Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry "Mounting Made Easy".

Yeah, right.

Seriously?

Whoever came up with this abject quest is now invited to go fuck themselves.

Having just completed it, I'd like to tell anyone going for this mount to prepare themselves. It's an absolute horror show.

It's not "challenging", and it sure as hell isn't fun or compelling. It's a half-hour exercise in hair-pulling frustration where, each time you complete a section you think couldn't get any worse, another section comes along that shoves the previous title-holder into second place. I'm so traumatized, that I suspect this mount will forever stay in my bags; seeing it again brings me out in cold sweats.

Breathe...

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Yeah, right.

Seriously?

Whoever came up with this abject quest is now invited to go fuck themselves.

Having just completed it, I'd like to tell anyone going for this mount to prepare themselves. It's an absolute horror show.

It's not "challenging", and it sure as hell isn't fun or compelling. It's a half-hour exercise in hair-pulling frustration where, each time you complete a section you think couldn't get any worse, another section comes along that shoves the previous title-holder into second place. I'm so traumatized, that I suspect this mount will forever stay in my bags; seeing it again brings me out in cold sweats.

Breathe...
    My blood pressure went up just reading this.. Stay strong, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea of what you're talking about, a little context might not hurt this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I have no idea of what you're talking about, a little context might not hurt this post.
    a quick google search is quite illuminating. As it stands the OP is quite spoiler free too.

just done it, and i can say this quest is THE worst quest in wow (even taking into account old quests from vanilla).

Its not fun, its not interesting, doesnt hold any story, isnt challenging, doesnt teach you anything. Its SPECIFICALLY made to be completed after many deaths/lash interrupts, cause no sane human can predict that this stupid animal would suddenly jump there or here. Jumping from high mountains? pray to rngesus that you survive.

thank god it has waypoints. I wasted one hour on this and it instantly made me hate legion (ofc it will pass, just at the moment i was really mad).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I don't wish to spoil the content for people, so this is the link to the information you're after.

It's good to know that all my mental faculties didn't depart after this HORRIBLE quest.

Didnt find it too bad, theres a couple of spots that you cant predict and will need to learn but just make sure you have the barding and the fighters chow food and its pretty simple, just not the most interesting thing ever.

Yeah, horrible quest.

Deleted
    I have it in my quest log, read up on it on wowhead. Will attempt later when I have less stuff to do that is actually fun.

it cant be worse than that fucking stupid quest with the owlcat who refuses to go past the fucking bridge

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    it cant be worse than that fucking stupid quest with the owlcat who refuses to go past the fucking bridge
    Glad i'm not the only one who hates that quest too. Especially the next part where you have to get them to the bigger owlcat. It's annoying as shit.

OT: I also hate this quest, I recently got it and I personally refuse to do it. It'd be nice to have the mount but i'd rather farm older raids for mounts that i'll never get than do this. It's just insanely stupid, I quit after 5 minutes of doing it. Maybe I wouldn't mind doing it for 10-15 minutes but following something for that long is just not something I want to do. I'd rather do my questing in Suramar and my world quests. I'm having a ton of fun with this expansion but I really don't like this quest. It'd probably be a good idea to voice our concerns with this quest on the blizzard forums though.

Should take the advice the pandaren gave you in MoP. Sloooooow doooown. Just walk up to the owlcat instead of running at it like a madman. It works better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough, I had no problems with that quest whatsoever - most others seemed to really struggle with it in chat, though.

I have just completed this quest and will forever be traumatised by it. I have been playing this game for 7-8 years now and nothing has ever left me so furious.
    The bitterness of the feeling it gave me is etched so dominantly into my memory that I cannot remember any bad thing about the game from the past.

I am hoping that the one who had made/designed it will one day wake up to be stripped of his/her ability/inspiration to ever conduct Game Design.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613351727

This quest was brilliant, it was like being trolled by a game developer. I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If cancer was given an interactive form, this quest would be it.

There's quests that are supposed to be challenging, and then there's quests that show complete
    and utter incompetence. And all for a moose mount that is already a skin copy of another mount.
    Its not even a unique mount.

Go fuck yourself Blizzard.

The waterfall part is so annoying. You need perfect timing or you will die/leash breaks by a yard or whatever. I've died/failed so many times there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    This quest was brilliant, it was like being trolled by a game developer. I loved it.
    +1, it was great fun and not hard. Sometimes quests require you to prepare and not tunnelvision things

I had a lot of fun with this. I loved the way your target tries to screw you over.

Besides, you get checkpoints. It's not like you have to do the whole thing over and over again.

Deleted
    I liked it. Makes the mount feel more special than just learning it from a trainer for 50g.