/bad and blame blizz? Even before the nerf I haven't had issues.
    And what tank do you play? Just curious.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    If you were doing timewalking "properly" pre 7.0 you were using old tier sets or a combo of some.

for example My Holy / Disc preist used the TOGC set. + val'nyr +winwood heart +belt of stars + proc ring.

The TOGC set was strong for alot of classes. now they have disabled old teir bonus' I ran it this week for the weekly, thankfully scored capable tanks, Pit of Saron actually seemed easier with new holy than it did as disc pre patch. /shrug.

I just used my normal gear, with the val, winwood heart belt of starshard proc trinket. In my pre legion bank cleaning I accidentally dumped my gemslot bracers,boots, ect I may not even bother to re farm them it was so easy, or I just got lucky and had good tanks. (pallys and warriors, I didn't get a chance to run with the other three yet to see how they were affected)

/shrug.
    You can get your gemslot boots and one gemslot ring from the Cata gear vendors.