PSA: GM Oryx said they fixed the bug to get hidden protection skin dont bother relog

method it wont work, its now just daily chance RNG based hidden quest

Posted by Ornyx
    There was a bug with this that was fixed earlier this week.

I recommend taking things a day at a time and giving your logout button a rest. There's always tomorrow, after all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how I obtained it yesterday if it was fixed earlier this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Could just have been lucky with the intentional RNG.

Deleted
    So it's one hidden appearance a day for the whole realm? That's pretty upsetting considering how many people have gotten it by just relogging for a couple of hours and unnecessary frustrating now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    Could just have been lucky with the intentional RNG.
    I used the macro and it did not turn true the first time. it did after relogs however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenius View Post
    So it's one hidden appearance a day for the whole realm? That's pretty upsetting considering how many people have gotten it by just relogging for a couple of hours and unnecessary frustrating now.
    It's personal from what I have read.

Also, just met someone who told me he had been relogging for about 150 times and has not gotten it (I immediately told him it is now only doable on a daily basis) - so I really don't think the relogging part still works. Maybe those who got it started the process before daily reset and got it sometime after.
    Last edited by mmocde26664bcf; 2016-10-01 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    So how does this work then, basically like the dalaran vendor that appears once a day for like 15 minutes? I have to stand in the cave 24/7 to get it? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenius View Post
    So how does this work then, basically like the dalaran vendor that appears once a day for like 15 minutes? I have to stand in the cave 24/7 to get it? :/
    Same as before except you can no longer refresh the status by re-logging, meaning you have to wait for daily reset to take place before getting another shot at it.
    Last edited by mmocde26664bcf; 2016-10-01 at 05:39 PM.

Got it after 300+ logouts over 3 days (12 total hours) - would take close to a year to get it normally... GG Blizz - feel bad for the suckers trying this every day.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    method it wont work, its now just daily chance RNG based hidden quest

Posted by Ornyx
    There was a bug with this that was fixed earlier this week.

I recommend taking things a day at a time and giving your logout button a rest. There's always tomorrow, after all.
    proof for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Apparati View Post
    proof for this?
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=11#post-204

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As always, brilliant way to solve such situation by Blizzard.

Congrats to people who were able to use their incompetence once again.
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    What is the proper way of obtaining this?
    It cant be intentionally designed that you need to run the macro and wait for it to return true? This is an exploit is it not?
    Shouldnt it be a quest line or something like that?
    It's literally step in the cave daily and if you hear a dragon roar the shields is there. The macro just checks if you got the daily check already and if you procced the event necessary to have the shield. the macro isn't mandatory, it's a QoL thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    What is the proper way of obtaining this?
    It cant be intentionally designed that you need to run the macro and wait for it to return true? This is an exploit is it not?
    Shouldnt it be a quest line or something like that?
    The proper way was supposed to be as it is now:
    You get one shot each day, login doesn't reset your chances anymore. You still have to reach AK5, still have to read the tablet, still have to see the emote.

The only reason people were running the macro is because you could miss the emote upon login, which is no longer relevant. Unless you log out there each day for a fresh shot upon logging in the next day.

People are just salty(and rightly so) that Blizz screwed the pooch with something, people got their hidden skin and then Blizz hastily put the brakes on screwing everybody else over(see also legendary drop rate bug).

They got rid of dailies, and gave warriors back another daily. Now, I realize this isn't necessary at all for progression, or whatever. But collecting aesthetic appearances in this game is a big thing to a lot of people. Putting t-mog and the wardrobe in is Blizz' own admission of it being so. Why gate this behind a daily chance?