Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Microsoft is even more restrictive in what they allow on their console environment. If you think they'll allow full mod access, you're sorely mistaken.
    Not sure how thats possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Because they require every patch to be certified by them, to the tune of $40k USD. And forcing MMOs that wanted to be on the system to turn away because they wouldn't allow them to run their own servers and patch content on their own, etc. If what you say is true, it would be literally the first time since XBL started 15 years ago, so color me skeptical. MAYBE they allow some sort of pre-approved mod pack to be certified, but I don't see them allowing full mod access and development at any time like you're thinking.
    You are being skeptical, you're just plain wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Allowing mods on a console is a clusterfuck of legal issues when the first yaoi is downloaded by an horny 13y old.
    Hows that much different than a 13 year old doing in on a pc?

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thank god for Jim...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Thank god for Jim...
    Ya imo his video sums it up quite well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm well this is a thing....

Farming Simulator 17 Will Allow Mod Support On Xbox One & PS4
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...One---PS4.html
    In the wake of a few controversial decisions from Sony that are blocking Bethesda from allowing mods on the PS4 versions of Fallout 4 and Skyrim: Special Edition, it looks like an unlikely contender is managing to bypass Sony's strict modding rules... and that happens to be Farming Simulator 17.

In a tweet from the game's official account, the developers reveal that mods will be supported on both consoles when the game launches in October:

Just to confirm: #FarmingSimulator17 mod support on both #XboxOne AND #PS4 will be available when the game comes out.

— Farming Simulator (@farmingsim) September 12, 2016
    That must be a slap in the face for Bethesda.

Farming Simulator 17 releases October 25th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is...ummm...strange. lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Hows that much different than a 13 year old doing in on a pc?
    Oh well that's quite an easy question you have there. You see, the children at the PC well...

That ain't a Sony problem.
    Last edited by mmoc00230c3bbe; 2016-09-13 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That is...ummm...strange. lol
    Ya now I would really like to know the details of the mod support issue. Since it seems Farming Sim of all games will have it but Skyrim won't.

Ya now I would really like to know the details of the mod support issue. Since it seems Farming Sim of all games will have it but Skyrim won't.
    Bethesda has a shoddy history of supporting Sony systems. If other games have mod support on PS4, which is what this is saying I think the blame is falling on them and they released this statement to put the heat on Sony before that farming sim news dropped.

All Bethesda games to this day are literally unplayable on PS3 once your save file gets big enough. We all know how buggy Bethesda games are in general but their coding on Sony systems has always been even more laughable then it is on PC and Xbox systems. Sony could be blocking the mods because they tested them and they make the game run like absolute dog shit, and Bethesda isn't willing to fix it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-09-12 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    We all know how buggy Bethesda games are in general but their coding on Sony systems has always been even more feature rich then it is on PC and Xbox systems.
    Fixed that for you. Remember, with Bethesda it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Bethesda has a shoddy history of supporting Sony systems. If other games have mod support on PS4, which is what this is saying I think the blame is falling on them and they released this statement to put the heat on Sony before that farming sim news dropped.

All Bethesda games to this day are literally unplayable on PS3 once your save file gets big enough. We all know how buggy Bethesda games are in general but their coding on Sony systems has always been even more laughable then it is on PC and Xbox systems. Sony could be blocking the mods because they tested them and they make the game run like absolute dog shit, and Bethesda isn't willing to fix it.
    Ya that's how its starting to look and if its the case then fuck Bethesda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fixed that for you. Remember, with Bethesda it's not a bug, it's a feature.
    Right LOL.

If all Sony wanted was quality control I see nothing wrong with that, I also wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda didn't want to provide it. As much as I like some of Bethesda's games they are a shoot and forget company.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-12 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Oh well that's quite an easy question you have there. You see, the children at he PC well...

That ain't a Sony problem.
    Not sure you answered the question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not sure you answered the question.
    Quite sure you understood the answer. Not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would side with the devs in terms of policies, but in this case... since Farming Sim gets mod support (really farming sim?), I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda just plain out are incompetent and needed something to blame. After all technically Sony would be the one to block it, but the root cause would be Bethesda's incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Normally I would side with the devs in terms of policies, but in this case... since Farming Sim gets mod support (really farming sim?), I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda just plain out are incompetent and needed something to blame. After all technically Sony would be the one to block it, but the root cause would be Bethesda's incompetence.
    That's how I feel about it, I think Bethesda threw Sony under the bus to look good. Incoming issues with getting any games from Bethesda on a Playstation console now

That's how I feel about it, I think Bethesda threw Sony under the bus to look good. Incoming issues with getting any games from Bethesda on a Playstation console now
    I highly doubt it. Why would it be harder for mods to work on the ps. Aside from psn being a fuckery to for mod uploads which would still be sonys fault i dont see an issue.

talks pretty well about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBAGPw3h4JI
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2016-09-14 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I highly doubt it. Why would it be harder for mods to work on the ps. Aside from psn being a fuckery to for mod uploads which would still be sonys fault i dont see an issue.
    Ask Bethesda since there games run worse on Sony systems. Maybe Sony wanted some quality control and Bethesda wouldn't provide it (like they should).

The fact remains that farming sim is getting mods but Skyrim/Fallout 4 isn't. the only difference between the two is the company's who make those games. So what can FS do that Fallout/Skyrim can't?

Ask Bethesda since there games run worse on Sony systems. Maybe Sony wanted some quality control and Bethesda wouldn't provide it (like they should).

The fact remains that farming sim is getting mods but Skyrim/Fallout 4 isn't. the only difference between the two is the company's who make those games. So what can FS do that Fallout/Skyrim can't?
    If what i hear is correct they want a percentage for every patch or update or mod pushed.

If what i hear is correct they want a percentage for every patch or update or mod pushed.
    If true then fuck Sony but until something comes of it then its rumor at best. Both company's (Sony/MS) already get paided for patch's and that isn't anything new.

Even if true how can a company behind a game like FS fund it but Bethesda can't.

IMO the fact that FS is getting mods just makes Bethesda look like they tried to throw Sony under the bus when good chance they are at fault.

I go back to my original question.

What can the company behind FS do that Bethesda can't.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-14 at 02:37 AM.

Even if true how can a company behind a game like FS fund it but Bethesda can't.
    A percentage of FS and a percentage of fallout and skyrim are 2 different ballparks. And id bet sony jacked up the cut cus they know bethesda games will rake it in.

A percentage of FS and a percentage of fallout and skyrim are 2 different ballparks. And id bet sony jacked up the cut cus they know bethesda games will rake it in.
    Your post is a opinion, Do you got any data to back up such statements. Because last posted (From what I remember) Devs and indie devs pay the same amount for patch's and so on.

Now back to my original question....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-14 at 04:23 AM.