Deleted

Feral - current state

How well does feral currently do in mythic+ and mythic raiding?

Since the launch of legion i do not recall every being in a m+ group with one and we dont have one in our Raid.

Where does feral lack in performance? what does he excel at? What would be reasons to bring one over other melee DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aoe is really bad and single target is not good either. Some people will come here and claim ferals have good single target dps but the truth is they aren't even top 5 melee spec, infact they are bottom 5 out of 24 specs. The only way to be decent druid is resto or bear!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Aoe is really bad and single target is not good either. Some people will come here and claim ferals have good single target dps but the truth is they aren't even top 5 melee spec, infact they are bottom 5 out of 24 specs. The only way to be decent druid is resto or bear!
    They're actually in the top 5 single target. Look at Nythendra here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps

They're not very great in M+, but they have their uses in groups with high AoE damage. Alternatively, both guardian and resto are really good.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    .... what are you talking about? In Heroic Trial of Valor Feral is #2 overall at 75th percentile: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#difficulty=4

In Mythic EN 75% they are:
    - 10th overall across all bosses, 6th Melee
    - 3rd of all DPS on Nythendra
    - 2nd on Elerenthe
    - 5th on Ursoc
    - 3rd on Cenarius
    They get hurt on the fights that have a lot of AoE, and excel on the fights with fewer targets... so how is their single target bad? This is WAY far off from "bottom 5 out of 24".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

Since the launch of legion i do not recall every being in a m+ group with one and we dont have one in our Raid.

Where does feral lack in performance? what does he excel at? What would be reasons to bring one over other melee DPS?
    Mythic+ is tricky because the AoE toolkit just isn't that strong. It can be built for AoE but then the single-target performance takes a hit to compensate. It can certainly DO Mythic+, but don't expect to breeze through higher levels. Finding a group to take you is probably a bigger obstacle than actually performing.

Feral excels when there are 1-2 long-lived targets that you can ramp up on and keep the pressure going. There's lots of raid fights that are great for this.
    Last edited by Tellof; 2016-11-11 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral excels at single target and 2-target cleave (when you can pretty soundly maintain dots on both targets). We are weak at AoE.

This puts us in a good overall spot for raiding. Mythic+ dungeons are trickier though. Low level mythics our value diminishes as things die too quickly and no matter your build we have ramp up time. We start to level out in higher mythic+ dungeons but it is still difficult to compete with certain melee specs.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Feral excels at single target and 2-target cleave (when you can pretty soundly maintain dots on both targets). We are weak at AoE.

This puts us in a good overall spot for raiding. Mythic+ dungeons are trickier though. Low level mythics our value diminishes as things die too quickly and no matter your build we have ramp up time. We start to level out in higher mythic+ dungeons but it is still difficult to compete with certain melee specs.
    This is basically the same as enhance shamans yeah? I've seen a few feral streams and they're doing 500kish aoe, saw baeshades stream with fragnance and likewise his enhance was 500k on aoe then big boss damage.

Feral is in the top three for single target DPS in mythic raids (assassination and shadow are higher) and #10 if you include AoE damage, so it depends a lot on the fight. The thing about the feral DPS statistics is that the spec is very inconsistent. It's in the top five for most fights, but is dragged down by very poor performance on Il'gynoth and Dragons, as well as below average performance on Xavius. But on 4/7 bosses it's one of the very best specs around.

There's obviously no mythic ToV data yet, but feral is #2 overall for heroic and is the #1 spec for Guarm.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Even saying feral is poor performance on Il'gynoth is a bit misleading — yes, they're low on overall DPS compared to other specs, but how much of it is due to not being able to pad on ichors? Feral is pretty damn good at heart damage and killing tentacles, which is pretty valuable too but isn't reflected well in the meters.

I just hope 7.1.5 we would get a aoe finisher or something that would help with our aoe dps

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=75

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...5&difficulty=4

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=75

90 percentile Mythic EN - Middle of the pack
    75 percentile Mythic EN - Middle of the pack

90 percentile Heroic EN - Middle of the pack
    75 percentile Heroic EN - Middle of the pack

90 percentile Heroic ToV - 3rd best
    75 percentile Heroic ToV - 2nd best

Feral is not in a bad spot. There are specs in a worse place than Feral, Unholy and Outlaw are 2 that come to mind.

Feral is not bottom 5 of melee at all.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-11-13 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostydog View Post
    Even saying feral is poor performance on Il'gynoth is a bit misleading — yes, they're low on overall DPS compared to other specs, but how much of it is due to not being able to pad on ichors? Feral is pretty damn good at heart damage and killing tentacles, which is pretty valuable too but isn't reflected well in the meters.
    I have been saying this for so long now, finally I find someone with some sense in this "doom & gloom" forum

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    This is basically the same as enhance shamans yeah? I've seen a few feral streams and they're doing 500kish aoe, saw baeshades stream with fragnance and likewise his enhance was 500k on aoe then big boss damage.
    One thing that needs to be said for people considering rolling feral is that you're gonna have a hard fucking time getting into M+ pugs. If you're in a raiding guild with guildies who trust you then you don't have this problem. But for people who don't have this you're probably better off playing one of the FOTM DPS classes that get preference by Pug leaders. Ofcourse you can always use your guardian off-spec, esp in the lower difficulties, but it's definitely worth mentioning.

(this shit doesn't apply for pugging raids, we're p good there)

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

As stated AoE is quite bad. Target switching is pretty bad as well. There are talents to help with target switching but the DPS cost is high compared to other classes.

Single target is good but almost all classes have a DPS spec with good single target. The advantage in single target is much much smaller than the disadvantage in AOE.

As for your last question the best reason to bring one to a mythic raid is because by 7.3 they should be able to max out a 2nd spec Artifact as either an extra healer or extra tank. However they would probably have to be extremely lucky to get the good Legendaries for the 2nd spec.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2016-11-14 at 01:49 AM.

I find that I do well on all bosses, even on Il'gynoth. I think Feral is fine in a raid setting, but they do fall a bit behind in mythic+. I will admit that I often have a hard time finding spots in 5-6+ groups. Thankfully Resto is strong, and that's what I usually do if I'm trying to grind out higher level mythic+ groups.

My biggest gripe isn't about where feral lines out overall, its about legendaries. I feel that about half (4 of the 8) aren't very useful at all. Unfortunately I feel I've received 2 that are essentially useless.

Deleted
    If you sux as a feral doesnt mean the whole spec sux

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiNs View Post
    If you sux as a feral doesnt mean the whole spec sux
    This. Stop linking overall rankings for all dps speccs. If you will be able to pull the dps amount the sims say, you will do well, regardless of class/specc. So go get better instead of whining that Ferals are not nr 1 on rankings or sims.

I'd be SoL if I didn't have my guild to run M+ with. They bring me all the time though since I can pump out the damage on bosses (especially with Tyrannical) then typically fill the other dps with stronger aoe classes to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    as well as below average performance on Xavius.
    ... which is funny because we're pretty badass at actually killing Xavius, but horrible at padding our numbers to make it look like we were badass.

That's feral's story in a nutshell. We excel at putting pressure on 1-2 mobs, but suffer on fights with a lot of target switching and can't pad with aoe.