Thread: Nomi fixed?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Nomi fixed?

So I just logged in and went to nomi to retrieve 8 work orders. I literally got 6 recipes. Sure, 4 of them were duplicates, but 6 recipes from 1 batch?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post
    So I just logged in and went to nomi to retrieve 8 work orders. I literally got 6 recipes. Sure, 4 of them were duplicates, but 6 recipes from 1 batch?
    Fixed from what?
    I've been getting recipes at a steady rate since I unlocked the work orders about 4 weeks ago.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Fixed from what?
    I've been getting recipes at a steady rate since I unlocked the work orders about 4 weeks ago.
    And I've been getting burnt food with a total of 2 recipes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Fixed from what?
    You are super lucky. I have gotten burnt food and 3 recipes since week one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    You are super lucky. I have gotten burnt food and 3 recipes since week one.
    I just wish that would extend to legendary drops...
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

He's been weird for me as well. I have rank 2 of the bacon recipe, and have been giving him bacon hoping to get rank 3. He's given me the recipe for rank 1 3x in a row now.

Deleted
    I just got the exact same recipe 3x in the same box which made me a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    He's been weird for me as well. I have rank 2 of the bacon recipe, and have been giving him bacon hoping to get rank 3. He's given me the recipe for rank 1 3x in a row now.
    I keep getting that one as well, and I don't even have rank 2.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    RNG.

I was getting recipes everyday and now i've not had anything for over a week.

tl:dr - RNG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Exact same issue as you. Opened a ticket for it, eventually got a reply that it's a known issue that will be fixed in 7.1
    So for now I would advise feeding nomi no bacon till next patch :-
    On topic. I have gone two weeks, constant work orders, all but bacon was burnt food

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post
    My success rate on getting usable recipes from Nomi is down around 12% now... I hit 110 on the 1st of September and in that time frame I've not missed a work order which means I've placed ~190 of them... thusfar I've gotten a total of 23 recipes, and I haven't seen one in 5 days.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't gotten a recipe in 2 weeks, including today's pickups. I think you just got extremely lucky.

I got rank 2 everything from him back in first half of September. Since then, I have been trying for rank 3 recipes, of which I have only managed to get 1, and that 1 was gotten right after I started trying for rank 3 two weeks ago. Not a single recipe since.

Haven't gotten a recipe from Nomi in almost 3 weeks now. It's ridiculous.

I swear, Nomi's stove only has two settings

Off and Firelands

Nomi is the epitome of RNG.

I find that slapping him daily helps, doesn't get you recipes any faster or more consistently but it does make you feel slightly better and he is one of the few RNG avatars you can slap.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary drop rates knocked me to the ground and Nomi finished me off. He hasn't given me shit. I'm cursed to never get anything ever this expansion.

I've been feeding him since the expansion launched. I have rank 2 Faronaar Fizz and rank 2 Bear Tartare, and that's it.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I don't have a single rank 3 cooking recipe (except dried mackerel) and have relatively few rank 2s. Hell, I don't even have all of the rank 1s yet. I've gotten nothing but burnt food for the last few weeks.

Oh, and bacon. I've gotten rank 1 bacon three times despite already knowing rank 2. I'm not wasting any more bacon on him til I get blue confirmation that they're fixing this crap.

DO you have ALL the recipes you can get from mobs, vendors and quests? Check your unlearned tab, I just looked yesterday had like 6 to get. got 4 of em, today I got 4 rank 2 of one of em AND the 375 version of it.

I suspect and others do as well that you cant get the 375 with out first getting the 300.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unsure if it is also based on your Cooking skill.

My main with 60/800 Cooking gets like 99% burnt food, I think I've got 4 recipes since launch on him. My Alt with 740/800 Cooking usually gets 7-8 Recipes per 24 orders. a lot of Duplicates but a good number on unique ones as well.

Just a theory.