Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @traumabrew Shoulders pretty much always. Magistrikes only worth when you have constant cleave.

BD will help you get the CB's out faster, but if the lashers are dying before you can get a cast off I'm not sure what the problem is? Right now on live destro doesn't have amazing burst priority damage, if things die super fast you just don't have an opportunity to hit them and don't do much dmg to them. No ways around that.

If you aren't having a problem with those adds dying though, then I'm not sure what the issue is.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

@traumabrew From what you say I gather that lashers are not a problem in your raid. But why is anyone talking about the damagedistribtion on them when they are no problem? Are your officers not aware of possibilities and casttimes for casters? I play aff and on that fight there is no chance to get anything on those lashers they evaporate on heroic. Sometimes I don´t even get a corruption on the second lasher for my stacks. Besides tagging them I do nothing to kill those in heroic others can do that better and I do what a lock does best on that fight. Kill the boss. Especially on heroic you can play totally different from other bosses. Writhe/AC/STS/Effigy and go to town with shards. Especially in the last phase with seed.

Seems your problem is the same aff has in low m+ . Mobs dies before you get your first seed into them. So no chance to get aoe damage as aff in low m+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    I need some tips. On heroic Botanist (we are not a mythic team), some of my fellow raiders were dismayed with my low DPS on the lasher adds. The problem I have is that by the time I switch to the adds (using a target macro) and cast, the add dies. Frequently I watch my CB land just after the add dies. I am running RB and not BD. Also my raid has all DPS jump on the adds. There suggestion is to cast something other than CB. Immolate is senseless to cast on the adds, incinerate has the same issue of a cast and travel time and using my conflags on the adds screws up my boss DPS until I can get the rhythm back with immo and conflag buff. I always have WH up on one boss while DPS'ing the other so using conflag on adds doesnt let me have buffed immo. Would going BD instead of RB solve this issue? I have not ran BD at all this expansion as I find the management of immo and conflag buff more engaging.
    Don't swap to them if they're not an issue.

Best thing you could probably do if they do need swapping to is make sure you have a CB cast just before they spawn so you have the cast speed buff from tier active.

But seriously - if they're dying so far you can't get a cast off then that speaks volumes about how much you're needed on the adds - not sure why the raid is dismayed over low dps on them if they're a non-issue.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Don't swap to them if they're not an issue.

Best thing you could probably do if they do need swapping to is make sure you have a CB cast just before they spawn so you have the cast speed buff from tier active.

But seriously - if they're dying so far you can't get a cast off then that speaks volumes about how much you're needed on the adds - not sure why the raid is dismayed over low dps on them if they're a non-issue.
    Retard raid leaders and their ego, because, seemingly, our Destro friend here is "slacking", when the order is "all dps switch to adds". Which may not be needed, but hey, dps contribution must be checked and corrected.

Deleted
    Yup, I'm aff on that fight and I only put Corruption on them as I have the ring and sometimes people forget to switch or we end up with like 2 ranged and 6 melee :P.

@Chelly Its way too early to have mildly decent sims for this since they're typically not updated or are very half assedly done because massive changes happen every build and it would be asinine to try and keep up.

If I had to hazard a guess, mastery's value will increase a bit because of the 4p and I don't see why anything else would change.

So, how is everyone pulling nowadays on the PTR? Do you get up to five shards, activate SS, and then blow cooldowns in mass? It seems like a decent idea to me at least to follow this:

Prepull Incinerate
    Prepull Incinerate
    Prepull Immolate to land on 0
    Incinerate to 5 shards
    Soul Harvest
    Infernal
    Grimserv
    Portal x3
    Conflagrate
    Chaos Bolt until out of shards
    Resume normal rotation

Would this be the best way?

Deleted
    You need to cast Infernal / Grim serv before soul Harvest since they last longer than it.
    And maybe it's worth waiting 5/6 seconds to gain more shard before using it.

Also it may be worth to us it earlier if you have the concordance :/

Portal use also depends on Legendaries. You never want to proc all 3 at the same time when you have the Shoulders, instead spreading their use for the damage buff. Generally you want to keep one stack in all situations in case of movement, of which there will be a lot in Tomb.

With all the talent changes, what is going to be the go to set up for ST and AOE?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they will ever fix the artifact trait Eternal Struggle so that it's not completely useless for Reverse Entropy destruction...

Are there any other class-spec-talent build combinations in the game that have to suffer from a literally useless 4-point artifact trait?
    Last edited by Uzkin; 2017-06-12 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    I wonder if they will ever fix the artifact trait Eternal Struggle so that it's not completely useless for Reverse Entropy destruction...

Are there any other class-spec-talent build combinations in the game that have to suffer from a literally useless 4-point artifact trait?
    You could be an sp and have two entirely useless gold traits.
    Resident BM Asshole

Well, you CAN still Life Tap while you have Reverse Entropy so it's not technically useless.

And I'm not gonna go combing through artifacts for traits that technically do things but are actually pretty much useless, but the answer is obviously yes. Like, off the top of my head (since I've been playing some alts lately) WW monks have that Touch of Death cooldown reduction trait which is completely useless in meaningful content.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Well, you CAN still Life Tap while you have Reverse Entropy so it's not technically useless.
    You'd have to take enough damage to kill you to make that worthwhile, which would make you dead.

