Page 70 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Does not affect pets, guardians or rifts.
    Typical. Anyhow, thanks again!

Deleted
    Is backdraft better than roaring blaze until the 4 set bonus? Also how again do i use roaring blaze optimally, havent touched that talent yet. Some people say that you should refresh immolate right before it ends and some say you lose damage?

In an undocumented change, Conflagrate no longer costs mana. Shadowburn does though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elajtenzors View Post
    Is backdraft better than roaring blaze until the 4 set bonus? Also how again do i use roaring blaze optimally, havent touched that talent yet. Some people say that you should refresh immolate right before it ends and some say you lose damage?
    Nothing changes for backdraft vs RB until you get the 4p tier bonus.

With 4p its immo -> immo (to get pandemic cap) -> conflag on CD until less than 10 seconds left -> let recharge while maintaining a normal immolate until about to cap 3 charges and then refresh immolate to get to pandemic cap and start over.

You should try to time it so you refresh immolate immediately after the last tick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    In an undocumented change, Conflagrate no longer costs mana. Shadowburn does though.
    Nothing I've seen suggests that there's any point in even paying attention to shadowburn as a talent.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Nothing I've seen suggests that there's any point in even paying attention to shadowburn as a talent.
    At this point, it should be named Improved Conflagrate since it's an improved Conflagrate. It's NOT Shadowburn; the iconic and fun destro spell called Shadowburn first got ruined at the start of Legion (accessibility/functionality/power-wise) and was now removed entirely.

Similarly, they should call Soul Harvest what it really is: Dark Soul. Soul Harvest is a completely different spell: one that refills soul shards. But I guess calling it Dark Soul would make it even more blatantly obvious that the bulk of the Legion destro talents were simply taken from WoD/MoP era baseline abilities.

Deleted
    I really have issues with the insane CB cast times in RB spec. Feels like i can go cook dinner while casting it...

Did EN and TOV mythic today and it felt weird. Specced Affli and with an idiot rotation and a 37 trait weapon i could easily out-dps my 54-trait destro spec.

Do you guys respec every boss on farm? or is there one standard one that kind of fits all?

What about m+? Tried my old spec with BD-RE-x-FnB-x-Sac-Havoc but that lost about 20% dps.
    Ran RB-ELT-x-FnB-Sac-Havoc second, but once i got out my CBs, mobs were dead (admittedly it was only a 7)

Does CDF work in m+? I did Nel's lair and it seems lackluster there in after the first jump down, because only smaller packs.

Would be very happy to get some feedback from the more experienced crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    *snip*
    This is because right now there is almost maniacal RB following by everyone and their grandmothers because some very important person said it's teh best.

In reality RB right now is identical in output to BD, except that BD is both great QoL and is as easy to manage as it gets, while RB is extremely unforgiving to fuckups, does not work with things that die fast AND makes your Chaos Bolt take 2 years to cast by the grace of the fact that you have no BD, all of this together means that RB now is actually WORSE and quite a bit so if you botch it constantly OR alternatively mess up other stuff while trying to do it perfectly.

After you will have 4 piece tier, which may as well be when you are deep in progression, then MAYBE RB will get to the point where it is actually pulling ahead enough to counter its inherent disadvantages, which effectively decrease its output in practice, but even then, I am pretty confident it will be minor increase at most and for a much more hassle and pain in the ass while at it.

So what you should do now if you struggle, is simply pick BD and learn to live with other changes, until you are comfortable enough to try RB. Don't try everything at once, it leads to shit. That's basically what I am doing, once I will be able to perfect use CDF, ELT, SH and slower Chaos Bolt, then I'll look at RB, if that.

And yes, now everyone is trying to mix and match and find the best solution to each encounter or content type. For example, for M+ I gravitate towards BD/ELT/Cata/GoServ/CDF which for me seems to be a good mix of everything I may want in M+, but it also depends on what you are doing too, if you need more AoE then pack more AoE stuff and it's not like I claim this build is superior or something, it's just that I am comfortable with it for M+, for example.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-01-12 at 12:10 AM.

I did heroic EN with guildies. It was a bit awkward trying to do the RB rotation when I've been using backdraft most of the expansion so I made some errors. I kind of hate that going to RB is making me far more haste dependent. This isn't so bad since I'd been keeping a lot of haste gear so I could swap to demonology on occasion. I haven't done any M+ yet but I found the raid frustrating because I was wanting to tweak my talents a lot more than usual (probably just because I haven't gotten used to the rotation yet). I used to be able to throw some really big aoe by spamming RoF/FnB in between conflagrates (I have feretory) but I can't do that now.

I've been playing around with the spec that the sims have been suggesting and had to make some weakauras to help remind me to use ELT and Soul Harvest. I have trouble understanding why Soul Harvest is better than Eradicate because of it's cooldown given that with feretory, I almost always have shards for chaos bolt. I may have to run some sims on my own eventually when I have the mental bandwidth after getting used to this new rotation.

*edit* and comment with regard to the previous post, I played with RB some early on in the expansion. It can be fun if you get it right but the slow casting makes it a bear if you mess up and don't redo your immolates right. If RB has more potential than backdraft, I think it's worth trying to learn to do well even if it ends up requiring some tooth pulling, but the speed you get with BD may be necessary in M+ where timing is critical and dashing out of volcanos is a must. Keep in mind though, that with RB you're doing a lot of damage with just your immolate which buys you some wiggle room with those nukes.

Best luck all!
    Last edited by Twilightcrescent; 2017-01-12 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Played Destruction tonight for mythic EN farm.

Overall I did more dps than before 7.1.5, especially on Ursoc weirdly where I did like 100K more than my previous, but I kinda hate how it feels now. Conflag CB inc CB was definitively much more to my liking compared to how it is now with CDF ELT and RB.

Don't know if I need more time with it or how other people are feeling about it? The slow cast times are really putting me off and keeping up ELT is more annoying than I thought it'd be.

The new CDF is great though. Love that splash damage component.

(Dont't get me wrong. Destro, in terms of numbers, is better with 7.1.5 and the specc is more well rounded when running around with a single build, but the overall feeling and flow of the gameplay isn't much to my liking)

Probably need more time with it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post

Overall I did more dps than before 7.1.5, especially on Ursoc weirdly where I did like 100K more than my previous, but I kinda hate how it feels now. Conflag CB inc CB was definitively much more to my liking compared to how it is now with CDF ELT and RB.

Don't know if I need more time with it or how other people are feeling about it? The slow cast times are really putting me off and keeping up ELT is more annoying than I thought it'd be.

The new CDF is great though. Love that splash damage component.

(Dont't get me wrong. Destro, in terms of numbers, is better with 7.1.5 and the specc is more well rounded when running around with a single build, but the overall feeling and flow of the gameplay isn't much to my liking)

Probably need more time with it I guess.
    What is your current build build for single and rotation? I feel like I am doing so wrong with my current rotation(Immolate-Infernals-Soul Harvest-Grimory of Service imp-X3 Rifts-Conflag-Life Tap for the buff and them spamming chaos bolt and when i have 0 shards, spam incinerate. Also my friend do you think or feel that affliction is better than destro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    What is your current build build for single and rotation? I feel like I am doing so wrong with my current rotation(Immolate-Infernals-Soul Harvest-Grimory of Service imp-X3 Rifts-Conflag-Life Tap for the buff and them spamming chaos bolt and when i have 0 shards, spam incinerate. Also my friend do you think or feel that affliction is better than destro?
    For single target :

build - RB, ELT, DC, SH, BR, Service, CDF

- At roughly 5-6 seconds before pull Pre cast 2x Empowered Life Tap so I have 25 seconds uptime due to pandemic
    - Pre cast chaos bolt or 2x Incinerate
    - Immolate + Immolate for full duration pandemic
    - Conflag Conflag (because of Roaring Blaze)
    - Soul Harvest, Infernals/Doomguard, Grimoire Imp
    - CDF
    - 3x Rift
    - Conflag
    - 2x Chaos Bolt
    - CDF
    - Continue to keep up ELT and "normal rotation"

But rotations are not something static, you need to adapt to the situation. It comes down to much more than simply following a pre-determined pattern. Especially when it comes to mechanics.
    For example when I do mythic cenarius I don't instantly use infernal, but wait for the first forces of nightmare to spawn and then use infernal, Soul harvest. Since the fight is about 4-5 minutes you can use your doomguard later on in P3.

I am not sure yet whether Affli or Destro is better. All I know is that Destruction right now is harder to play because you can mess it up easily. It happened to me a couple of times yesterday and the difference between me playing well and me playing mediocre was huge in terms of dps.

But I know that Destruction single target with 7.1.5 is better than with 7.1 in terms of damage done.

For single target :

build - RB, ELT, DC, SH, BR, Service, CDF

- At roughly 5-6 seconds before pull Pre cast 2x Empowered Life Tap so I have 25 seconds uptime due to pandemic
    - Pre cast chaos bolt or 2x Incinerate
    - Immolate + Immolate for full duration pandemic
    - Conflag Conflag (because of Roaring Blaze)
    - Soul Harvest, Infernals/Doomguard, Grimoire Imp
    - CDF
    - 3x Rift
    - Conflag
    - 2x Chaos Bolt
    - CDF
    - Continue to keep up ELT and "normal rotation"

But rotations are not something static, you need to adapt to the situation. It comes down to much more than simply following a pre-determined pattern. Especially when it comes to mechanics.
    For example when I do mythic cenarius I don't instantly use infernal, but wait for the first forces of nightmare to spawn and then use infernal, Soul harvest. Since the fight is about 4-5 minutes you can use your doomguard later on in P3.

I am not sure yet whether Affli or Destro is better. All I know is that Destruction right now is harder to play because you can mess it up easily. It happened to me a couple of times yesterday and the difference between me playing well and me playing mediocre was huge in terms of dps.

But I know that Destruction single target with 7.1.5 is better than with 7.1 in terms of damage done.
    Thanks for you answer, i know the rotation cannot be static and change between bosses(with my old warrior main i always change the rotation if the situation require it). I think honestly affli would be top with the 4 pieces of tier in both single and aoe, a situation similar in hellfire but with better aoe burst.

Deleted
    you should cast your portals and pets before casting soul harvest since it doesn't affect them. Casting the 3 stacks of portals during soul harvest uptime ruins so much damage potential in your opener.

Deleted

I'm also hating the new feeling of destru ...

Sorry Bliz but having a gameplay revolved around a WA telling you to push a button every 20s is not FUN.
    It's just boring and painful.

I'm still playing BD because it's smoother and even with it I'm feeling that i can't spend my shard fast enough.
    The BD with stack is a good thing and helps a lot.

While simming my char it Eradication and ELT where almost at the same level, even in ST.
    My opinion : Eradication should be ahead in 2 targets fight because you are gonna swim in shard, spending most of you time casting CB and therefore not spending mana.
    Odyn talent statistics : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...958&dataset=95
    And the more you are gonna swim in shard, the more reverse entropy is becoming a dps increase.

The bad thing : ELT is the more consistent talent in all situation, other two are only good in cleave situation

Quote Originally Posted by pizakaka View Post
    you should cast your portals and pets before casting soul harvest since it doesn't affect them. Casting the 3 stacks of portals during soul harvest uptime ruins so much damage potential in your opener.
    Pets including portals are affected by soul harvest. You absolutely want to dump portal charges. The DPCT is higher than Chaos Bolt.

Deleted
    Increases your damage and your pets' damage by 20%. Lasts 15 sec, increased by 2 sec for each target afflicted by your Immolate, up to a maximum of 35 sec.

