Poll: Choices

Pick One (Talent Trees)

Option 1: Big talent trees, 1 point to spend for each level, 1 best spec for end game with minor variations, not limited to 1 tree. (Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk)

Option 2: Same as option 1 but limited to 1 tree. (Cata)

Option 3: 1 point every 15 levels, no mathematically best spec for every endgame encounter, talents changed often for different scenarios. (MoP, WoD, Legion)

Option 4: Same as option 1 but with a mathematically best spec for single target, cleave and aoe, each with different playstyles.

Option 5: A mix of option 1 and option 3.

Option 6: Something different (your choice).

1 point every 15 levels, no mathematically best spec for every endgame encounter, talents changed often for different scenarios. (MoP, WoD, Legion)
    Did you play the last 2 expansions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Although changing talents for specific encounters and such was great with option 3, I do prefer the option 1. Back then you were free to create all sorts of interesting specs, there was a lot more diversity. Leveling was also better, because you got to make your character a little bit stronger every time by spending a talent point.

The current addition of Artifact weapons does remind me of pre-Cataclysm talents quite a bit.

Let's face it, though, the current state of talents is the worst ever. First they allow us to change talents everywhere, at the cost of some minor reagent, and then tke it away, but make it free. Make up your mind.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they managed to find a way to make option 1 without the boring "+x% to y" talents, I'd enjoy that more. But since they quite clearly didn't think they could, I'm going with 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, would rather want hybrid speccs, think I like Wrath the most on that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Talents with real customization that actually change how you play the class.Not what we had in Vanilla to Cata and not what we had in Mop/WoD
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2016-07-29 at 12:28 PM.

Mop system with 4 or 5 talent per tier mostly passive.

Current system on top of the artifact talent trees works perfectly. No iteration is needed past that. Only work that is needed is to make sure all talents are represented properly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I like original rift style, you'd be able to pick from many specs for your class to build your unique class. Ended up with some really nice combinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I think having Artifact weapons will help slightly, but I still will always prefer option 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I like original rift style, you'd be able to pick from many specs for your class to build your unique class. Ended up with some really nice combinations.
    Also this. Rift had one of the best talent systems I've ever seen.

What's the point of having talents in the first place if there is a best spec?

My choice is more like #1:

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just keep what we have now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    #6: RIFT's system where every class has a large number of themed trees (WoW vanilla/tbc/wotlk like) to chose from and can combine talents from 3. While most talent points need to be spent a certain way to be best for ST/aoe dps/heals in a competitive raiding environment, there's so much potential for making fun 5man, solo or pvp hybrid builds. Also having 10+ remembered builds à la WoW's dualspec really helps.

This is a hard one.. I like changing talents to optimize for every bossfight.. but i whould also love to have a PoE-like talentree in wow

I would love vanilla/tbc talents again, but they need to make them more of a choice.

Giant skill tree like Path of Exile,1 point per level allowing massive variation in builds.

Option one is no different than what we have today, people still go to icy veins and use whats considered best even if its less than 1% damage gain. More choices is better and can produce interesting talents once you have good enough gear to not put points into extra crit or shield block

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Giant skill tree like Path of Exile,1 point per level allowing massive variation in builds.
    100% this ^

15+ Year Old Account
    RIFT system. Best talents and builds ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.