Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its honestly what it is, its fine, Ill admit its a little quick but its fine.

Highmaul was brutally unforgiving early on, and practically had too many "fuck melee" bosses along with nearly -every- boss in WoD being fuck melee making melee dps have some of the most hellish bossfights period in WoD's lifecycle.

Legion is refreshing, finally Melee bosses that actually have a role for melee to play. Might feel dull for casters/rdps but you had WoD, its Melee's turn in Legion.

And honestly? Thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'm honestly already bored with it. Cleared it on normal and nothing really makes me say "man I can't wait to do this on heroic and mythic too!"
    I am curious what is your past raiding experience is like? What do you look for within a raid? In my opinion normal mode raids are for entry level or beginner players who are just getting into WoW. If you are a beginner then I would suggest perhaps taking a step into heroic and see how you like it. The harder the raid the more it will require of each member. IN normal mode you can skate by with messing up and doing a mechanic incorrectly. IN heroic/mythic difficulties that becomes less likely. Beating the game in LFR/Normal then saying you don't want to try the harder difficulties is a cop out in my opinion. It's a totally different game when you take normal and mythic.

I like it more than Highmaul, but it's true that it isn't an amazing raid by any means. I like Nythendra, Il'gynoth and Cenarius. Dragons and Ursoc are boring, Elerethe is annoying as hell, and Xavius is just kinda dissapointing. I expected far more crazyness out of fighting the Nightmare Lord at the seat of his power. I did love the Emerald Dream mini zone after we kill him. In Highmaul, the only fight I liked was Kargath.

Then again, intro raids are rarely ever the best, with the possible exception of Karazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    I am curious what is your past raiding experience is like? What do you look for within a raid? In my opinion normal mode raids are for entry level or beginner players who are just getting into WoW. If you are a beginner then I would suggest perhaps taking a step into heroic and see how you like it. The harder the raid the more it will require of each member. IN normal mode you can skate by with messing up and doing a mechanic incorrectly. IN heroic/mythic difficulties that becomes less likely. Beating the game in LFR/Normal then saying you don't want to try the harder difficulties is a cop out in my opinion. It's a totally different game when you take normal and mythic.
    Less forgiving doesn't necessarily mean totally different. I mean come on.. its the exact same game with added difficulty no matter how you bad you want it to be something else.

Cleared it on Normal and Heroic, and now progressing through Mythic.
    We're a rather casual guild, so we're just 1/7M now.

Normal and Heroic are kinda easy, but I blame the Mythic+ gear, going in with 830-840 gear, I suppose would've made it more challenging.
    And mythic is quite fun, I like it.

I'd say it would be pretty good, but the visuals are terrible. Color of bloody diarrhea everywhere, fight against Xavius is even worse somehow. The fact that no fight seems to really stand out with new mechanics or just by being super fun does not help.

That's just based on HC version, maybe Mythic is better, but didn't hear anything about it.

I'd compare it to Dragon Soul more than Highmaul, personally, but I don't think it's that bad. It's a corrupted version of the Emerald Dream, what would you have done differently? I mean, to me, the Dreamgrove and Emerald Dreamway capture the feeling of the Emerald Dream pretty well but I'm glad they didn't simply corrupt the Druid class hall for the sake of making a dungeon.

As far as the encounters are concerned, I think what a lot of people aren't realizing is that Blizz has done things completely backwards this time around. Normally, we start out a raid tier in lower level gear than what is dropping and gear up in the raid. After so long, they throw casuals a bone in the form of a zone buff or valor gear or something to that effect to help them catch up in progression. This time around, though, we've had time to gear up in mythic dungeons and are raiding in gear the same or similar ilvl as what's dropping. We already have the "buff" so to speak so the content is already somewhat simplified. I imagine a fresh 110 with no mythic gear would find the encounters a bit more challenging but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Less forgiving doesn't necessarily mean totally different. I mean come on.. its the exact same game with added difficulty no matter how you bad you want it to be something else.
    O definitely, there are similarities but there are additional mechanics in the higher difficulties that makes it harder/more challenging. Do you enjoy walking into normal and just stomping it? If so then no need to discuss further.

