Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Stop sounding like an old grumpy grandpa.
    Get off me lawn, ye darn whippersnapper! Why when I was your age we had to use a ground mount! It only went 60% faster and we liked it that way! And we had to do it in a snowstorm, with no shoes, with a fever, and a... /old man rant

More seriously: I'm torn. I want flying back because it's nightmarish to go through a zone like stormheim or highmountain being limited to the ground -- just too much stuff is in the way from getting from point A to point B. Emerald winds + slow fall doesn't help much unless you're at a high peak, either. However, the other half of me DOESN'T want flying back because it'd make it all too easy for other players to dodge world PvP, unless I'm rolling up on them while they're already in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not choice. Its the illusion of choice. Its exactly how the old talent trees were. If you wanted to be the most useful at your class, you spec'd the cookie cutter way to maximize your dps. Same goes for flying. Its not really a choice when it comes to ground / or fly. You fly if its there, period.

I really hope for expansion 8.0 they hold out flying until the end patch. Good thing it looks like when we go to Argus in 7.3 we wont be able to fly there. (its not the broken isles, they didn't say anything about flying in new patch content thats not in the broken isles).
    Isn't 7.2 coming with new zone content that has no-flying anyways, making the argument irrelevant except for those who are still catching up with older world content?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

flying is a good thing, still too far away imo but at least its confirmed

mages, pallies and warlocks got fucked with garbage class mounts, everyone else got something unique and cool lookin

Good news. I guess, enough players have left. But I still don't know, if I will buy Legion and resub or not. If flying would simply be enabled for me on some set date - then may be I would buy Legion. But... The whole reason behind this Pathfinder parts - is to hold flying as hostage and to gate it behind all possible content, no matter if I like it or not. So, if I would do Pathfinder at the end - this would mean, that Blizzard would won in this game. I just don't want to spoil my Legion experience via playing content the way, I don't like it, for the first time. No fly - no buy. And it's dead loop. I guess, the way, I will get Legion at the end - is for free, when next xpack will be announced, as it happened with WOD. And then I'll complete Legion content without flying, yeah. But at least it will be playable then, as it won't be intentionally overcrowded by Blizzard.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Get off me lawn, ye darn whippersnapper!
    That's why I said it, because that's what it reminded me of :P

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Why when I was your age we had to use a ground mount! It only went 60% faster and we liked it that way! And we had to do it in a snowstorm, with no shoes, with a fever, and a... /old man rant
    Yeah, I did the whole back in the day thing and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone now.

Damn you, shaman

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Good news. I guess, enough players have left. But I still don't know, if I will buy Legion and resub or not. If flying would simply be enabled for me on some set date - then may be I would buy Legion. But... The whole reason behind this Pathfinder parts - is to hold flying as hostage and to gate it behind all possible content, no matter if I like it or not. So, if I would do Pathfinder at the end - this would mean, that Blizzard would won in this game. I just don't want to spoil my Legion experience via playing content the way, I don't like it, for the first time. No fly - no buy. And it's dead loop. I guess, the way, I will get Legion at the end - is for free, when next xpack will be announced, as it happened with WOD. And then I'll complete Legion content without flying, yeah. But at least it will be playable then, as it won't be intentionally overcrowded by Blizzard.
    Well for me personally, and I know others may feel different, is I don't mind it being gated behind the Pathfinder achievement. You do the content once at least and it satisfies those who say you can't have immersion without being on the ground, again for me does nothing. Also, it gives those who want flying an assurance they'll be getting it and only have to do it once.

I am going to want to do a bunch of optional things in Legion that aren't tied to Pathfinder like pet battles, rare mounts, profession achievements, the rare archeology quests, etc. So I'll have things to do with flying. I wish I didn't have to do all the quests again on the ground, but I suppose that is the price of having played beta. At least I'll be able to do all the leveling quests on an alt with flying, so it will be nice to see the other perspective and get to level my preferred way on a 2nd character. If the mobs in Legion didn't scale, I honestly would just level my main to 110 with the Mantid dig site thing in Pandaria. Maybe I'd finally get that stupid bug mount from Tol'vir crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    hmm i like that idea, maybe a small scenario quest chain before getting the mount will happen? blizz is pretty good for that now, but i would like it for this.
    A small scenario would be nice. Just imagine your character is sent to explore a vital area and you find the mount trapped by the Legion and Legion NPCs will have some small talk which tells you about where the mount came from. And since your the hero, you decide free the creature and from your kindness the mount decides you are worthy to be its new owner.

