Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The thing is, the old urban white Catholic and immigrant base of the Democratic party evaporated long ago, having moved out to the suburbs and merged with the greater mass of center right whitebread Americana. Rural whites on the other hand, as noted repeatedly throughout this election, are actually doing quite well economically despite the persistent stereotyping, and so have little interest in left wing policies. And more to the point, there isn't really much outreach that the Democrats could do at this point to recapture the white vote. White males broke 68-31 for Trump this election, and that is assuredly NOT because 68% of them thought that he would make a better president. Identity politics rules the landscape now, and as long as whites remain in the majority in this country, the Democrats are going to struggle regardless of what they pivot to or what outreach programs they attempt.
    white voters especially male white voters broke for Trump because that got sick and tired of the race card pulling SJW liberals calling them privileged racist and bigots and blaming them for all that is wrong in the world so to pander to minorities
    until whites aren't the majority anymore that is a losing strategy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    staying home and not voting is a vote in its self. a vote for I don't care enough for either candidate to make the effort to vote
    Actually its not a vote. It just makes you look like you dont care about who wins. Go to the polls and push the no vote button, if you want to send a message

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Sure they're probably not going to win a majority of those votes but it would be easy to get some back if they nominate a Bernie type. Hillary managed the difficult feat of failing to appeal to both minorities and whites.
    It's not hard to see why she failed. Whites didn't trust her because they didn't believe she'd look out for whites, and minorities didn't trust her because, well, she's white.

The problem the Democrats have right now is that not that the progressive coalition isn't numerous enough or motivated enough to win elections. It's that it's composed of way too many disparate groups with competing interests who have this crab bucket mentality and don't support each other on anything. So when it comes to BLM, or feminists, or LGBT activists, or debt-saddled college students, or environmentalists, or anti-war activists, or whatever else you can think of, it's really a bunch of little groups that are far more likely to go after each other than to coordinate toward some kind of larger cause.

Of course, these left wing groups can't simply unite because they don't actually have that much in common to bring them together, and certainly nothing for a candidate like Hillary Clinton to tap into. Of course, the election of President Trump (God, I can't believe I just typed that) may be the one catalyst that finally gets the liberals in this country to stop slapfighting with each other over petty bullshit, and actually get to work making America great again.

white voters especially male white voters broke for Trump because that got sick and tired of the race card pulling SJW liberals calling them privileged racist and bigots and blaming them for all that is wrong in the world so to pander to minorities
    until whites aren't the majority anymore that is a losing strategy
    So pretty much, white men put their hurt feelings ahead of the best interests of the country. That Trump is going to be a terrible president is not up for dispute, he confirms that every time he opens his mouth about any kind of policy and says nothing but incoherent nonsense. But you didn't care, sticking it to SJWs was more important to you than doing what's best for America.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2016-11-10 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Actually its not a vote. It just makes you look like you dont care about who wins. Go to the polls and push the no vote button, if you want to send a message
    all a vote is is a decision made so like I said the decision not to vote is vote in its self

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Consider the target. The man who couldn't stop crying how it's all rigged and tried to sue a state for it. Blow it out your ass.

Everyone is upset when things don't go their way. Don't even try to pretend reps are known for being good losers.
    I don't recall any riots when Obama won.

So pretty much, white men put their hurt feelings ahead of the best interests of the country. That Trump is going to be a terrible president is not up for dispute, he confirms that every time he opens his mouth about any kind of policy and says nothing but incoherent nonsense. But you didn't care, sticking it to SJWs was more important to you than doing what's best for America.
    the best interest of male white voters is not to be continued to be wrongly called privileged racist and bigots
    not to be continued to be blamed for everything wrong in the world.
    not to be continued to be ignored, marginalized, alienated, and demonized

the best interest of male white voters is not to be continued to be wrongly called privileged racist and bigots
    not to be continued to be blamed for everything wrong in the world.
    not to be continued to be ignored, marginalized, alienated, and demonized
    And what happens to the country while the rest of us wait for you to finish massaging your bruised egos? You know, America, the place that is now being run by the guy who bankrupted six of his companies and wants to bang his own daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Attack Dog View Post
    A partial list of Trump endorsements for boycotting and shaming:

(snippity snip snip)
    And you call yourself a liberal? Leave proscription to the fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No, they said calling voters racists or bigots. Some people are racists and some people are bigots, but saying everyone that was considering voting Trump is a racist or bigot, is simply not true, yet people did exactly that.

For example; if someone wants a tough stance on illegal immigration, it does not make them a racist, it makes them someone who wants a tough stance on illegal immigration. They may well be a racist, but unless you have proof they are, then you are just demonising people for having different opinions to yourself.
    The sad thing is most of the racist and sexist comments I Have seen among my FB friends have been from my liberal friends.

And what happens to the country while the rest of us wait for you to finish massaging your bruised egos? You know, America, the place that is now being run by the guy who bankrupted six of his companies and wants to bang his own daughter?
    You give him a chance to see what he does, and if he turns out to be the racist/sexist/bigoted Hitler you wish him to be, you will find that most that voted for him will be right there standing next to you protesting his PoS administration. But if he does end up helping, you forgive him for being a rich white cis male.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

staying home and not voting is a vote in its self. a vote for I don't care enough for either candidate to make the effort to vote
    You can't use logic on people like that, the only understand angry words.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So for example hillary won california with 61% but got all of the EC votes, i´m sorry but how can the people defend such a system as representative?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So for example hillary won california with 61% but got all of the EC votes, i´m sorry but how can the people defend such a system as representative?
    Well if we went off popular vote Hillary would have won thanks to California and big cities considering urban areas tend to vote Democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You give him a chance to see what he does, and if he turns out to be the racist/sexist/bigoted Hitler you wish him to be, you will find that most that voted for him will be right there standing next to you protesting his PoS administration. But if he does end up helping, you forgive him for being a rich white cis male.
    Here's my thing - the racism, sexism, bigotry, none of that is new, Trump is hardly the first white nationalist to win political office. What is new, however, is the stunning level of demonstrated incompetence in his track record from every walk of life. Even if by some stroke of luck he came up with policies that would actually help the country, he doesn't have anywhere near the vision or willpower to actually carry them out to a successful conclusion. There's not going to be a wall, and there won't be any new trade deals, once the cameras are off and he has to go to work actually making America great again, he'll either lose interest or simply crack under pressure. And once again, most people who voted for him would probably acknowledge all of that as well, they just didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    No. Just a habit to give liberals taste of their own medicine.
    White people complaining about prejudice is kind of like the school bully crying when one of his victims hits him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Well if we went off popular vote Hillary would have won thanks to California and big cities considering urban areas tend to vote Democratic.
    Aaaand? What's the problem?

If you don't like the system, then change it. Oddly though, no one seem to give a shit about the EC till now, so its sort of hard to take it seriously after the fact.

We've been telling you the same thing for guns since forever. Don't like the proliferation of guns? Do something about it.

You guys sure don't get a lot of shit done besides moaning on the internet.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-11-10 at 01:54 PM.

you know resorting back to the same pathitic demonizing hatfull rehtoric that failed the first time is old and stale give it up it is a losing stratagy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    That´s how representative systems work, the one who gets the most votes will lead, depending on the number of parties and how it´s set up they either have full control or have to work together with other representatives to represent the majority of voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of it.

All the Salt.

mmmmmmmm

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-11-10 at 02:55 PM.