Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yeah and you and Blizzard still haven't figured it out. It doesn't matter how much you try and attract people to do normal, they aren't going to do it unless they can click a button and queue for it.

Most of the people running only LFR generally aren't doing normal because they don't want to deal with the people or the crazy expectations some groups have. It doesn't matter what you put in " real raiding " the vast majority of people don't want to do it.
    This way at least some people do normal.

But i agree normal raids should be queueable and never be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    This way at least some people do normal.

But i agree normal raids should be queueable and never be nerfed.
    Most of the people doing normal though are people that would do normal anyways tbh. I do normal, heck even done a couple of bosses on heroic, but I would have anyways.

I'm guessing the number of people that have been lured into normal because of any incentive Blizzard tried to place on it is probably a very few percentage of the people doing lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Come again?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137419/c...bonus=1727%3A0

Also once again doesn't matter. Someone is not going to drop there 890 epic for a 845 set piece. There is zero reasons for LFR to be gated at this point.
    This isn't always true. Some specs in the past that have scaled horribly with gear that were later given a 4 piece that made them decent for that tier of content occasionally traded down a lot because not having the 4 set made their spec's numbers terrible otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I guess you're being snarky toward someone else, since I never touched on the business end of the concept.

I'm sure that other guy that you're talking about feels very bad now, though.
    "They should release raids at the same time!"

"This is why they won't"

"What? What are you talking about? I never said anything about business!"

LFR is consumed quickly compared to N+, ergo Blizzard wants to keep people on the hook longer for more sub money.

Keep up.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Man, you are really showing that other guy. I wonder when he'll be back to see your witty replies to him!
    Nicely deflected. I'm sure mommy is proud.

Doesn't matter if you didn't address the business side of it, since regardless of what you choose to prattle on about, money > your feels.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should keep gating it, just to trigger ppl who only do LFR

PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    lfr is basically old 10 normal done by 25 peoples, but the real problem here is that most of those who hate lfr actually only hate the automated queue because it subtract decision power from the players, if blizzard tomorrow release a manual version called easy most hater would immediately vanish.
    Were do you get this from?

I hate LFR i truly do. But im accepting it.
    And i dont hate it cuz i cant decide who stays or go. Lulz
    I hate it cuz, all LFR heroes says they love it.
    Yet they whine,scream, compain about everything with LFR.
    Cant do that cant do this in there, loot is so unrewarding.
    Thats why i hate it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now I am sure there is going to be people who jump in this thread just to bash me or LFR.

But like the title says there is no reason to gate the release of LFR anymore. With so many ways to get gear and even better get then LFR the reason for gating it is now zero.

Day 1 you can do NM rading, World Quests and even mythic dungeons. All rewarding better then LFR currently does. Then come the 2nd week you can step into Heroic raiding. To be quite honest there is no reason to gate any of the raiding modes but more so LFR.

Now people may say "If its there day 1 people will do it and quit" Well if it isn't there day one what stops them from quitting until its released?

Nothing in LFR is even close to being required and unless you get a sick ilvl drop good chance WQ/Mythic Dungeons and even heroic will be better.

Blizzard needs to start releasing LFR along with the other day modes.

I say this as someone who mainly does LFR and has finished EN NM before the final wing of LFR has released.

Edit: Also posted this on the official forms.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749856602#1
    It's true there's a prestige associated with seeing and beating the place before others... LFR was easy and fun enough to do, If people followed tactics... yet even years of LFR people still don't want to watch 5-10 minute video per boss to learn the proper tactics.. which would spare them a lot of pain.

And LFR Is pretty useless, I've done It once with the quests given from Nightfallen reputation quests and that's It.. you never have to do LFR again. At least In WoD you had weekly incentive In the legendary ring, which as silly as that was actually made you do LFR weekly which was kinda fun... mostly. Not to mention you geared up during that, you did Normal Dungeons, Heroics and then LFR. And you geared up In a perfect curve, despite WoD being terrible towards the late-half of It's expansion It did some things right... here It's all upside down due to World Quests giving you gear left and right as well as warforged out of nowhere, gear doesn't feel rewarding to get anymore.

