Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing RDM be support?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'm guessing RDM be support?
    Theres been a few version in the FF/TO/BD games but i think the "fencing/swashbuckling dandy" is the kind they will go for. musketeer meets american colonial appearance using a rapier/buckler or dual rapiers and casting low level white/black and using things like enfire/enwater to buff/debuff him/herself and others.

our last dps was a ranged physichal dps, a close combat magical dps feels like a good fit this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Theres been a few version in the FF/TO/BD games but i think the "fencing/swashbuckling dandy" is the kind they will go for. musketeer meets american colonial appearance using a rapier/buckler or dual rapiers and casting low level white/black and using things like enfire/enwater to buff/debuff him/herself and others.

our last dps was a ranged physichal dps, a close combat magical dps feels like a good fit this time.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for and would be willing to play sometimes.

Fits RDM perfectly.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I want Dancer I'm putting my money on RDM/Samurai as new jobs, let's hope they surprise us with a new race as well in Eu or Jap.

As long as RDM is more or less confirmed I'm happy with life. I have a severe weakness and need for Spellblade DPS and DRK isn't quite Magic+Swordplay enough for my tastes. Plus I kinda resent tanking, so here's hoping the magic fencer theory is right

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it confirmed only 2 new Classes/Jobs? RDM makes sense. I just came back for the first time since 3.0 so I don't think I've seen a SAM in game yet or I forgot it, but it's supposedly there? Would it be possible they do three? Maybe Dancer is a different kind of monk but still very similar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Was it confirmed only 2 new Classes/Jobs?
    No, there was only two silhouettes but we didn't really get any info of new jobs outside of that shirt teaser - need to wait until next FanFest.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Was it confirmed only 2 new Classes/Jobs? RDM makes sense. I just came back for the first time since 3.0 so I don't think I've seen a SAM in game yet or I forgot it, but it's supposedly there? Would it be possible they do three? Maybe Dancer is a different kind of monk but still very similar?
    Samurai is to FFXIV what Ridley is to Smash Bros players. Everytime theres news some folks go "t-this is it, swear on me mum they really are revealing it this time!" up to and including doctored images and 'shoops faking leaks as far back as 1.0

Maybe its because i always thought NIN was cooler in ff games but i have no idea why Samurai lights such a zealous fire under people.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Yay, ability pruning! Another dumbed down MMO I will never play again.
    I mean it worked out so well for WoW, what could possibly go wrong.
    Anyone who's played the game at least long enough to lose sprout status can recognize areas where "ability pruning" could be put to use without completely gutting the classes. Given how a lot of what was announced at Fanfest was predictable, I don't expect any massive suprises.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Samurai is to FFXIV what Ridley is to Smash Bros players. Everytime theres news some folks go "t-this is it, swear on me mum they really are revealing it this time!" up to and including doctored images and 'shoops faking leaks as far back as 1.0

Maybe its because i always thought NIN was cooler in ff games but i have no idea why Samurai lights such a zealous fire under people.
    in FFT SAM was so much cooler than NIN. More useful? Nah, but WAY cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    in FFT SAM was so much cooler than NIN. More useful? Nah, but WAY cooler.
    In FFT Thundergod Cid was way cooler AND more powerful than anyone. Though I usually gave him Draw Out as a secondary skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    No, there was only two silhouettes but we didn't really get any info of new jobs outside of that shirt teaser - need to wait until next FanFest.

there's speculation that rdm and sam could both be dps. adding a str and int class would bring all stats to 3 classes each.

they also had a hard time balancing the last tank and healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they also had a hard time balancing the last tank and healer.
    Dark Knight is even now a bit eh.. actually have to use MP song between A6S pulls since he doesn't have enough MP to activate stance.

Dark Knight is even now a bit eh.. actually have to use MP song between A6S pulls since he doesn't have enough MP to activate stance.
    Part of the reason I ended up going away from DRK is so I didn't have to remember to toggle Darkside constantly as I would make large chain pulls in dungeons. As a dps I tend to /facepalm when other DRKs do so with darkside up, only to get to the end of the pull with 500 mp and not able to do anything.

Then again, having PLD sword/shield from Sophia fall in my lap got me to brush up on PLD again, which has been a fair bit of fun, but I still feel more comfy playing the other tanks.

Deleted
    Sorry, no offense but your dark knight must not be very good then. I had absolutely no problem keeping mana up in between pulls on a6s. Sole survivor is your friend as the bosses are about to die and whenever you cannot dps for a while just drop out of dark stance. And if you re saying DRK is "eh" mechanically then I can understand that because that is rather subjective and opinions differ between people.
    What is a fact right now however is that DRK is still the best and most optimal MT for progression content and still outshines paladin on everything. Paladin still has a little more mitigation but with the dps the DRK brings as main tank and all the flexibility the class has if played right he outshines PLD on pretty much everything. Comparison cannot be made with WAR because the way the game works right now WAR has a guaranteed spot in a raid group.
    As a savage raider currently at 5% a11s and having tons of experience on DRK, I was forced to switch to it from PLD for progression and ended up falling in love with the class because it is super fun and rewards skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I...disagree. In fact, I kind of like the friendly rivarly thing WoW and FF14 have going on right now, like when they responded to each other on twitter a little while back. In fact, them being rivals is really better for us as players. WoW takes inspiration fro FF14 to enhance WoW and ff14 does the same from WoW.

I'd liken it a bit to back when WCW was around for wrestling and competing with WWE. They were both big and so they competed and made each other better. Than WCW fell and WWE won...and they'd been getting steadily crapper as the years drag on.
    Or squaresoft and Enix pre merge DQ and FF while appealing to different demographics in some ways pushed each other to do better and make higher quality products..until the dark days post merge(glad they are getting their shit together)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the rumor comes from that image I believe but it is just getting derived silhouettes not indicative of class numbers imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for and would be willing to play sometimes.

Fits RDM perfectly.
    Same.

I'd be okay with tank. But massively disappointed if they become support. Prefer dps.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Well Yoshis confirmed "another job will be teased at the europe fanfest" So thats at least Red Mage and one other Job. The options most likely to me still look like Dancer for healer or Beast Master/ Samurai for Tank.

The only thing against Samurai is in XIV the majority of them appear to be not connected to Doman refugees but the Empire, the new main Villain Zaes Yea Galvus in particular is a "Samurai that trained in Rabanastre" which is a name that should cause some ears to prick up. Unless theres a Samurai deserter we meet in Ala Mhigo or the black shroud i think they may save Samurai for the now teased 6.0 "off to Garlemald to finish off the empire" expansion.

I'm hoping that the next two big announcements aren't just new jobs. I want there to be something else that's big - like a revamp of the character creation system for the current playable races. There's a few I'd play if only they had more options available to them.

I'm sure there will be a lot of other minor things to look forward to as well - plus various surprises at launch that won't be spoiled.

Damnit why do I have to look at this. I really shouldn't sub to this while I'm playing WoW but damnit...I was a Final Fantasy fan before a blizz fanboy..goddamnit. Sometimes I just really miss FF14 and this looks so good.

I do hope they don't prune abilities though, I may be in the minority but I enjoyed having bars full of stuff and more involved rotations. I think WoW was always more twitch based, eg; you watching procs..I think both games' combat systems have their own layers of nuance and no I don't want to add fuel to the game vs game debate.