Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    "We died to trash mobs and had to retreat... windrunner... you were the best at retreating... the voices in my head tell me... you should be warchief"
    First "Raid" of the Expansion and we wipe to trash... Things are looking good. /s

It's not stupid from a fan-aspect. The banshee queen has a lot of followers in here that thought she should be the leader of the horde after thrall stepped down, all those years back.
    Mother pus bucket!

To be honest I thought the whole statement of "I have never trusted you" was kind of odd too. How long has it been since the Forsaken joined the Horde? And you never trusted your fellow leader during all those years without speaking up?

Deleted
    Sylvanas is just the perfect example of modern day feminism. "We need a strong female leader, to show that we appreciate both genders". Don't believe me, just look at some of the latest movies, star wars main female lead, complete mary sue didn't need help from males, Ghostbusters, turned cast into females for no reason other than female impowerment. Sylvanas being covered up was not an artistic decision, it was made because blizzard wanted feminists to be happy. Next we'll find out Anduin Wrynn is trans.

Deleted
    They might be trustworthy, but a trustworthy leader isn't what you want in a war, you need someone that will make the decisions with conviction and strength, those 3 spineless leaders could learn a lot of her in that department. Sylvanas is probably a lot more strategic in battles than the other 3 combined, who've pretty much done nothing the past decade in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvannas can be ruthless. We need her ruthlessness against the Legion. I'm no Sylvannas fan but looking at what we need right now in a war against the most powerful force in the universe, Sylvannas is going to be the leader we need. She has more experience than Baine. Definitely better than Gallywix. Lor'themar, maybe, but he's not equally as ruthless or determined.

Plus, you're already whining it's literally the first week. We will most likely get more explanations through out the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They might be trustworthy, but a trustworthy leader isn't what you want in a war, you need someone that will make the decisions with conviction and strength, those 3 spineless leaders could learn a lot of her in that department. Sylvanas is probably a lot more strategic in battles than the other 3 combined, who've pretty much done nothing the past decade in WoW.
    You act as though them doing nothing somehow makes them a worse character. When in reality, blizzard just don't want to flesh out other characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to the Broken Shore cinematic, it was pretty obvious Sylvie was the best person available to assume the role of Warchief after Vol'Jin. That said, I do agree the handoff could have been handled a bit better than it had been. It would've been nice if Vol'Jin elaborated a bit more on why he chose her as the next Warchief. Vol'Jin telling Sylvie "Don't let the Horde die" when he was struck down was the moment she become acting Warchief in that moment (the other faction leaders were pinned down). It was also a test for her, hence Vol'Jin being comfortable with her being his successor. After all she's Undead and the rest of them are not. It would have been easy for her to order the Horde to keep fighting but she didn't.

The Horde will be unified under Sylvanas. Looking back at Sylvie's smartass reply to Garrosh in Silverpine Forest, you can say that was when she displayed a willingness to think beyond just herself and the Forsaken. Same with what she did with Kolitra in Andorhal: She knew very well she risked war with the Ebon Blade but Kolitra was fighting as a member of the Horde at the time. The willingness to take decisive action like that is what the Horde needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    At the end of the expansion, we all wake up and find Varian taking a shower, none the wiser.
    ...Major props to whoever knows the Trope this man just referenced and its origins.

Here's a massive hint: It's imfamous as being one of, if not the worst retcon ever thought of in TV History <3
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Neither of the other leaders of the horde can come close to what Sylvanas is.
    A coward who turns tail and runs, abandoning allies in the middle of a fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    Sylvanas is just the perfect example of modern day feminism. "We need a strong female leader, to show that we appreciate both genders". Don't believe me, just look at some of the latest movies, star wars main female lead, complete mary sue didn't need help from males, Ghostbusters, turned cast into females for no reason other than female impowerment. Sylvanas being covered up was not an artistic decision, it was made because blizzard wanted feminists to be happy. Next we'll find out Anduin Wrynn is trans.
    God forbid we have heroines instead of the generic male heroes! Oh no, it's obviously some kind of conspiratorial agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Neither of the other leaders of the horde can come close to what Sylvanas is.

They are all leaders by line they didn't achieve anything them self's.
    Sylvanas on the other hand fights day to day even in the horde to keep what she has build.

She is the perfect leader the horde needs you are all fools to think otherwise.
    Baine is the weak leader of a murdered father who had to rely on someone else to avenge his death.

Lorth'remar barely ever even leaves Silvermoon.

Gallywix is shady AF.

Ji Firepaw has a split loyalty.

Most importantly, the last orc warchief was a huge criminal and was killed for it, and he was killed by the previous warchief who's on some sort of vision quest.

Sylvanas is easily the strongest of the remaining leaders - but that doesn't mean she's strong. If anything, the Horde is at its weakest moment. It could be interesting storywise.....but I doubt it'll come to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    A coward who turns tail and runs, abandoning allies in the middle of a fight?
    Did you watch the Horde side? Or are you pulling a Jaina and jumping to conclusions without seeing why Sylvanas had the Horde retreat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    You had to bring it up didn't you. This has nothing to do with that, and even if it did, why is female characters being in important roles a bad thing? Making all kinds of people feel represented in mass media is NOT a bad thing.

Anyway, Sylvanas is one of the most popular Warcraft characters. She's also x10 times more interesting than Vol'Jin was as Warchief. THIS is why this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Thanks to the Broken Shore cinematic, it was pretty obvious Sylvie was the best person available to assume the role of Warchief after Vol'Jin. That said, I do agree the handoff could have been handled a bit better than it had been. It would've been nice if Vol'Jin elaborated a bit more on why he chose her as the next Warchief. Vol'Jin telling Sylvie "Don't let the Horde die" when he was struck down was the moment she become acting Warchief in that moment (the other faction leaders were pinned down). It was also a test for her, hence Vol'Jin being comfortable with her being his successor. After all she's Undead and the rest of them are not. It would have been easy for her to order the Horde to keep fighting but she didn't.

The Horde will be unified under Sylvanas. Looking back at Sylvie's smartass reply to Garrosh in Silverpine Forest, you can say that was when she displayed a willingness to think beyond just herself and the Forsaken. Same with what she did with Kolitra in Andorhal: She knew very well she risked war with the Ebon Blade but Kolitra was fighting as a member of the Horde at the time. The willingness to take decisive action like that is what the Horde needs right now.

...Major props to whoever knows the Trope this man just referenced and its origins.

Here's a massive hint: It's imfamous as being one of, if not the worst retcon ever thought of in TV History <3
    Do people really not remember the end of Dallas? Man, I'm old, although even that show is before my time.

I'm a bit concerned about her attitude in War Crimes where she seemed absolutely nuts. If they ignore that then shes a good choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    To be honest I thought the whole statement of "I have never trusted you" was kind of odd too. How long has it been since the Forsaken joined the Horde? And you never trusted your fellow leader during all those years without speaking up?
    Your avatar betrays your feelings. Do you think the Horde trusted Sylvanas after the battle of Undercity in WotLK? Do you think they were okay with the events of the Cataclysm where she was trying to usurp power and started a war in Gilneas? Sylvanas, for better or for worse, is the best suited in terms of military tactics, but she's also the most ruthless and accentuates the characteristics of the Horde that the Alliance hate the most.

So was legitimizing Daemon. Rulers don't always make the best choices, and as writers of the story they create these events to add tension to the plot.
    Your version of the best ideas don't apply. You can be Sylvanas wont simply be the Warchief and do nothing. They have a great model for her, a strong recognizable voice actor, and intriguing lore. Its the right direction from a story perspective 100 percent.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Lor'themar for Warchief!

I think your a sissy boy but your my son...so you are king. /explodes

Probably going to kill her in a future raid this expansion. I wouldn't really get too attached. Her being warchief just seems like a plot device until we bop her on the head. At least thats what certain quests in stormheim would lead you to believe