Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral borderline unplayable on raid night due to bugs.

xpost from bnet druid forum but can't post links.

If moonfire procs Ashamane's bite rip copy while bloodtalons buff is up, it will consume 1 stack of BT with 0 benefit. Easily confirmable on target dummy if you want to try yourself. Can easily result in huge DPS losses by causing accidental non BT finishers

Shred randomly doesn't generate combo points or deal damage but eats energy. Seems to have a dead zone, moving out of it will allow you to do damage with it again. Definitely not parry/block. Extremely noticable in PVP making feral nearly, if not completely, unplayable at the moment.

Regrowth has a 1.5 second GCD as opposed to the 1 second GCD of all other feral abilities and old healing touch.

Ailuro Pouncers currently eat all of your Predatory Swiftness stacks when using regrowth, making the legendary pretty much pointless.

Also since i was playing tank tonight because feral somehow made it through PTR in this state i accidentally instantly killed the tank i was linked with on Elerthe because i pressed my artifact ability. Another fantastic feature of a fantastic patch

Yeah druids seem to have gotten shafted pretty hard by the bugs. Especially the shred one, wtf?!

The 1.5 sec GCD on Regrowth is fucking killing me.
    I have the Alurio Pouncers legendary feet, and can basically do F all now, times all completely out.

Shred randomly doesn't generate combo points or deal damage but eats energy.

I noticed this when just testing on the dummy this morning, I thought I was being parried/blocked but I made sure to be 100% behind the target and it was occasionally happening, really annoying.

Both the shred thing above, and regrowth are known bugs so I suppose they'll fix them asap in a hotfix.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749718520
    Last edited by Thorim; 2016-10-26 at 10:05 AM.

The first bug isn't new at all(reported it myself almost 3 weeks ago), and it definitely doesn't cause any massive DPS loss(and if it does you're playing badly in the first place).
    Shred bug apparently only happens when you're on the right side of the mob(as in the opposite side of left), meaning you can apparently sort of play around it.
    Regrowth's GCD doesn't matter that much because we're not GCD locked anyway.
    Ailuro Pouncers can once again be played around to minimize the loss(and only affects the gain from the legendary itself, you're not losing damage compared to not having it)

The sky is not falling, the Shred and Regrowth bugs will probably get fixed pretty soon, calm down.

Also you missed the bug where Open Wounds doesn't get refreshed properly by BitW FB.

EDIT: The Shred bug only happens when you're attacking from the front/right side of the boss(seen from in front of the target). Attacking from the back/left works.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-10-26 at 10:22 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorryg View Post
    xpost from bnet druid forum but can't post links.

If moonfire procs Ashamane's bite rip copy while bloodtalons buff is up, it will consume 1 stack of BT with 0 benefit. Easily confirmable on target dummy if you want to try yourself. Can easily result in huge DPS losses by causing accidental non BT finishers

Shred randomly doesn't generate combo points or deal damage but eats energy. Seems to have a dead zone, moving out of it will allow you to do damage with it again. Definitely not parry/block. Extremely noticable in PVP making feral nearly, if not completely, unplayable at the moment.

Regrowth has a 1.5 second GCD as opposed to the 1 second GCD of all other feral abilities and old healing touch.

Ailuro Pouncers currently eat all of your Predatory Swiftness stacks when using regrowth, making the legendary pretty much pointless.

Also since i was playing tank tonight because feral somehow made it through PTR in this state i accidentally instantly killed the tank i was linked with on Elerthe because i pressed my artifact ability. Another fantastic feature of a fantastic patch
    Noticed that myself trying to level tonight, was mildly annoying.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The first bug isn't new at all(reported it myself almost 3 weeks ago), and it definitely doesn't cause any massive DPS loss(and if it does you're playing badly in the first place).
    Shred bug apparently only happens when you're on the right side of the mob(as in the opposite side of left), meaning you can apparently sort of play around it.
    Ailuro Pouncers can once again be played around to minimize the loss(and only affects the gain from the legendary itself, you're not losing damage compared to not having it)

The sky is not falling, the Shred and Regrowth bugs will probably get fixed pretty soon, calm down.

Also you missed the bug where Open Wounds doesn't get refreshed properly by BitW FB.

