Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    I have an 880 one and it procs decent enough to use in lower mythic dungeons. When i started doing high mythics killing specific ads is better so I always swap back to Spiked Tongue or 850 Shock Baton.

I don't use it in raids.
    Thanks, that was what i was curious about.

Shame they undertuned so many trinkets that theres only 3-4 really good ones.

Bough is actually decent now. It now procs from DoT's and starfall so it's AoE is very strong as well.

Bough is quite strong on AoE, that's right. I did BRH for Kara attunement today and put Bough on. Trinket did solid 10-13% total damage on trash, on the other hand it did about 4% on 2 bosses, and didn't proc at all on another 2 bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Bough is quite strong on AoE, that's right. I did BRH for Kara attunement today and put Bough on. Trinket did solid 10-13% total damage on trash, on the other hand it did about 4% on 2 bosses, and didn't proc at all on another 2 bosses.
    4 % isn't that horrible to be fair, my 880 plaguehive usually lands around 4 % on ST raid fights, same with my 855 shock baton.

Deleted
    so i got the trinkets

wriggling sinew, ilvl 870 from weekly quest (do 4 mythic runs)

currently i've equipped

840 ilvl naraxas spiked tongue

860 ilvl unstable arcanocrystal

- in my bags. i've

845 corrupted starlight

830 devilsaut shock-baton (with 150 haste gem)I

840 chrono shard..

I assume my currently equipped are my correct choices.

socketed shock baton might eat it out, you should sim

Seems most WQ and dungeon dropped trinkets got a silent nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Is Naraxas better than shock baton even if only 10 ilvl above?
    I have both that are 10 ilvl apart. The proc on Shock baton 835 did more damage on average as it procced more often, it also seemed to proc a lot when I was AoEing. My Naraxas at 845 could do the same amount on some fights if I was lucky, it usually did not. The shock baton usually did double the damage.

Then you need to figure if the crit beats the mastery. I found shock baton to be better over all. I have both still but use a 880 twisting winds with a socket and a 865 sinew. I also found horn of valor at 850 to be better in general due to the proc lasting the same amount of time as incarnation, I traded that out for the alchemy trinket due to way higher up time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    so i got the trinkets

wriggling sinew, ilvl 870 from weekly quest (do 4 mythic runs)

currently i've equipped

840 ilvl naraxas spiked tongue

860 ilvl unstable arcanocrystal

- in my bags. i've

845 corrupted starlight

830 devilsaut shock-baton (with 150 haste gem)I

840 chrono shard..

I assume my currently equipped are my correct choices.
    Shock baton over naraxus. Chrono shard may be in the equation depending on your haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I have both that are 10 ilvl apart. The proc on Shock baton 835 did more damage on average as it procced more often, it also seemed to proc a lot when I was AoEing. My Naraxas at 845 could do the same amount on some fights if I was lucky, it usually did not. The shock baton usually did double the damage.

Then you need to figure if the crit beats the mastery. I found shock baton to be better over all. I have both still but use a 880 twisting winds with a socket and a 865 sinew. I also found horn of valor at 850 to be better in general due to the proc lasting the same amount of time as incarnation, I traded that out for the alchemy trinket due to way higher up time.

- - - Updated - - -

Shock baton over naraxus. Chrono shard may be in the equation depending on your haste.
    I simmed it, spiked tongue 2k more dps. baton does 10k spiked tongue 12k

Also keep in mind some fights do not warrant themselves for optimal Naraxus usage such as Ursoc, Elerethe, and Xavius

I have:
    840 Naraxxas
    845 Shock Baton w/ Socket
    880 Wriggling Sinew
    875 Bough of Corruption
    865 Unstable Horrorslime

Even after the patch it still seems like Naraxxas/Shock Baton is my best choice for raiding and really good for m+ if I need to focus single target. Am I wrong? I hate that the item level doesn't seem to matter

Quote Originally Posted by Druidking View Post
    I have:
    840 Naraxxas
    845 Shock Baton w/ Socket
    880 Wriggling Sinew
    875 Bough of Corruption
    865 Unstable Horrorslime

Even after the patch it still seems like Naraxxas/Shock Baton is my best choice for raiding and really good for m+ if I need to focus single target. Am I wrong? I hate that the item level doesn't seem to matter
    I'd swap Nnaraxxas/Baton for Horrorslime when killing trash. It's really good. Just don't forget to swap it back for bosses.

