Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    wow wow wow wow. Mine looks like that now. So the Artifact shouldnt be completely full after the reset?
    Wait,... so you expected to have it full after the reset?

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Completely full? That will take a couple months. The only thing you gain from doing the reset route is that you have a2a early on.
    while losing out a bit on other traits...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Completely full? That will take a couple months. The only thing you gain from doing the reset route is that you have a2a early on.
    Yeah i thought i filled the whole thing. Phew pleased i havent wasted my time after all..

Deleted
    wow wow wow wow. Mine looks like that now. So the Artifact shouldnt be completely full after the reset?
    I think I don´t even want to know what your reasoning here was... are you UKIP and leave voter?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Wait,... so you expected to have it full after the reset?
    Haha yes, i was always under the impression thats what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    I think I don´t even want to know what your reasoning here was... are you UKIP and leave voter?
    I was a leave but not Ukip

Deleted
    I was a leave but not Ukip
    ok just questioning your sanity. verdict: bad shape but not totally hopeless :P

Deleted
    Haha yes, i was always under the impression thats what happened.
    The funny thing here is; level 23 alone will cost almost just as much (64400AP) all your talents up to rank 18 costed together (66470).
    Your next trait already costs 24000...

Filling all the basic ones out cost almost 4 million; if you find a way how to turn 66k into 3970k i'm all ears.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-09-21 at 12:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The funny thing here is; level 23 alone will cost almost just as much (64400AP) all your talents up to rank 18 costed together (66470).
    Your next trait already costs 24000...

Filling all the basic ones out cost almost 4 million; if you find a way how to turn 66k into 3970k i'm all ears.
    Yeah 24k was the next one, my eyes nearly popped out. I thought I had been ripped off

So many people seem not to understand why this is the optimal route. The whole idea is saving the worst traits for last. Those traits will cost a crap ton and take months before you have them, it's preferable to have them be the ones you don't really want. The problem with ashbringer, is to get to A2A quickly, you have to go thru a bunch of traits that would be much better suited to save for last. But you want A2A quickly because its powerful and helps leveling/gearing up/etc. So you go straight to A2A through the crap talents so you can take advantage of A2A. Then you bank 67k AP and respec your weapon for only 625 AP (cause respec cost is based on the # of traits purchased). You then avoid the crap traits and take the long way to A2A. Now, you've never gone without A2A AND you get to save those crap traits for last, at the measly cost of only 625 AP and having to wait a little bit longer to get a few other traits at once rather one by one. If you go the short route to A2A, and don't do the bank and reset, you end up having to wait a long time for your last golden dragon trait, as it will be one of your last traits, instead of the crap on the short route to A2A.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Now, you've never gone without A2A
    It's not worth it. I was doing just fine without A2A during leveling and the prebreak before raids. No class has any reason to respec their artifact.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It's not worth it. I was doing just fine without A2A during leveling and the prebreak before raids. No class has any reason to respec their artifact.
    You can do w/e u want if you're only concerned with doing "just fine". A2A makes the leveling experience way faster. Going without it is "just fine", but certainly not optimal. For 625 AP, u don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    You can do w/e u want if you're only concerned with doing "just fine". A2A makes the leveling experience way faster. Going without it is "just fine", but certainly not optimal. For 625 AP, u don't have to.
    A marginal effect. I ran through the leveling experience just as quick without the A2A. It's preference, not optimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't research anything about AP so I started putting points in and got to the ashbringer copy ability one. Then I looked it up and realized that I was supposed to go for Ashes to Ashes, so I reset for 14k, and then spent like 12 hours farming AP and got to Ashes to Ashes.

to be honest, i just took the long route to a2a, it wasn't that long, i didnt want to waste anything on a stupid reset! it cost too much at the time

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's preference, not optimal.
    No it's optimal, the numbers have been run and doing it that way gives a better result, hence why guides recommend it and players who care about playing optimally use the method.

I went the short route first, and saved up for the long route. Took me a week and a half in total to get the 67k AP needed. After respeccing my dps got a nice boost so I'm very happy about doing this.

AoA is too valuable an ability to skip until you go the long way around.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No it's optimal, the numbers have been run and doing it that way gives a better result, hence why guides recommend it and players who care about playing optimally use the method.
    It's synonymous to leveling optimally, it's not necessary.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's synonymous to leveling optimally, it's not necessary.
    Well no it's not necessary but then neither is enchanting/gemming your gear or using flasks in raid. You don't have to do it, but if you deliberately choose not to you're choosing to make your character worse for "reasons".

When everyone got to 110 and we started running mythics it was almost comical by how much I beat the ret who had gone the long way, I was virtually carrying him.

Alright I think I have screwed the pooch a bit here folks. I went the short route to get AtA and then started spending AP on traits for the 'long route' towards Echo... It has now occurred to me that this is a very bad idea as it will cost an absolute fortune to get to the other golden traits with the exponential cost of new traits (correct?).

What to do? Is the cost of a respec subtracted from the artifact power I have already spent or the power I have banked on my wep atm? Will I lose all my AP that I currently have spent on my wep or is it refunded minus the cost of the respec? Not at home atm so cant check in game. Really confused about how the cost of the respec is calculated/paid out/AP refunded etc.

I went short route, then saved up and re-speced, and it was worth it from PvP pov even more than from PvE.

While i was lvling/doing wquests @ early stage A2A was amazing soloing Elite Grp quest mobs by pooling 5 Hp -> Hoj -> JV -> A2A -> JV, long route simply can not beat the on demand burst on those elite mobs and self healing u get from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorph View Post
    Alright I think I have screwed the pooch a bit here folks. I went the short route to get AtA and then started spending AP on traits for the 'long route' towards Echo... It has now occurred to me that this is a very bad idea as it will cost an absolute fortune to get to the other golden traits with the exponential cost of new traits (correct?).

What to do? Is the cost of a respec subtracted from the artifact power I have already spent or the power I have banked on my wep atm? Will I lose all my AP that I currently have spent on my wep or is it refunded minus the cost of the respec? Not at home atm so cant check in game. Really confused about how the cost of the respec is calculated/paid out/AP refunded etc.
    The respec costs you how much your next trait would cost, you get back all ap you have already spent.