AN extreme example is I know how to shoot a basketball. Clearly I understand how to play and get the ball in the hoop. There is no difference between me and the NBA except added difficulty. Right?

Deleted
    more than anything the color scheme annoys me, otherwise it's pretty ok raid

OT: oi dont steal my avatar icon :-(

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's better than Highmaul.

Only thing in Highmaul that was better was Imperator, and I subtract points from that boss (at least on Mythic) because of how long the encounter was. Otherwise, most of Highmaul was pretty lackluster, and the environment was bad.

Xavius looks cool and feels cool, but in practice he feels pretty lackluster. Il'gynoth is annoying, while the rest of the encounters are at least better than what we had in Highmaul IMO. I think the theme is cool and going to old areas with a new spin using the emerald nightmare portals is pretty cool, comparatively there was nothing cool in Highmaul.

For an entry level raid it's pretty good. I still think MGV was the best of the most recent.

I'd enjoy EN even more if playing a blood DK in this tier wasn't miserable. Note, it's doable, but it's not very fun to play right now.

Deleted
    I've always somehow felt like they were either raising the bar or keeping up the quality of each and every raid after MoP launched (Heart of Fear can be argued), but this is the raid that sort of breaks that mold for me. It's not a bad raid. As long as ToC, Naxx25 and Dragon Soul exists, I can't call it bad.

It's just a extremely average raid with a severely undertuned final boss. Visually it's a pretty cool raid though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they spent most of their time on Karazhan and the Nighthold. I am sure they will give you all a boner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Bosses in terms of difficulty(Easiest > Hardest) in Mythic: Nythendra > Elerethe > Ursoc > Xavius > Cenarius > Il'gynoth.

If you can put out the numbers, that is the order. Il'gynoth is the only boss where you really need to do it properly to get a kill.
    I'm 5/7 mythic atm, so I have not really experienced Cenarius yet, but all I have heard is that Cenarius the hardest one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    This thread is another perfect example on how you can't please everyone.
    Meanwhile the pleased people are busy raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I'm 5/7 mythic atm, so I have not really experienced Cenarius yet, but all I have heard is that Cenarius the hardest one.
    As I said, if you have the numbers aka gear, cenarius is not that hard. It mostly comes down to tanks and healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Anyone else feel like the emerald nightmare raid is very poor? I'm beginning to think it may be one of the worst raids Blizzard has made, up there even with DS and ToC.

- Cheapest raid in a long time. Copy pasted zones with edits. Low res textures everywhere. Very little doo-dads and other assets.
    - Incredibly boring layout. Take portals into the same circular red and black room over and over.
    - Boring encounter mechanics
    - Cenarius is a HUGE lore figure and everything about his encounter is so underwhelming.
    For me this sounds absolutly wrong. I'm a huge fan of the layout in this raid. Especially jumping between the twisted places of places we been too. For example when we fight Elerethe Renferal and we see Thunder Bluff all spread out in the air.

When it comes to the encounters they are surely not that hard to understand which might be boring, but the mechanics of the bosses and that you're really in need of a group with good cordination to be able to execute the fight is not boring.

Cenarius is a HUGE lore figure tho, but that you have to fight with Malfurion to be able to help Cenarius out of the nightmare is pretty neat tho, there are several ways to execute the boss and there are so many mechanics that you need to be able to actually understand the fight. I loved it on HC and can't wait to be able to try it out on Mythic.

The only thing i really DISLIKE about the raid is the Xavius encounter, this one they could have changed alot.

In my point of view, this raid is far away from the worst.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Encounters designs are shit as a whole, highmaul was miles ahead
    +1
    I went in to check the bosses then I was sure raiding is not for me anymore. Encounter design went so much in a direction I don't like.

It is ok as for me.

Deleted
    I like it. Mythic Nythendra is a perfect example of "do it perfect or die" where personal responsibility is at the max. Xavius as a healer is fun with managing your mana and CDs depending on if you're dreaming or not. Cenarius is a great fight overall. Elrethe and dragons are pretty bad. Ursoc is the classic DPS check that I don't mind. Il'gynoth is the definition of cool and new.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Am I the only one who liked ToC?
    No I loved ToC. The theme of the raid was super unique, had an awesome setting!