Poll: Tauren Warrior vs Orc Warrior

Orc or Tauren warrior? (PvE and PvP) & background

I originally created my orc warrior on day 1 after enjoying the theme of it. He stayed orc for a long time, but I switched him to dwarf to play with friends a few years ago. I really, really like dwarf, probably my favorite warrior race by far. But alas, my friends are migrating to Horde now, so I have decided tag along because I enjoy playing with them.

So here's my dilemma:
    Orc vs Tauren warrior (male)

I like the appearance and theme of the tauren more, but I hate how awkward they look doing certain things, e.g MOUNTS
    Orcs were my original choice back in 2004 and I feel like it'd be a nice throwback (and with new models/animations now, too!)

It's fairly close in my mind, so I'm looking to their racial abilities now to help decide.

Orc:
    +reduced stun durations
    +bloodrage
    -increased pet damage

Tauren:
    +Increased crit damage
    +Increased stamina
    +aoe stun
    +nature resist
    -herbalism bonus

I know PvE dps difference will be extremely negligible, so I'll look at it more so from PvP

bloodrage burst damage bonus + reduced stun durations VS higher crit damage, increased stamina, and an AoE stun that will DR

It's close. (Blood Elf probably the best, but that's not an option for me as I pick based on what I think looks cool, lol)

tl;dr: one of those annoying posts where I ask for advice on a personal choice in a video game
    Last edited by jSewell; 2016-08-10 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    If I played horde again (did in Cata) I would be Tauren because I almost always end up tanking. For me the Tauren feels like a better tank and Orc more like DPS, if I were you I'd base it on that.

If you own a cow suit with a yiff whole, tauren. If you're a reasonable human .. orc.

Both in pvp and pve it is a neglible difference honestly just pic whatever you like to look at.

If you want to see your boots play Orc. Personally I can't handle the hooves. Dps wise there is not enough difference to matter so play what looks the most appealing to you.

I play an orc female warrior. Like it very much. But originally she was a male Tauren warrior because I am a long time fan of Pat pvp videos. Agree on the boots thingy as well. X-mog sets look better on orc. So its a 50/50 choice for me. You can always level another melee alt and pick the opposite looks for him =) My paladin is male tauren. Makes me happy on beta atm =)

Deleted
    Female Taurens are awfully underrated

Quote Originally Posted by Ezymode View Post
    If you want to see your boots play Orc. Personally I can't handle the hooves. Dps wise there is not enough difference to matter so play what looks the most appealing to you.
    This, as somebody who enjoys the transmog thing as well, not seeing your boots properly (still need to farm the correct ones to get the wrnkled up same coloration thingy above the hoove) and not being able to wear helms (99% of them) makes Tauren very boring for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    ORC. You die in em stunzzzz in pvp...
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Tauren if (and it's a big IF imho) their running animation doesn't bother you.
    That ice-skating thing can be annoying for someone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since this really narrows down to a choice out of appeal, I´d go for Tauren. It´s just a bit but it still is bulkier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

From an aesthetic point, I like them both equally. I like male tauren's bulkiness and horns/head. I like male orc animations and less awkwardness on mounts (and it being nostalgic)

So if boils down to their racials in pvp. Tauren criticize damage synergizes with the class cooldown, but so does bloodrage to a degree. 20% reduced stun duration vs aoe 2 sec stun on a 1.5 min cd + increased stamina basically

For PvP, Orc.

For general purposes, whatever you like. Taurens are my favorite race due to their chill nature, but Orcs looks better on transmogs.

Keep in mind that the hooves / really badly fitting helms might get annoying after a while.

Tauren are a force of nature that can basically wreck anything that is prune to physical damage. Orcs are rather the unstoppable killing machine. Imo there is a different mindset involved in terms of RP appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Jim View Post
    Female Taurens are awfully underrated
    As are female Orcs. Human's aside, plate armour looks better on them than any of the other races.

You should play whatever race you enjoy playing the most.

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    ...I really, really like dwarf...

So here's my dilemma:
    Orc vs Tauren warrior (male)
    Although you're trying to choose between the two, I suggest panda. I never considered playing one myself, but they're significantly better animated than both Tauren and Orcs, in everything they do and their armor is well in proportion with their bodies. If you haven't tried it, give it a go; you may be pleasantly surprised.

orc + relentless pvp talent. pretty broken on beta and people are moving horde because of this

Deleted
    femtaur master race.

though i have to say that transmogs can look a bit weird on taurens. tho for me it's not the boots, it's the helms, they often get huge due to the head being in front of the shoulders instead of on top of them like normal anatomy.

that warmil/bunker helm, blackrock it's called i think, in particular looked so stupid on a male tauren
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...rock-plate.jpg tauren
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...rock-plate.jpg orc
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...-greathelm.jpg lolol gnomes
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-08-13 at 09:20 PM.