I will always come back to this: In TBC, the dungeons were tough, you went In hoping to clear It, get some nice loot finally and get out, maybe do It more for reputation or something or other, or just run It with friends to help them out...

I was so happy when I got The Bladefist from Kargath, the real one not the fake one from WoD (Don't like It as much as the TBC one). It was kinda useless to me as a warrior... but It looked epic, and It had RP potential for me as well.

For the last few expansions you just run Into a dungeon, get the "Cloak of randomness" or the "Boots of be quicker" and that's It... just an average gear upgrade, doesn't even sound as epic to wear or aquire.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I'm just pissed because I need Xavius for some shit quest, Legion's out since 2 months now, and they still gating, wonder if Xavius's gonna be up befor 7.1 hit,
    That's a fucking joke. Love it or hate it.

I'm just pissed because I need Xavius for some shit quest, Legion's out since 2 months now, and they still gating, wonder if Xavius's gonna be up befor 7.1 hit,
    That's a fucking joke. Love it or hate it.
    Emerald Nightmare - Raid Finder Wing 3 Open
    The final wing of Emerald Nightmare opens today, allowing you to slay Xavius!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Now I am sure there is going to be people who jump in this thread just to bash me or LFR.

But like the title says there is no reason to gate the release of LFR anymore. With so many ways to get gear and even better get then LFR the reason for gating it is now zero.

Day 1 you can do NM rading, World Quests and even mythic dungeons. All rewarding better then LFR currently does. Then come the 2nd week you can step into Heroic raiding. To be quite honest there is no reason to gate any of the raiding modes but more so LFR.

Now people may say "If its there day 1 people will do it and quit" Well if it isn't there day one what stops them from quitting until its released?

Nothing in LFR is even close to being required and unless you get a sick ilvl drop good chance WQ/Mythic Dungeons and even heroic will be better.

Blizzard needs to start releasing LFR along with the other day modes.

I say this as someone who mainly does LFR and has finished EN NM before the final wing of LFR has released.

Edit: Also posted this on the official forms.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749856602#1

There is alot of stupidity in this post...

Lets start with gear. You are compairing M dungeon and Normal raid gear to LFR. LFR loot should be compaired to nm/hc dungeon gear. M/M+ dungeons are not available via automated matchmaking bullshit. Neither is normal raid.
    And LFR gear is way superior to heroic dungeon loot. Seems good, no?

Heroic raids are available from the same week as normal...

The reason for lfr being gated is to motivate people to step into higher difficulties of raiding. Not being able to see last boss early unless going into raid is a nice carrot.

And you, if you already cleared normal, then LFR is not designed for you... You should start progress on heroic difficulty if you cared about character progression.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they gate the other difficulties, then they can do the same to the 'other one'.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I think the gate is the nice way of Blizzard saying "you are not supposed to do this Sh%@#", "go do normal".
    Well said Blizzard

/Selfprops
    Yeah that philosophy of trying to push people into raiding really worked out for them in WoD. Pretty bizarre they are doing it again with Legion tbh.

if anything they need to reduce the ilevel needed for LFR simply because it would serve those with many alts
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah that philosophy of trying to push people into raiding really worked out for them in WoD. Pretty bizarre they are doing it again with Legion tbh.
    But they aren't.
    They are saying "if you want to see this raid while it's fresh and brand new, go form a group"
    not "raid or die lol that's the only endgame"

The ilvl gap between lfr and the highest end wasnt as big as it js now as well. I suspect even with tier bonuses it maybe be prwtty fucking useless unless they raise the ilvl on lfr.
    Well it is also pretty easy to ignore now for non-raiders unlike MoP and dungeon lovers are getting content and a viable endgame again. Not sure what people mean by saying devs did a reversal on LFR from WoD. It is still still easier than the wipefest of MoP and gear ilvl is still low. What the devs did a reversal on was expecting raid content to keep non-raiders busy and actually give non-raiders content and their endgame back.
    But they aren't.
    They are saying "if you want to see this raid while it's fresh and brand new, go form a group"
    not "raid or die lol that's the only endgame"
    *Shhh* they are trying to push an agenda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    It's true there's a prestige associated with seeing and beating the place before others... LFR was easy and fun enough to do, If people followed tactics... yet even years of LFR people still don't want to watch 5-10 minute video per boss to learn the proper tactics.. which would spare them a lot of pain.

