Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A libertarian who doesn't give a shit about foreign affairs?! How dare he!
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    To be honest, I don't see it affecting him. Any news helps him at this point. People who support Libertarian economic policies don't understand real world economics, so I don't expect that they'll understand what the hubbub is about foreign policies and understanding key players / key cities either.
    "This guy who wants to command out military doesn't know about this city that is the focal point of the Syrian Civil War and has been covered nigh weekly on most major news networks for years..."

Yeah, tons of people will love that.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    My thought is, most people never heard of Aleppo but will make fun of GJ for not knowing either. I mean take yourself for instance you couldn't get the name right in your own post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "This guy who wants to command out military doesn't know about this city that is the focal point of the Syrian Civil War and has been covered nigh weekly on most major news networks for years..."

He does know about it. According to him, he was thinking of an acronym. But whether or not you buy that is irrelevant; presidents don't need to be experts on all topics, they just need to have access to experts and then act as arbitrators. Sparingly few presidents have actually been good generals.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

In a race which the two leading candidates have monstrously huge negatives? I think most people would much prefer "doesn't know the name of a city" versus "extremely careless with classified information" and "finger on the nuclear button!".
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    He does know about it. According to him, he was thinking of an acronym. But whether or not you buy that is irrelevant; presidents don't need to be experts on all topics, they just need to have access to experts and then act as arbitrators. Sparingly few presidents have actually been good generals.
    Exactly, they need to be a good leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this making the rounds and thought: who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I saw this making the rounds and thought: who cares?
    Must be a slow news day on Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone actually expect Johnson to be qualified to be president?

Or Jill Stein for that matter?

Third party candidates generally get a combination of ideologues who can't stomach voting for main party candidates and the very small chunk of people who actually line up to their ideals.

As mentioned before Libertarian-ism is mostly a domestic platform -- I would suspect this is hardly the only area in international affairs where Johnson has a weak spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt object to libertarinaism as much if they went for offices where their domestic policies would shine. local, state offices primarily, with some in COngress (but not on Foreign Affairs committees).

Going straight for President only strikes me as just being stupid from a party perspective, since the Presidency is heavy on foreign relations.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The media is always amazed when they find out people don't spend their entire existence watching and reading them. I don't know, maybe the guy doesn't have a lot of time for TV right now? He clearly was aware of the Syrian war; he just didn't know the name of the capital. This isn't really a big deal. Dude has no chance anyway. Just sayin...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I wouldnt object to libertarinaism as much if they went for offices where their domestic policies would shine. local, state offices primarily, with some in COngress (but not on Foreign Affairs committees).

Going straight for President only strikes me as just being stupid from a party perspective, since the Presidency is heavy on foreign relations.
    Are you under the impression Gary Johnson is the only one running as a Libertarian this election? I don't even...what?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what the story is here. So he forgot. It isn't like Hillary forgetting Benghazi or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The media is always amazed when they find out people don't spend their entire existence watching and reading them. I don't know, maybe the guy doesn't have a lot of time for TV right now? He clearly was aware of the Syrian war; he just didn't know the name of the capital. This isn't really a big deal. Dude has no chance anyway. Just sayin...

- - - Updated - - -

Are you under the impression Gary Johnson is the only one running as a Libertarian this election? I don't even...what?
    well in my area, libertarians are like...0. Its always either D or R at city, county or state level.
    LOOKED IT UP. tHERE ARE SOME CANDIDATES, BUT i NEVER SEE THEM ON THE BALLOT AND iVE NEVER SEEN ANY CAMPAIGN SIGNS, OR COMMERCIALS, OR ANY KIND OF ADVERTISING WHATSOEVER.

sorry caps lock halfway through that
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-09-08 at 06:38 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

Third party candidates generally get a combination of ideologues who can't stomach voting for main party candidates and the very small chunk of people who actually line up to their ideals.

As mentioned before Libertarian-ism is mostly a domestic platform -- I would suspect this is hardly the only area in international affairs where Johnson has a weak spot.
    Uh, yes. He was my governor for a good time, and did a fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    well in my area, libertarians are like...0. Its always either D or R at city, county or state level.
    LOOKED IT UP. tHERE ARE SOME CANDIDATES, BUT i NEVER SEE THEM ON THE BALLOT AND iVE NEVER SEEN ANY CAMPAIGN SIGNS, OR COMMERCIALS, OR ANY KIND OF ADVERTISING WHATSOEVER.

sorry caps lock halfway through that
    I have voted for many Libertarians in my life. I actually sort of collect third party votes. I have voted for about 13 different parties over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

Well, considering the current president is the least qualified in history, I don't see how you could say that. The overwhelming majority of presidents in US history are former governors. Johnson and Weld are both former governors. I don't know what you are on about with the qualified bit. Stop falling for media games rofl.

Deleted
    Enjoying that people in this thread are spelling Aleppo wrong.

First thought : typical American.

Second thought : Anyone who takes Gary Johnson seriously is a complete fucking moron.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

Second thought : Anyone who takes Gary Johnson seriously is a complete fucking moron.
    "C'mon guys, it A-L-E-P-P-O. I watched a documentary on Vice before it was cool."

It's spelled: Backwater fuck hole that is irrelevant were it not slaughtering the citizenry. Life is not a spelling bee dude. Get over yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's spelled: Backwater fuck hole that is irrelevant were it not slaughtering the citizenry. Life is not a spelling bee dude. Get over yourself.
    Its a thread about that twat Johnson not knowing where Aleppo is and the OP spelt Aleppo wrong. Relax.

Its a thread about that twat Johnson not knowing where Aleppo is and the OP spelt Aleppo wrong. Relax.
    Likewise. So someone spelled it wrong, who cares? Why did you come in to the thread if you are just going to nation bash and be a spelling nazi? What does that add to the discussion?

Gary Johnson is not an appealing candidate, as evidenced by his polling numbers. Saying so doesn't make you a brilliant and insightful person. Just sayin...