Only class this probably wouldn't work with would be the mages. Or druids. So they'd get their own unique one.

Well for me personally, and I know others may feel different, is I don't mind it being gated behind the Pathfinder achievement. You do the content once at least and it satisfies those who say you can't have immersion without being on the ground, again for me does nothing. Also, it gives those who want flying an assurance they'll be getting it and only have to do it once.
    But oh how that "having to do it once" stings! xD

It really REALLY should be an epic quest line that's actually written into the lore, and explains why we can't fly until it's done. Missed opportunity by Blizzard to really knock it out of the park.

I vote we perma ban the word "confirmed" from these forums.

It's either a lie, or a statement of the obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't know. As for me, the biggest problems are:

1) In order to be able to do content with flying, I have to do it without flying first. Yeah, yesterday I was thinking about how would I do it? Should I just play my favourite character and therefore spoil my experience for it? Or should I play some more "ground friendly" alt, such as Rogue for example, in order not to spoil my experience and to make ground content much more enjoyable due to having crap-avoidance tools, like stealth and vanish, and not to burn myself out via suffering from extremely annoying ground content? My conclusion - I just don't want to deal with all this problems. I just want to play the game and enjoy it.

2) In order to be able to do content with flying, I have to do all possible content without it. Many players don't understand it (it's them, who usually say, that how is it possible, that you have nothing to do - you have plenty of content in game <starts to enumerate>), but the problem is in fact, that different kinds of content are intended to be played by different kinds of players. We have PVPers, who like world PVP, so they like FFA PVP zones, we have explorers, who like to explore lore and terrain, so they like content, like Suramar, we have socializers, who like to interact with crows of other players, we have RPers, who like immersion and to do quests and we have achievers, who like to earn rewards. But... If you want to fly, you have to do ALL kinds of content, no matter, if this content suits you, or not. And this crap only causes burnout, nothing more. As if even when flying is available, Blizzard still say "you are not intended to fly anyway, but if you need it so much - you have to pay big price for it via jumping through all possible hops, we can force on you". This is just a spit in a face of players, who prefer to play game with flying. Lol, they've even tried to gate Pathfinder behind dungeons and raids, that have absolutely nothing to do with "doing all ground content once" idea behind taking flying away from game. I like to play content my way - and don't want to burn myself out via playing the game the way, I don't like it to play. Blizzard don't need players, like me? They have plenty of no-flyers? They don't need my money? Ok. Let it be.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-11-05 at 07:55 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Thank god, navigating the terrain in legion is horrible.
    Discussion over boys, pack it up.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But oh how that "having to do it once" stings! xD

It really REALLY should be an epic quest line that's actually written into the lore, and explains why we can't fly until it's done. Missed opportunity by Blizzard to really knock it out of the park.
    What good story could possibly conceived to explain why we can't fly when things like flight paths are also sitting there? It'd be the least elegant, most hammy thing imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I vote we perma ban the word "confirmed" from these forums.

It's either a lie, or a statement of the obvious.
    salt confirmed
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    Omfg the shaman mount i canttttt.... Awesome!
    Yup, that's the coolest one. And on the opposite spectrum you have paladin, priest and warlock..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

7+ Year Old Account
    120 rep from dreambastard exalted, every other rep maxed, all treasures found, rares killed, all quests done, fully explored, wevery raid boss and M dungeon boss killed. 850 followers epic.

YAY flying!

we really don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celadir View Post
    I'm glad the choice is being given back to fly. I can finally cruise the skies as a raven again!
    Or a Sentinel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Isn't 7.2 coming with new zone content that has no-flying anyways, making the argument irrelevant except for those who are still catching up with older world content?
    Not that I know of, no. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no flying at first when we get to Argus. I think it's reasonably settled by now that ground content will be pretty much used up before flying is available. Like it or not that's how it's been for a while now.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-11-05 at 08:05 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    there is the key, account wide. thus my one little alt resto shammy can quick catch up, Ironically its dinging tonight