Thread: Neck question

Neck question

I got Legendary opus shield neck (fml) but i wonder if i should replace it with Savant neck, especially if i need to sacrifice some mastery to get to haste breakpoint.

From the other hand , mr robot simulation always gives me slightly better results when using legendary one.

Notes: a) I am using DB+2xtactician relics 892 weapon (no PS)
    b) I'm doing only nythendra mythic from raid content so far and i actively do Mythic++ dungs.

Your thoughts ppl

p.s. 150 mastery gem>200str according to mr robot, is that true?

edit: stats currently without chasing haste Bpoint: 11%crit , 13%haste , 87%mastery , 2% versa (+angerboda trink if that helps)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    usually the sheer stats on a legendary outweight the alternatives unless you have an item on 895.
    The question is if you use default stats from Mr Robot or put in your own weights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    If you're only doing M++ content, I'd really go with the Leg neck. Maybe you could squeeze out like 2% dps from not playing it, but is it really worth passing on this shield ? Especially when playing content with regular opportunities to screw up and die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    usually the sheer stats on a legendary outweight the alternatives unless you have an item on 895.
    The question is if you use default stats from Mr Robot or put in your own weights.
    That only really works on items with Primary stats, for a lot of classes an 840 item can be better than a Legendary Ring/Neck if the stats aren't right. This is blizzard's fault in design and they are aware of it.

However I'd say that the Shield buff you get is worth the difference in Secondary stats here. Use the legendary, you can utilize it together with stuns/CC to get extra shields off in combat.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, this:

"The damage absorb neck doesn't feel great for tanks, but there are changes that can be made to make it better."

It´s not a promise but it´s on their screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    People seem to forget that the class neck gives 5 extra rage everytime you charge. During a fight that's a lot of free rage you can spend on abilities. I would go for the class neck 100% especially when it's of the Savant.