Deleted
    870 bough of corruption
    880 nythandra trinket
    835 shockbaton
    840 chronoshard
    845 naraxxas

Opinions guys? Ive been using naraxxas+nythandra(this ones a given imo) but i am unsure if the bough wins out after the buff or if the shockbaton/chronoshard has some uses(fights that doesnt utilize naraxxas like ursoc etc due to short range)

Is Twisting Winds any good now? Although I have a 885 one with 880 Nynth trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    I simmed it, spiked tongue 2k more dps. baton does 10k spiked tongue 12k
    I am just going off live. I did about 20 fights with both. baton was around 3-7% of my damage. Tongue has been doing 3-5% of my damage. Baton was 5-7 on majority of the fights though, I just had a few fights where it barely procced.

I was also told that baton doesn't sim properly so I decided to go off the bases that I should test it personally. Tongue seems to barely proc as well and found it was horrible in certain situations compared to baton- AOE/Cleave and if you are close to the boss. I didn't do the 20 fights on aoe/cleave or a boss I sat close to.

So outside of sims I found it was lacking behind but I don't use either anymore. The int from Twisting winds Titanforge I got was way to strong, still mixed emotions about sinew.

EDIT** I forgot to mention that I was using this when I was 845 Ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted01 View Post
    Is Twisting Winds any good now? Although I have a 885 one with 880 Nynth trinket.
    The proc sucks even on AoE to be honest. I use it because the Ilvl gives so much int on it that it is a damage increase compared to the one 30 ilvl under it. Twisting is usually 1-2% damage if that. I hate the trinket but I rolled a mythic one with a socket so I can't complain.

Deleted
    I am just going off live. I did about 20 fights with both. baton was around 3-7% of my damage. Tongue has been doing 3-5% of my damage. Baton was 5-7 on majority of the fights though, I just had a few fights where it barely procced.

I was also told that baton doesn't sim properly so I decided to go off the bases that I should test it personally. Tongue seems to barely proc as well and found it was horrible in certain situations compared to baton- AOE/Cleave and if you are close to the boss. I didn't do the 20 fights on aoe/cleave or a boss I sat close to.

So outside of sims I found it was lacking behind but I don't use either anymore. The int from Twisting winds Titanforge I got was way to strong, still mixed emotions about sinew.

- - - Updated - - -

The proc sucks even on AoE to be honest. I use it because the Ilvl gives so much int on it that it is a damage increase compared to the one 30 ilvl under it. Twisting is usually 1-2% damage if that. I hate the trinket but I rolled a mythic one with a socket so I can't complain.

i actually found 870 sinew mixed feelings as well.

Yea, I kinda have the same scenario I'm pretty much using it only because it is 885 ilvl. But the Nynth one is pretty OP tho.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, I kinda have the same scenario I'm pretty much using it only because it is 885 ilvl. But the Nynth one is pretty OP tho.

Deleted
    860 Unstable Arcanocrystal
    860 Deteriorated Construct Core
    840 Corrupted Starlight
    840 Stormsinger Fulmination Charge

Which one for boomkin? Also should I be going for trinkets with intelligence or with some secondary stat and a AoE proc effect?

Any idea as to how Aran's Relaxing Ruby would perform? I'm assuming it's meh for ST (read somewhere it had a RPPM of 0.92 procs/min, dunno if affected by haste), but could it be good in AoE situations?

Right now I'm running 850 Plaguehive + 850 Twisting Wind (with speed, yay me).
    Also got :
    - 860 Aran's Relaxing Ruby
    - 850 Wriggling Sinew
    - 840 Naraxas
    - 830 Shock-baton
    - 840 haste stat-stick

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geowulf View Post
    860 Unstable Arcanocrystal
    860 Deteriorated Construct Core
    840 Corrupted Starlight
    840 Stormsinger Fulmination Charge

Which one for boomkin? Also should I be going for trinkets with intelligence or with some secondary stat and a AoE proc effect?
    As far as I'm aware the Unstable Arcanocrystal is BiS right now, but I don't think the Kara trinkets have been simmed yet (at least not on AMR), it's quite possible the Construct Core would be very good in stacked AoE.

Testing 3 minute(incarnation 'til up), 860 Aran's falls slightly behind 850 Plaguehive on one target(around 2k difference after 5 tests of each), but is significantly ahead on anymore. ~3-4% more DPS than Plague on 2 targets. On trash, Aran procs are very significant and grow exponentially by pack size.

I'm thinking Plaguehive for fights where ST is all that matters and use Aran's everywhere else.

Sim for Aran's seems off by a large margin. Wouldn't trust.

Edit:'kay, in my gear (859) Aran's proc is worth 276k DPM while Plaguehive is worth 422k DPM. On two targets, Aran's is worth 552k DPM and that increases linearly on larger packs. Plaguehive barely goes up, if at all.

I'm thinking for 90% of what we do, Aran's is just simply better. Its aoe damage is insane.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-10-29 at 07:22 PM.