Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's because there's still quite a few concerns surrounding flying mounts, even though it is a good start with the unlock being announced.

We don't actually know exactly what the requirements are for Part 2 are. Could be more time-gating through Order Hall missions again. Could be more rep grind. We also don't know what content will be coming with 7.2, or if flight will be usable on any new content after 7.2. It's still a game mechanic which causes issues for Blizzard's content design, and could stand to be improved or better integrated. There's still the issue of the legitimate requests by players for further ground-only content.

Plenty of stuff left to discuss as long as people can be civil about it, anyway.
    At this point it is all speculation. We already know what PT1 had in store. Compare it to the Draenor pathfinder, and then fill in the missing elements. Voila. Now you have PT2 figured out. It is not rocket science. It is a video game achievement, and not even a complicated one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Because I reply to different people and none of them were directed at you. This is a public discussion forum, I don't treat everyone like they're the same person who's already heard my statements. If you have a problem with that, deal with it.
    Pretty sure they are familiar with your rhetoric. It's the same basic post every other time in this thread and the mega thread. Flight is being unlocked, and the meta should be easily attained. Not much to discuss, yet your statements still sound like you are admonishing Blizz for not doing it sooner and for infracting the civil rights of players.

We're getting flight. We'll get the details about 7.2 soon enough. Not sure what else there really is to say on the subject of unlocking flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    So, they fix PvP gear and balancing... what will you complain about next? Texture resolution on your Draenei? The ass of your mount is too wide? There are too many high mountains in the sky you have to fly around? It's just always something with you, and Mafic. Not sure either of you will ever be happy with this game.
    If they fix PVP gear and balancing, I will happily cheer them for at least the duration of Legion, possibly for the duration of the expansion following it as well. I am not asking for much, I would be fine with them simply undoing some of the changes they did, because they were a big step back (but I am open to them fixing it in other ways as well).

We're getting flight. We'll get the details about 7.2 soon enough. Not sure what else there really is to say on the subject of unlocking flight.
    Then don't say anything. I don't know why you're trying to drag me into your bubble of ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Omg i get to shift into an owlbeast and fly omg.
    I so can't wait for that It's about time we got an alternative to Stormcrow (which I still love but need a change from).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Or, as design is an iterative process, they hadn't decided in WoD when it would or should come back, and didn't decide until late in the expansion. They said 6.1 not to mislead people, but as an example as to say "We understand you want it, and we agree it should exist, but it may not come back for some time." But as always, the playerbase took that as a promise to release it in 6.1, and when they decided 6.1 wasn't the time, the playerbase assumed they were being shitty when they never meant to make it a promise.

Similar here. They didn't say anything because last time they said something it became a "promise" and as a "promise" they would either deliver, or fail. Maybe it's not a problem with Blizzard - Maybe it's a problem that the playerbase assumes they have everything already decided for expansions to come. Maybe it's a problem that people assume these decisions were decided ages ago and aren't constantly and repeatedly being rediscussed and changed at a moments notice. Because if we assume these things, it becomes a very toxic environment for no reason whatsoever.
    The initial idea was - to gate flying a little bit. I.e. not to give it at day one, but after several weeks, may be one month. Something similar to how LFR is usually gated to discourage rushing towards max level. That's why most players agreed to wait a little bit. But Blizzard simply lied. First they said "It will return in 6.1". Ghostcrawler said it. I guess, promising such a thing to players - was a reason, why he was fired at the end. But then, when many players said, that they simply won't buy WOD till 6.1, Blizzard had to change their mind toward "Long hard quest line". But then... 6.1 didn't even happen , as long as return of flying in it. I guess Tanaan was going to be released in 6.1, but WOD development was abandoned due to massive loss of players. Now we have the same crap. Blizzard just wanted to see, how long will it take for players to start quitting due to terrible ground content and no flying. But... I'm not sure, if Argus will be a patch or xpack, so I'm not sure, if Argus will be patch at the end, then Blizzard will enable flying there either. May be the whole reason behind returning flying in 7.2 - is the fact, that we will move to another "no flying isle" not long after it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    hopefully it is, I'm all for flight but, I hope it's NOT just que into an auto win scenario and it's done... just worried it'll be a 2-3 hr deal and you got flight. I want it to take some effort.
    2-3 hours is too much. I need it right away. But you can take your time, no worries.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    "Nothing was promised"

No idea what will be required. The timeframe for completing the "achievement" and likewise no timeframe for the re-introduction of flight once we're done. This WILL be another "weeks not months" debacle again and the joyless anti flight luddites will caw and bray all over again. You're getting excited because big daddy blizzard fed you another spoon of sweet lies
    They'll probably make you get all the legion reps to exalted, and the new one to revered or so, and make you kill all the rares or get the treasure finder achievment before.

It'll probably be available once 7.2 launches, but that in and of itself is still at least 8 months away, so w/e

As I've said many times already - no flying isn't a problem for me. Forcing me to play the way, I don't like - is. Not all players are socializers - not all players like overcrowded locations. Not all players like competition - not all players like to fight for limited quest items/mobs. Not all players like lore and exploration - not all players need locations with overcomplicated architecture, jump puzzles, treasures, vistas, etc. Some players, like me, like immersion, fantasy and feel of journey. And Blizzard turn outdoor content into big city at rush hour. It kills all the fantasy and immersion of it. Ok. It's their choice. But flying - is the thing, that helps to avoid all this crap and to make outdoor experience much smoother. I just can't play without it. I can't play game, if I don't enjoy it, sorry.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    As I've said many times already - no flying isn't a problem for me. Forcing me to play the way, I don't like - is. Not all players are socializers - not all players like overcrowded locations. Not all players like competition - not all players like to fight for limited quest items/mobs. Not all players like lore and exploration - not all players need locations with overcomplicated architecture, jump puzzles, treasures, vistas, etc. Some players, like me, like the feel of journey. And Blizzard turn outdoor content into big city at rush hour. It kills all the fantasy and immersion of it. Ok. It's their choice. But flying - is the thing, that helps to avoid all this crap and to make outdoor experience much smoother. I just can't play without it. I can't play game, if I don't enjoy it, sorry.
    lol, people still don't get that having flying enabled is forcing people to play their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    lol, people still don't get that having flying enabled is forcing people to play their way.
    This is hypocrisy. Most players, who are against flying, say, that they need immersion/exploration/world PVP/blah-blah-blah/etc, but at the same time they use flying, cuz they want to be effective, cuz otherwise they will fall behind other players. Do you realize, that this two statements contradict to each other? You just can't want immersion and to be effective at the same time. YOU CAN'T. This things are mutually exclusive. Simply because being effective - means picking the shortest and the fastest way and wanting immersion - means exploring everything as slow, as possible, in order not to miss something. So, if you want immersion, exploration, world PVP, if this is the way, you enjoy the game - then you shouldn't use flying. As simple, as that. But if you want to be effective - then you simply don't need things, like immersion, exploration, world PVP, etc. So. Simple thing - you need to pick one side. Do you need, let's say, immersion or do you need to be effective? Pick one. And if you really need immersion, THEN DON'T FREAKIN FLY. As simple, as that. But if you can't - then you actually don't need immersion, sorry. Why other players have to be forced to play your way, just because YOU can't make this simple choice? It's YOUR problem - not ours. Why should we suffer from the fact, that you lack will power?

TL;DR You demand two mutually exclusive things and say, that flying - is the reason, why your demands can't be satisfied. No, flying isn't the reason. Your mutually exclusive demands, your lack of will power and inability to make simple choice - are the root of the problem.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-11-06 at 10:30 AM.

No one is forcing you to get pathfinder though.

Unlike the situation with flight right now where the option simply doesn't exist, what 7.2 opens up is the option to unlock flying. It is not enabled by default, it is unlocked by choice. This distinction is made more clear when you consider the stats for Draenor Pathfinder that were released showing that only a small percentage of all players unlocked Pathfinder.

Flight isn't for everyone. Some people will get flying and use it for all of 2 minutes. Some people will want flying but be too lazy to do all achievements. But when it comes down to what's being forced on the player, pathfinder is always going to be a choice.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-11-06 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Of course they don't. Just like people on the other side will never see it in their way. The problem with the discussion is that it is based solely on preference and opinion so any attempt to discuss it can always be defected away with another preference or opinion. Typically with the same 3 to 5 points on either side and then the same 4 to 6 people juggle these 3 to 5 points around in circles thinking it has some sort of lasting effect on the big picture. That is why it is important to find a compromise somewhere between the two points where everyone can experience what they enjoy for a given time while also, yes, having to face the sacrifice of also enduring how the other side plays and enjoys the game. This is why pathfinder in the end is a really good solution. Sure we have no flying for a while. We explore, experience, and feel the world under our feet. While we are doing this **MOST** of the achievement naturally progresses if one is bothering to play the game and yes maybe in the end it takes some effort. Then after a certain amount of time these achievements complete, flying unlocks, and the world we all just progressed though in the mud opens up in the air. Now a debate on what is within the achievement and its time table is pretty reasonable. But a debate on the spirit of this compromise or the sacrifice really either side has to give up is kinda insane and unreasonable.

I like the convenience of flying and the new mounts look nice , at least some of them , but I do prefer ground only mounts for immersion sake like you have to find the path across the mountain , instead of flying over it in 10 sec with your shiny dragon - so I will be enjoying the atmosphere till 7.2, WQs will become horrible >.<

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If they fix PVP gear and balancing, I will happily cheer them for at least the duration of Legion, possibly for the duration of the expansion following it as well. I am not asking for much, I would be fine with them simply undoing some of the changes they did, because they were a big step back (but I am open to them fixing it in other ways as well).
    Fair enough. Just feels like everytime they give you one thing you demand, you demand two more. Was just wondering where it stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Then don't say anything. I don't know why you're trying to drag me into your bubble of ignorance.
    I was just trying to figure out why you were stuck in a bubble of babbling... about the same series of words. But, I'm done here. Have a great day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    2-3 hours is too much. I need it right away. But you can take your time, no worries.
    Entitled party of 1, your table is now availalbe. If you learned nothing else from the Draenor pathfinder, you should have figured out there were at least a few things to do. Odds are, there will be at least one new zone and one new rep to grind.