And LFR Is pretty useless, I've done It once with the quests given from Nightfallen reputation quests and that's It.. you never have to do LFR again. At least In WoD you had weekly incentive In the legendary ring, which as silly as that was actually made you do LFR weekly which was kinda fun... mostly. Not to mention you geared up during that, you did Normal Dungeons, Heroics and then LFR. And you geared up In a perfect curve, despite WoD being terrible towards the late-half of It's expansion It did some things right... here It's all upside down due to World Quests giving you gear left and right as well as warforged out of nowhere, gear doesn't feel rewarding to get anymore.

I will always come back to this: In TBC, the dungeons were tough, you went In hoping to clear It, get some nice loot finally and get out, maybe do It more for reputation or something or other, or just run It with friends to help them out...

I was so happy when I got The Bladefist from Kargath, the real one not the fake one from WoD (Don't like It as much as the TBC one). It was kinda useless to me as a warrior... but It looked epic, and It had RP potential for me as well.

For the last few expansions you just run Into a dungeon, get the "Cloak of randomness" or the "Boots of be quicker" and that's It... just an average gear upgrade, doesn't even sound as epic to wear or aquire.
    You know, for some people the enjoyment lies in figuring the fight out by themselves, or in learning by doing. Honestly, I have raiding experience from late Classic to late Cata, with LFR afterwards, and I usually don't need any video guides. I did watched one for Archimonde, though, and I will surely watch the one on Gul'dan, but most other bosses are easy enough for my experience.

I just don't want to commit to any organised actitivies besides occasional one-time runs (complicated work hours and RL things which just destroy any raid schedule options for me), thus LFR is the only thing left for me to see the raid content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    If they gate the other difficulties, then they can do the same to the 'other one'.
    How is releasing a complete raid or a complete raid with a small delay comparable to releasing parts of the raid with 2 weeks of delay between each wing?

Mythic raiders want to be first to experience bosses? And how about me? I don't care about Mythic raiders and their desire to kill bosses before me. What I care about - is hype of being able to be involved into raiding at day one, when new patch arrives. That was whole problem with raiding before LFR was implemented - when new raid was released, everybody was starting to talk about bosses, tactics, gear, etc. And I felt, like I was thrown out of raiding. That I was standing on the roadside of raiding road. Patch 4.3 fixed this problem for me. But almost immediately (with release of MOP) gating was implemented, that returned this problem back, where it was. And now I don't care about raiding anymore. Even about LFR. Dunno about Legion, but back in MOP and WOD LFR wasn't worth wasting time in it. In MOP LFR was extremely overtuned. And in WOD all rewards were removed from it, so Garrison and Appexis dailies were more viable, than LFR.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Mythic raiders want to be first to experience bosses? And how about me? I don't care about Mythic raiders and their desire to kill bosses before me. What I care about - is hype of being able to be involved into raiding at day one, when new patch arrives. That was whole problem with raiding before LFR was implemented - when new raid was released, everybody was starting to talk about bosses, tactics, gear, etc. And I felt, like I was thrown out of raiding. That I was standing on the roadside of raiding road. Patch 4.3 fixed this problem for me. But almost immediately (with release of MOP) gating was implemented, that returned this problem back, where it was. And now I don't care about raiding anymore. Even about LFR. Dunno about Legion, but back in MOP and WOD LFR wasn't worth wasting time in it. In MOP LFR was extremely overtuned. And in WOD all rewards were removed from it, so Garrison and Appexis dailies were more viable, than LFR.
    LFR =/= raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    LFR =/= raiding
    R in LFR = raid, even Blizzard themselves confirmed it. You're nobody here to draw the line, where you want. If lower difficulty of content isn't part of this content, then everything below Mythic isn't raiding too according to the same logic.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-01-19 at 12:57 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.