Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Basically, instant immolate is for the shadowburn spec and 200% CB is for the CB spec, guess firestone will rarely be picked now that it's subpar to it's peers in any of the respective playstyles, especially considering that firestone is dispellable.

Good changes nonetheless, now as for UA I feel like it's transitioning into something but they haven't quite figured out what to do with it so we only get to see half the notes, I'd expect buffs coming soon to aff if they plan on limiting UA stacks to targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I am a bit confused about the changes to destro pvp. They removed the infernal talent, does this mean, we wont be able to cast it in arenas anymore? That would be a big hit to our burst and aoe damage, especially with lord of flames trait.
    Nope you are not alone. I am seriously worried about them removing our ability to use Infernals in 2v2 and 3v3.

I like the Affliction nerfs. Gotta push it below Frost DK somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Infernal can be used in arena in every spec without talent. Blizzard is just too lazy to change tooltip/talent on live because they simply don't care about fixing warlocks, so your 2 sec stun with 3 min cd will not go away.

Deleted
    For me, it is mostly the Lord of Flames proc i want to keep, since destro´s only shining light in arena, is the ability to have really stong on demand burst at the start, if they survive that, we are fucked :P

They better come up with some real changes quick for PVE.
    BD, Shadowburn, F&B, and Shadowfury as baseline and part of the basic rotation.
    Then add some situational talents only...

Just wait for a while on Affliction. The capping and the new dispel mechanic are indicators they are doing something for the spec.

It needed a cap to balance the potential damage it can do. It is the only way to do. Yes, it's expensive to cast and should not be countered easily by a dispel. But one-shotting someone is also not a good solution either. It's not healthy for the game. Besides, a stacked UA that can one shot someone when dispelled will also tick some big numbers when undispelled. It's has to be a choice - but it used to be a choice of letting your teammate die from the ticks or you the healer when you dispel it. It was not a good design and very hard to balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Just wait for a while on Affliction. The capping and the new dispel mechanic are indicators they are doing something for the spec.

It needed a cap to balance the potential damage it can do. It is the only way to do. Yes, it's expensive to cast and should ny be countered easily by a dispel. But one-shotting someone is not angood solution either. It's not healthy for the game. Besides, a stacked UA that can one shot someone when dispelled will also tick some big numbers. It's a choice - but it used to be a choice of letting your teammate die from the tick or you the healer when you dispel it. It was not a good design and very hard to balance.

Doing something is good. What is more important than blind action is :

- fun mechanics
    - competitive throughout the board
    - not waiting too long because time is the most precious resource we have and LEGION is already out for over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Yeah, pvp. I dont care about pvp. Most of people dont care about pvp. What happens with pve? Nothing, nothing and more nothing.
    If you want to be a an elitist e-peener that likes to see themselves at the top of the dps charts in a raid then roll a fire mage. If blizzard is going to offer pvp to its customers then it needs to be balanced. Destro as it stands is not balanced and needs addressing. I get that you like pve but not every change that comes around is for lolpve.

Been trying out the +200% CB in duels....hitting people for up to 1.1m with a single cast. ^^ Also, infernal works in arena still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Been trying out the +200% CB in duels....hitting people for up to 1.1m with a single cast. ^^ Also, infernal works in arena still.
    hmm wasn't there a video of a guy only doing 500K chaos bolts in PvP?

Do duels not count as PvP like Arenas, BG etc.? With stat modifiers etc.

Do legendary, enchantments, etc. work in duels? If yes then duels are no reliable data. I don't have the ptr client though !

Because open world PvP is very different from instanced PvP. I don't know what duels count as

duels are outside of instanced pvp so your stats are the same. In instanced pvp those numbers would probably be much lower.

Stat templates don't work no and no legendaries. Just tried in a skirmish, hit 942k with Soul harvest up.

Stat templates don't work no and no legendaries. Just tried in a skirmish, hit 942k with Soul harvest up.
    Anything around 900k + is good enough tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Anything around 900k + is good enough tbh.
    Well I basically 2 shot a DH.. I'd say that's good enough :P

Deleted
    I'd love 900k Chaos Bolts in PvE. It would give the spell its soul back ^^

pretty sure bliz wont be giving us 900k cb's so i would remain skeptical about this damage making it to live. Dont get me wrong id love to see it but blizzard has a history of giving and taking away all in the same breath.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    pretty sure bliz wont be giving us 900k cb's so i would remain skeptical about this damage making it to live. Dont get me wrong id love to see it but blizzard has a history of giving and taking away all in the same breath.
    If it doesn't get adjusted on the PTR, it will after it goes live. You know how some people are about these things:P At most I believe it'll be reduced to +150%, but it has to compete with Firestone.

If it doesn't get adjusted on the PTR, it will after it goes live. You know how some people are about these things:P At most I believe it'll be reduced to +150%, but it has to compete with Firestone.
    Probably. But im more hyped about conflag + instant immolate + shadowburn spec that cobrak talks about in his video that just went up. As long as they keep the conflag root and instant immolate changes ill be happy. Destro doesnt have enough instant dmg outside of conflag and shadowburn

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    Probably. But im more hyped about conflag + instant immolate + shadowburn spec that cobrak talks about in his video that just went up. As long as they keep the conflag root and instant immolate changes ill be happy. Destro doesnt have enough instant dmg outside of conflag and shadowburn
    Yeah that combo doesn't have you relying on one spell, which is why I'll probably use it more.