Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

See mythic + is only guild content

To many salty emo pve kids who are so toxic that they can't bare to finish a mythic and they leave and destroy a whole group. anyone else had experience with this? just broke level 4 keystone because healer decided its okay to leave on trash because of 1 wipe in arcway after 15 minutes.. what the fuck is this community in pve it's so trashy the attitudes the elitism is mind boggling and disgusting. This guy linked curves for heroic as best achies before we went in and he has the balls to think hes pro
    Last edited by mmoc0e3e295a69; 2016-09-21 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with guild, problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    That was the intention of the post, its a head up really don't bother wasting your time with pugs it will only end in your weeks enjoyment being ruined

Or at the very least people you know and have played with before. With how they have keystone mythics set-up I can't really imagine doing them with pugs until we get much further into the expansion. Just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Meh. Just completed a mythic 5 on time, and then "finished" a 6 with pugs. Haven't had too bad of experiences, it's mostly the ilvl and attitude.

The currently only way to recharge a depleted keystone is too harsh for pugs. I myself don't wouldn't want to run a difficult mythic+X with pugs because of high chance of failure and it being a royal pain to convince people to run it again for no loot.

IMO, it would better if we could get different ways to recharge the depleted keystone, for example completing within the time limit two different mythic+ at the same level as your depleted keystone would recharge it and upgrade it to the next level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    The currently only way to recharge a depleted keystone is too harsh for pugs. I myself don't wouldn't want to run a difficult mythic+X with pugs because of high chance of failure and it being a royal pain to convince people to run it again for no loot.

IMO, it would better if we could get different ways to recharge the depleted keystone, for example completing within the time limit two different mythic+ at the same level as your depleted keystone would recharge it and upgrade it to the next level.
    Honestly I like the difficulty factor the way it is. Mythic+ is intended to get harder and harder and it wouldnt be so hard if you could just crash and burn in a more difficult dungeon to just easily pass by doing two other easier dungeons. It will only get worse as the weeks go by as crappy affixes are paired together and people complain about that.

OP: The pug thing is a problem, but as the content gets harder you should be with people you know. It would be the same kind of way you wouldn't really want to invite pugs to a mythic PVE run early on because you should be with a set group or guild because that kind of content kills the casual pug.

Sounds like you just had a bad group OP, that sucks.

I'd recommend doing it with some friends instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't maybe pug the WHOLE thing, but I wouldn't think one or two would be a big deal. I healed a Mythic+3 Arcway last night where we had to pick up a 5th since our normal person we got to 3 with couldn't join us in that dungeon (everyone else had level 2 keystones). He was pretty good, stood in a BIT too much fire for my liking but nothing crazy. We had a good time and got some good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    That was the intention of the post, its a head up really don't bother wasting your time with pugs it will only end in your weeks enjoyment being ruined
    I think was originally posted 10 years ago?

Deleted
    whoa...it's almost like...there's shitty people in this world...

really makes you think...

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Sounds like you just had a bad group OP, that sucks.

I'd recommend doing it with some friends instead.
    I had a few with emo ragequitters but that isn't the only problem. WoW was DDos'd really hard this morning and we lost the entire timer while waiting for 2 guys to get back in. They'd get on, lag out on boss, wipe, wait 5 minutes, repeat. Since you can't invite new players, it was a total waste. It does need some fixing, even if not just for the toxic players, of which there are many.

This is why it isn't in the dungeon finder. PUGs don't work on challenging content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wimzer View Post
    Meh. Just completed a mythic 5 on time, and then "finished" a 6 with pugs. Haven't had too bad of experiences, it's mostly the ilvl and attitude.
    I thought it takes a week for the keystone to upgrade ?

I ran three Mythic+ dungeons last tonight with PUGs and didn't have any problems. In general I've had very good luck PUGing dungeons so far this expansion. I can certainly see things getting rough in higher Mythic+ levels, but there's a pretty strong motivation for everyone to stick with it as you get no loot until the very end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I thought it takes a week for the keystone to upgrade ?
    If you finish a mythic+ before the timer runs out, the keystone used gets upgraded at least one level. If the keystone used was depleted, it gets upgraded and becomes 'active' again so you can get loot when you use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

I've done 2 Mythic+ Level2 and we finished them with a pug tank. The issue my group was having was that the tanks had sticks up their asses and were trash talking anytime something went even slightly wrong. The 2 level 2 mythics we had were Vault of the Wardens and Neltharion's Lair.

However the 2 Mythic+ Level4s that we tried, Darkheart and Halls of Valor, never even finished. In Darkheart the tank refused to allow any type of CC and would chain pull mobs. Keep in mind that on level 4 they have bolster which ramps up damage and health of nearby mobs when you kill one. We killed the tree boss in Nelth's lair and the tank rushed through the bloods, pulled multiple whelps, and kept AOEing them down (it was a pally tank so I understand its hard to not AOE) resulting in the water elemental having literally 13 Bolster buffs on it. I asked that tank if they'd done the place on mythic because they literally charged through everything. That tank then refused to do anything more because I am a "bad rogue". Not to mention the multiple wipes we had because the tank kept intentionally breaking sap on the cat mobs (the ones that jump on the healers and 2 shot them).

Halls of Valor never even went passed the 2nd trash pack. The tank pulled all 5 mobs at the same time and promptly died due to the sheer amount of damage it was taking. I again said give me a sec to sap so we can pull these a bit easier and keep the deadlier mobs till the end and I was met with "you dont need CC noob". This tank then linked their normal mythic achievement. They then promptly left the group.

TL;DR - bad pug tanks ruined 2 Mythic Level 4 keystone runs ><

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post

If you finish a mythic+ before the timer runs out, the keystone used gets upgraded at least one level. If the keystone used was depleted, it gets upgraded and becomes 'active' again so you can get loot when you use it.
    I have not used my own personal stone yet, so that means we could get a pretty high mythic stone then ? The one we used bolstered to 4 but I thought that we had to wait a week to use it. So it is basically run those stones till you can't make the time.

Well yea, of course...because all content now means do it with the people you know...not random people. Pretty much the group finder is useless beyond smaller content (world, maybe pickup base mythic dungeons...some late normal raids..)

It's a shame too, because the is supposed to be played with all different kinds of people...not the same ones over and over. I mean great if you are comfortable with that, and those people play basically when you do; My people aren't always there when i'm on, so i'm borked.

Never with forethought Blizzard....never.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's pretty open to trolling as well if you're using your own keystone?

Pugged +5 this morning no problems.
    Obviously if you are unskilled you can't pug them, but it has nothing to do with actual pugging complications. Its just to do with people being unskilled.
    If you have a group of 5 unskilled people in a guild it wouldn't be any different.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV