Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    Don't worry, shadow is getting nuked soon enough. They are going to strip S2M away, I'm waiting to see how the change it and whether they do anything to the other glaring flaws in the Shadow Priest playstyle.

I honestly don't think Fire Mage is OP at all. They are strong, and a good player can do well with it, but I don't think they are too strong at all. Arcane and Frost definitely need to be brought up closer to Fire Mage's level though.
    Slight nerf =/= Nuked. Don't take it so personally please. Shadow is too good right now and even you know it.

Deleted
    Fire is really strong, but I doubt Blizzard is going to nerf it.

Consider for a moment how much crit fire needs to "work".
    Consider then how much crit is found on our tier set in The Nighthold.
    Clearly the nerf is already on the table in the form of our 4p.

link http://www.wowhead.com/item-set=1285...ning-knowledge

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    then why the fuck am I still chained with that clunky pile of shit RoP?
    Clunky? It's a single GCD and you have all the room in the world to dance around in. There's not a single fight in which it is difficult to use the spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Consider for a moment how much crit fire needs to "work".
    Consider then how much crit is found on our tier set in The Nighthold.
    Clearly the nerf is already on the table in the form of our 4p.

link http://www.wowhead.com/item-set=1285...ning-knowledge
    Lolol what? 60% crit is really all you need, and I'm sure we'll be sitting on that in N NH gear, let alone M NH. Just because there's only 2 crit pieces doesn't mean that all the gear is bad.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

who said it was bad? im pointing out that they are limiting our sources of crit from Nighthold and therefore keeping us in check without the need of a number nerf.

There is no such thing as "60% is all you need" - crit is already stronger than INT and will continue to outscale it.
    NH gear for fire is a joke, and seeing that the only really good pieceis helm, while im wearing legendary, makes me want to /wrists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    There is no such thing as "60% is all you need" - crit is already stronger than INT and will continue to outscale it.
    NH gear for fire is a joke, and seeing that the only really good pieceis helm, while im wearing legendary, makes me want to /wrists.
    yeah, the tier pieces are really bad in terms of stats, id definately say its a nerf especially when you consider that crit continues to be better than intellect until you reach the soft cap of crit or close there to, atm im seriously wondering if its better to just ignore the tier pieces due to the potential loss in crit. it would be alright if crit was a stat based on something like int but since it isnt, fire will prolly see a very little gain from actually getting the tier pieces which goes against every fiber of my being.

Quote Originally Posted by TiltEV View Post
    Slight nerf =/= Nuked. Don't take it so personally please. Shadow is too good right now and even you know it.
    S2M is being nuked. They can't keep it in game as it currently is. Without S2M, Shadow is bottom tier.

When I say nuked, I mean nuked. It will not be a slight nerf. Did you see the MH changes? That would have resulted in a 25% nerf, which is enough to say it was nuked. Knowing Blizzard yo-yo balancing, my fear is that they will reduce duration of S2M, but not compensate in fixing the classes flaws elsewhere.

This isn't me taking it personally. I am well aware shadow is too good, but you are out of your mind if you think it's going to be a slight nerf based on their last attempt at adjusting it and past Blizzard history.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    yeah, the tier pieces are really bad in terms of stats, id definately say its a nerf especially when you consider that crit continues to be better than intellect until you reach the soft cap of crit or close there to, atm im seriously wondering if its better to just ignore the tier pieces due to the potential loss in crit. it would be alright if crit was a stat based on something like int but since it isnt, fire will prolly see a very little gain from actually getting the tier pieces which goes against every fiber of my being.
    Unfortunately the 4p bonus seems exceptionaly strong :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Unfortunately the 4p bonus seems exceptionaly strong :/
    question is if its worth it for the rather massive loss of crit, just using the 4pc means you loose something 6+% crit which is rather significant but the 4pc might be worth it.

I'm fairly sure that the buff will be up almost 24/7 unless it doesn't refresh on reproc.
    Also, sadly, there are no alternatives. THere are no crit chests or legs in NH for example. I wonder if its on purpose or they just rolled faces across keyboards to come up with mage set stats, considering over 99% of raiders play fire.

dont't tell me you guys are surprised, that many pieces in NH are missing crit.

It was obvious and well planned from blizzard. Many classes need a certain amount of crit to work. So what are they doing? they put loads of Crit on starter items with crit being superhigh roll (like rings that have 1200 crit and 400 haste). that way they bring classes like fire already early in an area where it feels smooth to play. but obviously they cant continue like that, cause you already get 60% crit with preraid gear. so guess what: they try to keep the possible crit at around that level by just removing crit from certain slots completely or just increasing the stat of the other secondary stat (old example ring from 1200crit+400haste to 1200crit+1000haste). future items will jsut have more mastery and versatility, just cause these stats dont have a soft/hardcap like haste and crit do. obviously due to that fact fire wont scale that good in the future, cause we will always stay on the same crit level from now on which results in only increasing our worse stats that dont scale that well. therefore mage wont need any special threating/nerfs.
    actually good design from blizz. they got rid of the clunky playstyle at the beginning of an expansion with low crit and also got rid of the incredible scaling later on.

i feel like all the people that want fire nerfed are the ones that are running heroic dungeons with 30-60 second fights where they can burst up to around 1.2m and end at 700k if theyre geared.

fire mages, much like arcane mages, revolve around strong burst periods with our cds more than ever before because of how they changed combustion, then drop down to normal numbers while waiting for cds to come back up.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    question is if its worth it for the rather massive loss of crit, just using the 4pc means you loose something 6+% crit which is rather significant but the 4pc might be worth it.
    I think I might just rather take the helm/gloves for 2 piece w/crit and call it a day.

I will certainly end up sitting on my gear till I get 4 piece to try it / sim it out.

that 4-set is going to give you a rather big chance of having high haste with every RoP other than the obvious increase to the combustion burst, so I think it will be worth it aslong as you can still manage to keep your crit above like 55-57%

I just saw 7.1 patch notes. There is a Fire nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I just saw 7.1 patch notes. There is a Fire nerf.
    All I can see is a "change" to Dragon's breath and even that is false datamining, because it's still 250% on PTR.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    All I can see is a "change" to Dragon's breath and even that is false datamining, because it's still 250% on PTR.
    Oh good. Was really sad over that change in the notes.

It seemed a bit odd, but immediately brought to mind the image of every fire mage suddenly being forced to eat a conjured breath mint prior to every cast of Dragon's breath. So at least it was good for a laugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't make mages bad, ever. I think your'e safe.

i just want another arcane buff so i can stop playing fire :/