EDIT: The Shred bug only happens when you're attacking from the front/right side of the boss(seen from in front of the target). Attacking from the back/left works.
    The shred bug happens no matter where you are from what I saw testing on the dummies. I was directly behind and it still happened, as well as back left/back right. It isn't super common though only happens occasionally.

I think I had read the deadzone is dependant on where you are facing in regards to the target.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our feral still parsed a 99 on heroic last night!

TBH, this is the most frustrating bug(?) for me. After playing feral for so long it's all muscle memory and I go to heal and rip, heal doesn't go but rip will. At first I thought it was due to lag on patch night or something, until I tested it out and saw the GCD.

That Shred bug makes Feral almost unplayable in pvp and the dead zone isn't consistent with a certain area of the target. This kind of bug should not have lasted more than 24 hours so people should not be calm and should be raising hell about it until it gets fixed. Seems to be the only way to get Blizzard to do things these days anyways.

Yeah because having a charge of bloodtalons at 4 cp, going to refresh moonfire and having it eat the charge, then ripping without BT is clearly terrible play on my part and not a big dps loss? Guy's don't get mad when you cannot play your spec competitively without being severely hindered in pvp and pve due to bugs that have lasted over 24 hours without any eta for fixes or acknowledgement from blizzard. nice m e m e
    Last edited by Gorryg; 2016-10-26 at 04:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was on the world boss last night directly behind and thought I was lagging but then I noticed was energy was being used. The shred bug most definitely isn't just to the right side. What makes the least sense is how did these bugs get introduced when there weren't any documented changes to Feral.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I was on the world boss last night directly behind and thought I was lagging but then I noticed was energy was being used. The shred bug most definitely isn't just to the right side. What makes the least sense is how did these bugs get introduced when there weren't any documented changes to Feral.
    err

In this patch, a large number of changes are made to improve the order and flow of abilities gained while leveling all classes.

In many cases, the level 1-10 abilities that introduce the class have changed.
    Many special bonuses and features for class abilities are now granted by upgrades that are learned at a later level.
    This applies to every spec for every class other than Death Knights and Demon Hunters.
    Examples:
    Druids below level 10 now use Wrath and Moonfire as their primary damage abilities, rather than Shred and Ferocious Bite.
    While Smite will still be the first spell given to Priests at level 1, the added absorb shield effect will be an upgrade learned by Discipline at level 36, as the purpose of that effect is to add to healing in group content.
    Rogues will start leveling with an ability that attacks with one weapon and generates one combo point. Rogues who choose Assassination specialization will replace that ability with Mutilate at level 40.
    They changed spells for almost every spec in the game. Plus everyone knows that wow's code is extremely convoluted at this point. And things always break.

Unplayable sounds rather hyperbolic, had my best mythic ursoc kill to date, and everything else was expected performance. And this is coming from someone dealing with the shred bug and the legendary boots bug.

Things will get fixed, but other issues have to be prioritized.
    Last edited by Kraineth; 2016-10-26 at 05:18 PM.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I am far more worried about the new sims from noxicc for 7.1. We were 2nd on the list for single target damage in 7.0. The new sims for 7.1 have us 3rd bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    I am far more worried about the new sims from noxicc for 7.1. We were 2nd on the list for single target damage in 7.0. The new sims for 7.1 have us 3rd bottom.
    Someone brought that up on the official forums and investigation showed that the sims were using an absolutely terrible APL for Feral, causing damage to be severely reduced below what could be achieved on live.

In general it's best not to pay any attention to sims until some time has passed after a major patch to get them all sorted out. Although Noxxic itself is always pretty bad and you should find more reputable sources anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    You should really forget that website even exists. It always gives terrible, inaccurate information.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

So I wasn't crazy, that shred bug killed me twice

To be fair, that Renferal bug is hilarious. I mean, it's not funny if you're trying to progress, but it was funny watching the DH trying to figure out why he was made of paper.

So looking at logs from Mythic yesterday Feral was out healed by Warlocks(By a LOT), Shadow Priests, Demon Hunters, Warriors, Monks, Mages and Rogues.

Why does Feral need to have terrible target switching and horrible AoE?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...mount&sample=1

As far as the change from Healing Touch to Regrowth - Total healing was about the same, +/- 10% depending on which percentile you look at, but overhealing went way up.

Looking at some individual logs overhealing was 50% higher with Regrowth so much less effective healing than Healing Touch.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2016-10-27 at 10:23 AM.