Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Do you have a "trash day" in your week?

Like, a day to eat all the caloric stuff in the market. Pringles, Ruffles and a lot of Doritos.

Usually during the week I keep a regular, balanced diet. On weekends though...well.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, yes in the weekends I tend to let loose with all of the food "restrictions". Peanuts, all kinds of nuts, potato chips, nacho chips, anything crunchy is being chewed on lol.

Btw, your avatar sort of reminds me of this 4 chan post: http://i.imgur.com/QBEexyc.jpg

Lately I've been staying away from anything carbonated or excessive amounts of carbs. Not really a health nut or anything I just needed a diet change. I have a cheat meal a week and usually I want it to land on a saturday or sunday night while I'm gaming =D.

Deleted
    Yes, its important to do this if you are trying to lose weight and trying to maintain a calorie deficit.

"Cheat days" help to stop your body adjusting to the new calorific input which would mean burning less calories per day.

The issue however is that its generally people with low willpower who have the trouble with weight, and it becomes increasingly easier to "cheat" on your diet if you have cheat days.

Cheat days are shit.

Cheat meals are good.

Deleted
    One Cheat meal per week makes your metabolism work faster

im in low-carb diet and then "trash day" turns all of my effort into trash.That's bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheat days are good. Just don't go overkill.

My cheat day is Saturday. I usually treat myself to something sweet and a steak.

I don't watch callories at all, I eat anything and everything I want.
    I'm 35 and weight 120lbs at 5'5".

Good gene lyf
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually Saturday nights when it's bar food and extra whiskey.

Cheat day and I generally do, without it I find myself doing more harm than good.
    Gives me something to look forward to, generally once every 2-3 weeks.

I don't really have a trash day weekly. I'm really health conscious almost 100% of the time. I eat the same breakfasts (frozen waffle or bagel), a homemade meal (usually a small portion) for linner, and if the linner was small then a snack (220 calories of cheese and crackers) in the evening.

Occasionally (meaning usually 10+ days in between) I'll eat something out for linner or I'll buy something sugary for my snack like cake, but even then I'm still portion-conscious so it doesn't make a huge difference in my overall diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    During the cutting phase I have only cheat meal, usually on Fridays, NO cheat day.

Bulk cycle is another story, I eat a lot of shit then.

Sunday through Saturday, why I work out twice a day 7 days a week.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    Btw, your avatar sort of reminds me of this 4 chan post: http://i.imgur.com/QBEexyc.jpg
    Hahaha, what the hell...

Deleted
    It is very tempting to say Monday.
    Last edited by mmoc5ad735f57e; 2016-12-18 at 04:20 PM.

Ohhhhhh yeah. Last week Thursday was my Mom's birthday, so we got Chinese for dinner. I got not one, not two, but THREE items. A small chicken and broccoli, a small chicken fried rice, and a small chicken lo mein. (Actually I shared the fried rice.) I love pigging out in fast food with large quantities. It makes me happy even now just to know how full I was.

To put that in perspective, since then I've eaten a measly frozen bagel and 70% of a planet's worth of food, per day, only. Maybe next Monday, when I'm on vacation, I'll probably be horrible and treat myself to a milkshake, daily for the week.

Deleted
    I don't really have any trash day myself and I always try to eat healthy. With that being said I usually eat a bit of chocolate, pizza or whatever each day. Then again, I also eat have a kilo broccoli each day and exercise a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tini View Post
    One Cheat meal per week makes your metabolism work faster
    Whenever I plateau in weight, I have a cheat weekend. I don't really eat too much more, just change up what I'm eating to Pizza and fun stuff like that. The next week I break through 90% of the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't do cheat days, but to be fair, I'm not as highly active as I once was. I'm also trying to gain weight at the moment, which is freaking hard when you eat healthy. The snacks I do have tend to be nuts or Triscuits. I would love to have some ice cream occasionally, but I have to avoid sugar now for health reasons. A cheat day for me now would probably be lots of cheese. Mmmmm cheese... Screw it. I'm going to have pizza for dinner tonight. First I read the sushi thread and now this and I'm hungry.