Please Give me your 2 cents on what to pick, i did my homework too

Not that long ago i made a post about not being sure if i wanted to play my holy paladin that i played since wotlk or my holy priest which i played since early vanilla.
    The major issue here is that i rather like melee combat and don`t care at all for casting spells at mobs (smite spam).

So, as i was still uncertain about which to pick i did ALL the mythic dungeons on my paladin and my priest in a row.
    Took me quite a while lol.
    Granted it was a guild group so it weeds out horrible dungeon experiences from pugs.

Conclusion: i loved the holy priest, a lot more than the paladin which i found just as boring as ever, i don`t care much for tank healing in raids and would rather just do dungeons and world content which legion is said to have a lot.

The problem is just that, i had fun in grouped content but to level with, and most importantly, to do the new content like world quests, artifact farm and everything promised to keep us entertained is a total drag on the priest, smite spamming is boring and am afraid i would be missing out on the fun of soloing world content and tough mobs.

Keep in mind that i don`t play offspecs, only holy on both classes..can you straighten things up a bit for me please? its a tough one.

How is it a tough one? Play which you prefer to heal on (priest)

You're going to be gimped in the world regardless if you refuse to take an offspec. I mean your contention is "smite spamming is boring" - well what does a holy pala do in the world thats fun and engaging?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    can you straighten things up a bit for me please? its a tough one.
    Play what YOU want to play.

And also, Forum rules and guidelines section says: Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?"

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    How is it a tough one? Play which you prefer to heal on (priest)

You're going to be gimped in the world regardless if you refuse to take an offspec. I mean your contention is "smite spamming is boring" - well what does a holy pala do in the world thats fun and engaging?
    i ashumed the big mace, good aoe, plate and the lore behind it might make it more engaging...maybe its just wishful thinking and the dps still sucks

Deleted
    i ashumed the big mace, good aoe, plate and the lore behind it might make it more engaging...maybe its just wishful thinking and the dps still sucks
    Priest has better and more consistent (yet insanely boring) aoe and takes less damage from physical attacks than most non tank plate users because of focused will.

OT as people mentioned, it really does not matter since you refuse to play dps offspec, because your experience will be pretty bad on either class.

Not that long ago i made a post about not being sure if i wanted to play my holy paladin that i played since wotlk or my holy priest which i played since early vanilla.
    The major issue here is that i rather like melee combat and don`t care at all for casting spells at mobs (smite spam).
    You might consider giving Mistweaver a try. As a melee class, they work a lot better than Paladins. They've got a fairly robust set of abilities, they're far more mobile and they deal a ton of damage (for a healer).

Only you can decide what class to play. Threads like these are against the rules.