- - - Updated - - -

People will always take the shortest/fastest/easiest route available to them. I like flight. I enjoy it tremendously, but even I am not so blind as to see how it trivializes the content at ground level. I can only imagine the number of mobs skipped if Thunder and Timeless isles got flight. Flight on Azeroth was a Pandora's box. Unfortunately, it can never be shoved back in... hence the new delay tactics. Personally, I don't mind 6-8 months of ground game. I'm in no rush and actually WANT to play the game and experience the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Even though 7.2 will probably be a bit down the road, this is FAR sooner than I was expecting it (nice).

Since they buckled this soon (and even gave a patch for its arrival), I wonder if they have finally dumped the idea of delaying (or removing) flight in future expansions. Time will tell I guess.

Since every expansion has delayed flight in one form or another, and 2 major patches in is NOWHERE near caving, I think you might be delusional.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Since every expansion has delayed flight in one form or another, and 2 major patches in is NOWHERE near caving, I think you might be delusional.
    Pretty sure they are all delusional. WoD gave us flight with 6.2.2, and the ONLY reason it came was as an appeasement, that and a dozen other in game items. Subs were down in WoD for lack of content, and crappy content. Had it been as successful as Legion, they might have succeeded in leaving it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post

Blizzard is perfectly capable of meeting a deadline. In fact, the expansion deadline for expansion being played right now was announced what, eight months ago or something like that (and they came in ahead of that deadline). And an entire expansion has a LOT more moving parts than just flight. Flight, which they somehow managed to have ready as a part of every launch prior to WoD, simply should not have been that hard to pin down a date or patch number for.

If they got grief over how people perceived that, then it was their own doing... because they could have announced it and cleared things up at any time.

Regardless of all of this though, I am glad to see that they bit the bullet and actually made the announcement rather than going the whole intentionally vague route this time. And I think that might actually be a good sign for things to come (flight-wise, at least). This is what I was mostly getting at in my initial post.

Clearly you are one of those people who think ON OR BEFORE dates are a set in stone specific day. They released on the specific date they said they would. Yes, it is before the on or before date, but the first hint of release is ALWAYS the SEASON in which it will be released. In Legion's case it released in Summer of 2016 which ended on September 21st.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    The initial idea was - to gate flying a little bit. I.e. not to give it at day one, but after several weeks, may be one month.
    Source please.

Deleted
    It is the right thing to do. World PvP is only happening at fixed locations anyway.

At this point it is all speculation. We already know what PT1 had in store. Compare it to the Draenor pathfinder, and then fill in the missing elements. Voila. Now you have PT2 figured out. It is not rocket science. It is a video game achievement, and not even a complicated one.
    Except when we did that in comparison to how Pathfinder in WoD was implemented vs Pathfinder in Legion, we would have come to the conclusion that Flight would not be released until the final content patch of the expansion. That caused all kinds of arguments, and I would hope that it's not the plan in Legion. This isn't the simple issue that you seem to think it is.

Even if, for the sake of argument, Part 2 is very short and simple, there's still the issue of improving the mechanics of flight to fit in Blizzard's future design better. I know even people who enjoy ground content use Flying because it's outright more powerful. That's a problem, yeah? Hopefully Blizzard sifted through all the discussions and looked at some of the suggested solutions for upgrading the mount system entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    hopefully it is, I'm all for flight but, I hope it's NOT just que into an auto win scenario and it's done... just worried it'll be a 2-3 hr deal and you got flight. I want it to take some effort.
    Didn't part 1 take some effort?

- - - Updated - - -

People will always take the shortest/fastest/easiest route available to them. I like flight. I enjoy it tremendously, but even I am not so blind as to see how it trivializes the content at ground level. I can only imagine the number of mobs skipped if Thunder and Timeless isles got flight. Flight on Azeroth was a Pandora's box. Unfortunately, it can never be shoved back in... hence the new delay tactics. Personally, I don't mind 6-8 months of ground game. I'm in no rush and actually WANT to play the game and experience the content.
    Just a point of order: Skipping mobs is not the sole domain of flying.

Pretty sure they are all delusional. WoD gave us flight with 6.2.2, and the ONLY reason it came was as an appeasement, that and a dozen other in game items. Subs were down in WoD for lack of content, and crappy content. Had it been as successful as Legion, they might have succeeded in leaving it out.
    Holy shit, your relentless campaign of extreme Blizzard proclamation continues. Let it rest dude. You are trying to pick fights for no reason, and trying to continue pointless fights from the now obsolete thread. Fucking let it go.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "