View Poll Results: What is your most trusted news source.

Voters
169. This poll is closed
  • CNN

38 22.49%
  • MSNBC

5 2.96%
  • NPR

43 25.44%
  • FOX NEWS

36 21.30%
  • HuffPost

1 0.59%
  • Breitbart

13 7.69%
  • InfoWars

19 11.24%
  • The Young Turks

14 8.28%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice choices. I haven't ever visited any of those sites So I voted randomly.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I tend to read from different sources on issues.

Sometimes I read from the ABC (Australian) or news.com.au (news corp, aka fox) and try to form an opinion from that. But mainly I trust independent news sources such as the ABC and not ones owned by the Murdoch media empire. That way I don't fall for their BS by making every other news source 'extreme left wing bias' as a way of discrediting them. Cause everything seems left wing if you only trust Fox news and Murdoch.

Although I had a very interesting 'discussion' with a trump supporter one time who said an article by news.com.au is fake news because it painted Trump in a bad light about his first 100 days contract. Even Trump supporters call their most loyal news fake if it makes trump look like shit.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2017-06-15 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    What is your most trusted source for news?

If I left any out, put it in the comment section. Also if you could elaborate why, Personally I go with NPR, Bloomberg and the Wallstreet Journal.

For Cable News not much of an Option But I flip between CNN and MSNBC for breaking news. Print WaPost and NYT
    I do not have one single most trusted news source. I check multiple sources daily from both sides of the pond.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personal experience obviously.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is 'none' or 'other' not on there?

I don't get my news from any particular source. All it does is bring stuff to my attention. From there I actually do some research to find out more details from multiple sources. People will lie or twist things in their own way if they're going to. But when every source says the same thing, I can feel confident that it's at accurate enough to believe for the time being.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You left out the "None of the above" option. Mostly because I'm not American, but also because I'm old enough now to know that there's always a subjective slant to news.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where is the none of the above option?

None from that list. Reuters most likely or others when it involves basic incidents (i.e. shootings).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:

Actual news agency (mostly factual):
    CNN
    MSNBC
    NPR

Partisan mouthpiece (mix of factual, factual with biased representation and misrepresented facts):
    FOX NEWS
    HuffPost
    The Young Turks

Lunatic fringe (batshit crazy bullshit and outright lies):
    Breitbart
    InfoWars

Fox used to be closer to lunatic fringe but appears to have gentrified in recent years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Phillip DeFranco.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:

Actual news agency (mostly factual):
    CNN
    MSNBC
    NPR

Partisan mouthpiece (mix of factual, factual with biased representation and misrepresented facts):
    FOX NEWS
    HuffPost
    The Young Turks

Lunatic fringe (batshit crazy bullshit and outright lies):
    Breitbart
    InfoWars

Fox used to be closer to lunatic fringe but appears to have gentrified in recent years.
    Ahahahaha... >not putting CNN and MSNBC in Partisan mouthpiece category

Also HUffpost belongs in the Lunatic fringe part.

Deleted
    The Young Turks
    My only source. They never do fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Ahahahaha... >not putting CNN and MSNBC in Partisan mouthpiece category

Also HUffpost belongs in the Lunatic fringe part.
    You think that because you're biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Phillip DeFranco.
    Ah yes, I meant to also create a category for internet clickbait trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Trump's Twitter feed. I look at it and know whatever is posted the exact opposite is almost certainly true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    The Young Turks
    My only source. They never do fake news.
    Whats not to like about a group that name themselves after the folks that sparked the Armenian genocide. I guess The Young Nazis was taken.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    @GennGreymane is my most trusted news source

15+ Year Old Account
    As sad as it is, I don't really have one anymore. I tend to read an article and then look up the same story on other sites to see if its being reported the same way or if its been done in a way to fit an agenda. What I really want in a story is the facts. I don't want the authors speculation. I don't want articles that seem to be more of a rant. I just want to know what happened. The whole, "this happened and here's why we think it happened" gets annoying because the author these days seems to barely know anything more because they themselves read it on some other site and want you to read THEIR version so their advertisers get more views.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You think that because you're biased.
    Says the guy that is extremely left wing bias

Huffpost LITERALLY lies constantly and posts some of the most batshit insane shit I've ever read.

CNN and MSNBC are incredibly left-wing bias news sources. As evidence for the entire electoral campaign and post Election.

Associated Press

https://apnews.com/

They gather and sell news to thousands of media outlets so they remove as much bias as they can, you don't get a lot of editorializing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    like a few others have said, phillip defranco on youtube is a good place for news. i love how depending on what stories he runs he gets called everything from racist alt-right to bleeding heart sjw. people have trouble with facts!
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Theo put Infowars, rofl.