Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

mythic plus isnt content

we had the same issue with timewalking we thought it was gonna be epic but all it was was old dungeons scaled down, mythic plus is just the same dungeons over and over again with a crappy gimmick from a keystone, more lazyness from blizzard not making real content, why didnt they make a specific dungeon set for mythic plus, cos i for one dnt wanna do BRH or DHT anymore since there the worst ones

Let me guess, you have failed using your level 2 keystone.

Cool, go raid then. Progress suramar, max out artifact weapon, max out pvp honor talents etc etc. There are endless things to do now....

Some would say it is the only content. Luckily people don't have to do it if they don't want to.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Its the biggest content they have ever added.
    It will probably have to get some major iteration later in the expansion but as of right now its the single greatest dungeon challenge we have ever seen.

It only isn't content if you are a casual who doesn't know how to pop cds on trash.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    we had the same issue with timewalking we thought it was gonna be epic but all it was was old dungeons scaled down, mythic plus is just the same dungeons over and over again with a crappy gimmick from a keystone, more lazyness from blizzard not making real content, why didnt they make a specific dungeon set for mythic plus, cos i for one dnt wanna do BRH or DHT anymore since there the worst ones

I thank you for you opinion, it's very valueable.... no not really. no.. You're wrong on so many levels.. The problem with making a few set dungeons harder and higher ilvl makes all other dungeons OBSOLETE.. There wil be no reason to run anything under that.. that is what blizzard is trying to avoid with dungeons.. Also come back when you're atleast 10+

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legion has many flaws but this is not one of them lol.

It is a way to keep dungeons relevant throughout a raiding tier. While some may argue this 'forces' hardcore raiders to do more I think the better argument is it allows non-raiders a progression path that isn't as time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    How is it not content? oO

Timewalking -> Nostalgic content that had a long term goal of mounts and collectables.
    Mythic -> Harder versions of the dungeons you've been running with a chance at 850 loot
    Mythic+ -> Progressively harder content that add a new twist to something you've already done.

Personally I find DHT to be one of the easier ones, however BRH on the whole is fine, I just hate the bats part personally.

I do wish they would add a mythic dungeon set, that would be cool, at least for the bragging rights, like mythic raid sets now.

Although, if you don't find mythic dungeons engaging or just rehashed content, what do you think raids are? Literally running the exact same instance and bosses for months with no changes. Hell we just did HFC for 14 months.

I enjoyed timewalking. And I'm sure I'll enjoy Mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, OP is right... it's not new content. it's a new difficulty level for existing content. It's like saying heroic raids are different content than normal... they're not, they are just harder.

The alternative is that they make the standard versions hard enough that people take some time progressing on them. Or having people run out of stuff to do because it's easy enough that anyone in a decent group clears it early on. So, while Mythic+ isn't actually new (different) content from regular Mythic/heroic, etc it's at least something for people who don't want to raid to do in WoW.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It actually reminds me a little of running Strath or Scholo as a five man as intended back in Vanilla before they nerfed the shit out of them. That said I imagine the Mythic+ system, along with the regular Mythic system will either be seeing a massive overhaul or be abandoned entirely. Participation in Mythic dungeons is actually quite low, so far when pugging I see all the same people, most people I see on my high pop realm have never stepped foot into one and probably won't - The lack of automated group finder support combined with the perceived difficulty for little reward (Which is silly because they're not at all difficult) make them unappealing. Mythic+ will obviously have less participation (Can't possibly have 100% of the people who run Mythic dungeons participate.) - I don't see the feature lasting long, or it will be changed dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Participation in Mythic dungeons is actually quite low, so far when pugging I see all the same people, most people I see on my high pop realm have never stepped foot into one and probably won't
    Most people on my server run them in guild and maybe pug 1 person if no one else is available which could account for a lot of people not using group finder. I'd wait until something official comes out from blizzard or a mmo-champ poll to get some semi-accurate rates of participation regarding them.
    The lack of automated group finder support combined with the perceived difficulty for little reward (Which is silly because they're not at all difficult) make them unappealing. Mythic+ will obviously have less participation (Can't possibly have 100% of the people who run Mythic dungeons participate.) - I don't see the feature lasting long, or it will be changed dramatically.
    Little reward? You have a chance at loot for each level you do, then a guaranteed 880 item if you do +10. That's more loot than I'd be getting in a raid.

Automated group finder for mythic is a bad idea unless they make it like 835+ for non Mythic + levels.

Also with raids releasing this week, we're bound to see a drop in participation rates as people will be focusing on that more.

True, I still enjoy them. Feels like running 5 mans back in Vanilla or heroics in TBC. At some point it gets hard. Pretty funny to think that after all those years they are bringing back difficult dungeons. Now they need to get rid of afk raids (LFR).

Do you believe Challenge Mode Dungeons were content? Mythic+ actually has unique components to it like a timer (re-imagined Challenge Mode) and dungeon affixes that force your group to deal with additional mechanics.

It absolutely is content. What it is is relevant content for players who have outgeared heroic and mythic.

Does it count as an entirely new set of dungeons? No. Is it something you'll find challenging as you progress? Yes.

In before the pants on head "dungeons are never hard" crew shows up.

I don't like full on disagreeing with people, but this time I have to. Progressively harder content is a cornerstone of mmo-progression, along with better gear and higher numbers. Mythic+ covers all of these. Now, twitter integration, that's not content.

Deleted
    This is obviously bait, 1. Make outrageous post 2. Don't reply again 3. Eat popcorn reading replies.

You mean just because you more than likely failed your level 2 keystone it's not content? It is content aimed at those who want a challenge.

It's a thing in a game you can do or not do... which is the literal definition of what game content is. You don't get to decide it isn't content just because you don't like it or it isn't different enough from something else.