The trait would be perfect if it gave a small amount of leech instead of damage reduction. You'd basically get leech to combat life tapping, and the less you life tap the less you need that leech all the way down to RE not giving you any leech and you not needing to recoup damage you did to yourself.

Ahwel though, its one of our useless traits. The other being far more egregious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You'd have to take enough damage to kill you to make that worthwhile, which would make you dead.

The trait would be perfect if it gave a small amount of leech instead of damage reduction. You'd basically get leech to combat life tapping, and the less you life tap the less you need that leech all the way down to RE not giving you any leech and you not needing to recoup damage you did to yourself.

Ahwel though, its one of our useless traits. The other being far more egregious to me.
    Cry Havoc ;(.

Lord of Flames is a powerful trait, but horrible to use with both grimoire of supremacy or sindorei's.

Demo artifact by far has the best trait setup. The closest to a useless trait is the buff trait to demonwrath since demonwrath is such a pathetic spell.

But demo trades good traits for being a mess of a spec, while destro has shit traits but is far more cohesive as a spec with a defined set of strengths (demo isn't even that far ahead in ST of affliction or maybe even destro to justify its abysmal cleave and aoe on top of being the longest ramp up spec in the game with the crappiest target switching capacity).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    You could be an sp and have two entirely useless gold traits.
    Lets see... The spriest gold traits are Mass Hysteria, Call to the Void, Sphere of Insanity, and Lash of Insanity. Browsing through some ptr spriest parses I could see Call to the Void and Sphere of Insanity dealing some damage, Mass Hysteria buffing SWP and VT, and Lash of Insanity generating insanity. Therefore, none of the spriest gold traits are COMPLETELY useless in contrast to RE destro warlock's Eternal Struggle which is a LITERALLY useless trait (literally no benefit at all, ever).

I would ask you to try again, but this is a destro warlock thread and you'd probably just QQ about some weak (but not literally useless) spriest traits, so bugger off to spriest forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post

And I'm not gonna go combing through artifacts for traits that technically do things but are actually pretty much useless, but the answer is obviously yes. Like, off the top of my head (since I've been playing some alts lately) WW monks have that Touch of Death cooldown reduction trait which is completely useless in meaningful content.
    Wrong, Eternal Struggle is still useless for RE destro (see Bacon's post). WW monk's Death Art, on the other hand, isn't a useless trait. If I play on WW monk for an afternoon, doing myth+s, WQs, pug some raids, ... I get benefit from the trait on multiple occasions. But if I do the same as RE destro I get ZERO benefit from the trait during that same afternoon, not a single occasion where I get any benefit at all from the trait.
    Last edited by Uzkin; 2017-06-13 at 06:30 AM.

im wondering where this guide will be updated....

Deleted
    Wrong, Eternal Struggle is still useless for RE destro (see Bacon's post). WW monk's Death Art, on the other hand, isn't a useless trait. If I play on WW monk for an afternoon, doing myth+s, WQs, pug some raids, ... I get benefit from the trait on multiple occasions. But if I do the same as RE destro I get ZERO benefit from the trait during that same afternoon, not a single occasion where I get any benefit at all from the trait.
    Well, given that there is quite some "aoe" healing going on in raids anyway (hots rolling, aoe healing, etc.) so the amount of health you lose through tapping, is probably immediately healed back. AND then you have the damage reduction for the next incoming damage. Admittedly, it was much much better how it originally launched (i think it was 10% or more reduced damage and for longer), but it had to go because of PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dendaros View Post
    im wondering where this guide will be updated....
    Probably in the 1st post

Assuming you meant "when" instead of "where": It usually takes some time because the people writing these guides usually raid in progress guilds and they have other things to do than update it when a new raid launches.

Deleted
    With the last sims, i get the best ST with :
    0/1/x/2/x/1/1 and Lessons of Space-Time + sindorei (no feretory)
    But when testing the different talent / leg build, there wasn't any really big difference : somethings like 3k / 4k dps.
    => Feretory + soul conduit will still produce the biggest logs thanks to RNG.

First row :
    Backdraft will remain the best talent
    Shadow burn : is still a dead talent
    RB : didn't really make sims with it, maybe for cleave since we won't have a 100% havoc ?

Second row :
    ELT will remain the best talent outside ST / cleave fight.
    Era will remain the best talent for ST.
    The biggest problem with reverse entropy is that you cannot life tap will moving.

Fouth row :
    F&B for heavy AoE
    Cata may be good if AoE burst is needed every ~30s but won't be really good versus F&B in terms of shard generation
    SH : for ST / cleave.
    For Burst AoE SH might also be good if we doesn't have the time to generate enough shard with F&B : immolate all the target => SH (with 4 targets it's a +20 seconds duration).

Sixth row : service, service and more service
    Sacrifice for heavy AoE

Last row :
    Havoc : cleave situation
    CDF : ST with burst AoE, ST
    Soul conduit : heavy AoE, ST

Stats weight didn't seems to change for me (haste above 30%, then a mix of all stats).
    Last edited by mmoc07bbc36aa1; 2017-06-13 at 11:48 AM.

For anyone needing a bits WA, this works well:

https://wago.io/4kxfS3qRG