Poll: How did you find the Karazhan dungeon to be?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what It's really meant to be tuned for

I've done it twice, both groups were above average of 850 and we had no problems

But of course that begs the question, who is Kara aimed at?

I feel like some of the earlier bosses are overtuned for what they drop.

This would never be a problem for myself, but I can definitely see more casual players getting stuck and struggling with Kara without outgearing it.

Moroes and Curator in particular, the DPS and healing requirements just feel way in excess of what they should be for bosses that drop 855 gear.

Maiden of Virtue and Attumen are also quite difficult for what they drop but they're also optional (and attumen drops a mount) so I think It's fine that they're harder.

Later bosses are tuned fine for what they drop, in fact arguably undertuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    As a i850 person - Yep. Feels a bit overtuned. It was very doable (as far as I got, I had to leave at Curator) but we had several wipes per boss. Attumen seemed to be the easiest of the first four.
    you arnt even started, curator is where it starts to get hard
    the last 3 bosses show where its REALLY overtuend
    the mana wyrm is a very hard boss, once you know what number amount of mana your group can handle at a time, it becomes easier, but it will def take atleast 4-5 attempts, without very good gear

I wonder how all the 845 pug hopefuls are doing

It was alright. Pretty overtuned, though. In an 870+ group it's simple as long as you know the basic mechanics, but if you go in there in like the 855 that it starts dropping then you're gonna need to pretty tightly execute those fights; much more tightly relative to the rewards than any other content in the game right now outside of mythic+10 (which is also arguably overtuned, what with the oneshots if you're in the same ilvl that the difficulty drops) or mythic raids. If you enter it in the 840 that drops off of normal mythics (which presumably is how the progression is supposed to work?) then you're in for a real hard time. Not gonna be a lot of room for error in that group vs. the curator, for example.

Blizz said they could go crazy with the loot rewards since you can only do the place once a week, but we weren't very impressed. Outside of one guy who rolled a legendary off Moroes, I think one guy replaced 860 pants with 865 pants and that was it. Then we get an 850 ring for clearing the instance? What's that supposed to be, an insult?

I guess if you can speed it up to about a 1 hour clear then it's alright. But not exactly impressive.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2016-10-28 at 06:19 AM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Cleared with guildies in around 870 ilvl. Was pretty ok, some wipes here and there. In a guild group with people around 850 ilvl I'm sure we could do it still but it'd be more of a progress thing, which is how is intended I think.

However, the problem is that due to WQ's, mythic+ (boosting) and EN dropping better loot with way less effort Kara becomes somewhat irrelevant for gearing for anyone. Because the people who need to loot can't clear it and those who can easily clear it have no reason to. I guess it could be nice for gearing alts but for more that stupidly long corpse runs just kill the place, wiping shouldn't be that punishing and hence it's easier to just do WQ / mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    As a i850 person - Yep. Feels a bit overtuned. It was very doable (as far as I got, I had to leave at Curator) but we had several wipes per boss. Attumen seemed to be the easiest of the first four.
    It's supposed to be a mini raid for 5-man groups, what the fuck does everyone mean "overtuned"?

You SHOULD wipe a few times per boss, you should progress on a boss by boss basis not go in there and 1shot everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    It's supposed to be a mini raid for 5-man groups, what the fuck does everyone mean "overtuned"?

You SHOULD wipe a few times per boss, you should progress on a boss by boss basis not go in there and 1shot everything.
    If it's a mini raid harder than nightmare heroic (I think it is), it needs to be dropping 865. Otherwise, what's the point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Sigh. When I saw the PTR feedback thread I figured this would be overtuned relatative to the rewards on release. For whatever reason the people that are willing (and have the free time) to test things on the PTR want everything to be ridiculously hard.
    ^ I'm fine with that, in fact, I love it, but 855 is weak. mythic +6 gives me that.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's meant to be challenging, which is fun for some folks, not so much for others.

I think it's fine the way it is, bear run and all.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

the run back from wiping was way too annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with the comments about the corpse run. They really need to make it possible to jump over the railings and down into the Opera House audience or create an entry point after the Opera Event once you have killed it.

Difficulty seemed about right as you have to pay attention to mechanics and communicate: it's absolutely not somewhere I would ever want to pug: that would easily turn very quickly into an exercise I'm frustration.

Personally I absolutely loved the place, was fun being able to talk to all the old Opera Event characters (especially the wolf, but I won't spoil that for anyone who hasn't been yet) and I thought that all the 'courtesans' before Maiden being reformed now was a funny touch.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine really, it drops loot of ilvl comparable to M+6/7 and even M+8/9, so of course it's not supposed to be a complete walk in the park, besides a lot of failures there are purely because it's new and people don't really know it yet, so they get surprised by some mechanics for trash or bosses, bosses themselves are not really hard.

Definitely a bit overtuned. I enjoyed it a lot, but the effort required versus the reward (and time investment, hi old school corpse runs) is a pretty huge disparity that I can see leaving it fairly unpopular in the long run, which makes me sad.

That being said, it's a great "guild off-night" kinda thing. I really hope they pursue dungeons like this more, just with a more appropriate ilvl reward.

Deleted
    I LOVE the boss fights.

Gear should be higher thou. And more of it.

I think it was great, I would love to see more of this kind of dungeon in the future. Sadly we didn't know about nightbane when we did it, so we have to go back during the weekend to see if we can get him down aswell.

Also I would love to be able to do it as mythic+ in some capacity, though probably having it outside the regular mythic+ table would be a good idea since for some people it would suck to get a high lvl kara key stone.
    Last edited by Calai; 2016-10-28 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Loved it! GJ blizz. One of the best additions to the expansion so far. However, the gear ilvl could be a tad higher.

Deleted
    I went in with an 870 group, but maybe if you were an 850 group it would feel like an actual raid where you have actual progress instead of clearing the whole thing in a couple of hours.

Did my first run yesterday and I loved it as far as mechanics and aesthetics go!

Rewards-wise I'd agree that it's overtuned, i.e. I feel that the difficulty is comparable to heroic EN but the rewards are somewhat weaker. I suppose Blizz intended this to be a 5-man "raid" in the sense that it should be challenging and require coordination - and they definitely succeeded in that, but I think the itemlevel of the rewards could do with a 5-level buff.

Quote Originally Posted by arazboy View Post
    So after a while of people clearing Karazhan (or wiping) how did you find the experience of the dungeon in a whole?

Haven't done it yet, because I just don't feel like spending 4 hours in a pug.

I don't know, I was hoping I didn't have to go to that place at all.
    I don't get why Blizzard wastes time on dungeons when the game is next to unplayable.

There are other issues that they really need to focus on.

Didn't even start the attunement process yet.