But you should cast pets before because they are gonna last for longer than the buff duration.

edited :

Opener should be :
    ELT pre-cast (at the start of dbm pull)
    ELT pre-cast to have 25s of ELT
    pre-pot
    cb
    immo
    conflag
    imp
    infernal/lof/doom guard
    soul harvest
    CDF
    dimensional rift
    (start normal rotation without wasting shards and spending all your charges of DR).
    Last edited by mmoc07bbc36aa1; 2017-01-12 at 03:05 PM.

I have to say I actually like the new changes and even with multiple errors and ELT being more off than on my ST DPS is much improved (which always help the like process!) and Ursoc mythic was really good too. I have 33% haste though so CB doesn't feel that slow to me. It will take some getting used to and ELT when your HP is low is far from ideal but still locks will probably be the last to die.

I haven't swapped to RB yet as like Gaidex it seemed too much to consider all especially as we were in mythic last night. Looking at logs BD is still the most common talent in the higher parses actually so maybe again in a real fight this is not as behind as people make out. Of course the 4 set may have something to say about this (or there's too much to do again and BD wins out).

My question. With now using SH I get the impression that Deadly Grace will shoot ahead again. Has anyone simmed this yet?

As others have already shown it does affect pet damage. What you are probably thinking of is ELT.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoServ and DG/LoF should be cast before SH since they will last for the whole SH duration anyway. CDF should be cast immediately after activating SH (or at the same time, with a macro) so that you can fit 2 CDFs within the SH. Haste can give you a bit of leeway.
    Last edited by Uzkin; 2017-01-12 at 02:36 PM.

As much as I don't enjoy the maintenance component of ELT - no longer using RE essentially solves that issue inherently. It's much better than MT that's for sure I'll just have to get used to it again but that'll be taken care of in the next day or so... Also, I have never been a fan of RB and have preferred BD.

I've had a pretty fun time the last couple days in raid and they're definitely noticeable. Also, using Norgannon's in raid since the update is very helpful towards movement (especially knockback effects that will cancel you automatically).

In regards to M+, BD/ELT/SF/SH/BR(DP)/GoServ/CDF is my preference. My groups typically have the AOE component taken care of so I don't feel that Cata/FnB is needed (running up through my experience +15). Having SH (*DS*) back and the splash damage from CDF is super nice... I am still pressing my havoc bind quite a bit though but the results from CDF seem to be greater. I feel as if its much more of a well-rounded build because we can have a lot more ST without losing too much AOE...

Anyway, just my experiences - hope everyone is enjoying themselves as well

Quote Originally Posted by kaley View Post
    As much as I don't enjoy the maintenance component of ELT - no longer using RE essentially solves that issue inherently. It's much better than MT that's for sure I'll just have to get used to it again but that'll be taken care of in the next day or so... Also, I have never been a fan of RB and have preferred BD.

I've had a pretty fun time the last couple days in raid and they're definitely noticeable. Also, using Norgannon's in raid since the update is very helpful towards movement (especially knockback effects that will cancel you automatically).

In regards to M+, BD/ELT/SF/SH/BR(DP)/GoServ/CDF is my preference. My groups typically have the AOE component taken care of so I don't feel that Cata/FnB is needed (running up through my experience +15). Having SH (*DS*) back and the splash damage from CDF is super nice... I am still pressing my havoc bind quite a bit though but the results from CDF seem to be greater. I feel as if its much more of a well-rounded build because we can have a lot more ST without losing too much AOE...

Anyway, just my experiences - hope everyone is enjoying themselves as well
    It's been my experience that my guild will usually try to cluster targets for cleave anyway. The only fight I've seen that's really benefitted a lot from havoc is the Odynn battle because the two targets are spread across the room. I'm also using Norgannons's now since my choice for 2nd legendary is that or the pillars and without BD I need that haste back (I have to admit the pillars are hilarious fun when you can insta-throw teleports and leap out in front of a warrior). When you're running through a high level M+ it is nice to have that extra movement boost. I used to pack FnB for added aoe in M+ but I may try your set up.