Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense for it to drop off an Eredar mob, but I'm leaning more towards an Interactable object in the world.
    The item has some decent resemblance with junk looted from treasures - Either that or it's just as simple as Surveying the demonic Archaeology sites.
    I got my money on it being from Archaeology.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulblaka View Post
    No one has any experiences, we're just trying to get the skull to give us a hint for the hidden appearance, but there isn't anything yet, closest we got is the velen quote, but even then it might just be for flavor and have no relation to the skin.

People are going for eredar bosses because of their possible relation with thal'kiel (specifically archimonde and kil'jaeden) but none of us actually know if this is the way to get it, all of it is speculation.

So far I've tried with both archimondes, kil'jaeden, hfc, bc malaadar, auchindoun, kanrethad, kazzak and ran around elodor/karabor/shattrath. Still nothing
    I'm really hoping they are gonna give us something else to work with when we unlock more lore with our class halls.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a back and forth between me voidwalker and thal'kiel in Val"Sharah.

Thal: Here in the forest you'll see the flaw in the titans plans.

VW: I hate this place! Free me from the torment of this journey!
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!

Deleted
    I was wondering if maybe it is a hidden requirement to kill the ones responsible for Thal'kiels death. according to some of his text when interacting with certain npc's it very well could be a piece of the puzzle.
    I also wonder if completing the order hall is a requirement to get this drop.
    I even think it could be a mission on the order hall table?
    So many possibilities, I better get ticking some boxes with trial and error. I will report back soon!

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Slure;42243997]I'm really hoping they are gonna give us something else to work with when we unlock more lore with our class halls.

I read the whole story on Wowhead, if you do a bit of searching you can find it too!

So, I found this /item=138849/demonic-logbook-on-thalkiel (can't post links, but look it up on wowhead) which I guess starts the quest to get it.

No idea where it might drop thought.

Deleted
    I went to a place called 'Felscale Cavern' in Stormheim because of a quest related to the campaign. There are some Felsoul Magus (eredar) in there but they have a slow respawn and so far they have not dropped anything of worth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulblaka View Post
    So, I found this /item=138849/demonic-logbook-on-thalkiel (can't post links, but look it up on wowhead) which I guess starts the quest to get it.

No idea where it might drop thought.
    Isnt that the item that starts the artifact quest, as in the one you get from calydus?

Deleted
    While it would make total sence for archimonde, kil'jaeden etc to drop the item, I dont think blizzard would put it in past expansion content

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    While it would make total sence for archimonde, kil'jaeden etc to drop the item, I dont think blizzard would put it in past expansion content
    Are there any already-confirmed hidden appearances for any spec that drop outside of Legion content ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Are there any already-confirmed hidden appearances for any spec that drop outside of Legion content ?
    Disc priest requires going to Northrend, Scholo, and Kara. But I think that is the only one so far.

Deleted
    Yes that would be the only one so far and still you get many drops (you have to collect 12 tomes or smthing like that) from legion content. The problem is that many artifact skins seem to drop from irrelevant sources lore wise. If i have to bet on something i would say Felsoul Hold..since you go there during the artifact quest, there are many eredar around and also many hidden artifact skins are located in Suramar.

Edit: Check the comments here : http://www.wowhead.com/item=139576/v...kener#comments

there is some intresting stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-09-09 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Edit: On wowhead at the page for the demonology warlock artifact it says this: "Thal'kiel's Visage: Unlocked via Visage of the First Wakener, 100 dungeons using hidden artifact appearance, 200 world quests using hidden artifact appearance, kill 1,000 players using a hidden artifact appearance" (http://www.wowhead.com/guides/artifa...nology-warlock)

no clue..
    The part about the 100/200/1000 is just referring to what you need to do to unlock the other 3 colors once you've unlocked the hidden appearance. I just got the destro staff appearance last night and it has the same requirements to unlock the other 3 colors.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    The part about the 100/200/1000 is just referring to what you need to do to unlock the other 3 colors once you've unlocked the hidden appearance. I just got the destro staff appearance last night and it has the same requirements to unlock the other 3 colors.
    ah good to know, thank you. that cleared some confusion. And gz for the drop!

Thoughts based on the sound bit where Thal'kiel reminisces about the days of having skin, I suspect looting one of the heads initiates this RP or something that reminds him of what he looked liked.

I assume the actual Visage that learns the skin is the one he states is perfect ..and you "give it to him immediately" by learning it... since there is no 'Perfect Eredar Head' or 'Acceptable Eredar Head'.

VO_703_Thalkiel_01_M
    "You know, I've been rather missing having some skin on my bones. Maybe there is something we can do about that..."
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140661/damaged-eredar-head

VO_703_Thalkiel_02_M
    "No, Lower cast. Won't do at all"
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140662/deformed-eredar-head

VO_703_Thalkiel_11_M
    "No no no, wrong skin colour entirely. That won't do..."
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140663/m...ed-eredar-head

VO_703_Thalkiel_12_M
    "Ewww, that head reminds me of an upety apprentice I had. Get rid of it!"
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140664/d...nt-eredar-head

VO_703_Thalkiel_03_M
    "Not bad, Not bad! Green eyes though, mine were gray"
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140665/n...ry-eredar-head

VO_703_Thalkiel_13_M
    "That's it! that's the one! Give it to me immediately!!"
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139576/v...-first-wakener

Honestly I'd almost guest based on those clips it's some kind of scenario actually, but I feel like that would have been datamined.

I got really excited to find out that Daio the Decrepit was level 110 only to find out that he is now a part of the mage artifact quest.

I've been looking back at some of the old class quest npcs to see if anything could come up through that but noithing yet.

I strongly believe the initial steps for starting the hidden chain is playing a game of hot and cold with thalkiel , basically draggin him around some zones ( most probably in the broken isles ) and looking around in every cave etc.

Now I'm not sure what pet interactions with thalkiel mean but theoretically speaking what if some demons will interact with thalkiel and give us clues that we must piece together, and I'm not saying simply our demons, there are a lot of demons scattered across the continent.

Another thing on my mind is, are eredar supplicants humanoids or demons ? I can't seem to remember, but if they are demons has anyone tried to enslave one and see how it interacts with thalkiel ?

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I strongly believe the initial steps for starting the hidden chain is playing a game of hot and cold with thalkiel , basically draggin him around some zones ( most probably in the broken isles ) and looking around in every cave etc.

Now I'm not sure what pet interactions with thalkiel mean but theoretically speaking what if some demons will interact with thalkiel and give us clues that we must piece together, and I'm not saying simply our demons, there are a lot of demons scattered across the continent.

Another thing on my mind is, are eredar supplicants humanoids or demons ? I can't seem to remember, but if they are demons has anyone tried to enslave one and see how it interacts with thalkiel ?
    So I've been playing with the Supplicants in Faronaar, chain enslaving them, banishing them, doing miscellaneous things with them. So far the only thing of note is that at one point when I enslaved a Supplicant Thal'kiel yelled "Yes! This one will serve us well!" which I think is just from me casting enslave.

At a certain point I also wonder if some of these will only drop from patch content

My guess is it's not available yet like a lot of them.

Thal'kiel whispers: This Xavius is crafty. He hides his true form while gathering power with an illusion. We would do well to learn from him.

Just said this to me as well