Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

Looks like ArenaNet is setting up the next expansion for us to deal with at least two Elder Dragons as opposed to taking their sweet time each coming out an expansion at a time every three years.
    So Primordius and Jormag then. That leaves Kralkatorrik and "Selbubb".

Deleted

Looks like ArenaNet is setting up the next expansion for us to deal with at least two Elder Dragons as opposed to taking their sweet time each coming out an expansion at a time every three years.
    There have been some leaks about the expansion.
    Acording to those leaks we'll fight Kralkatorrik and Primordus in the expansion which takes place in Crystal Desert and Elona.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    There have been some leaks about the expansion.
    Acording to those leaks we'll fight Kralkatorrik and Primordus in the expansion which takes place in Crystal Desert and Elona.
    I thought Primordius had finally awoken? The fire one. Should be him and Jormag by that logic.

Deleted
    Rumors said Kralkatorrik, so don't know, those leaks have about 2 months old.

Will leave them here, in case it violates some rules, feel free to remove the links (mods).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...n_expansion_2/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...ap_chat_leaks/

In any case, it looks pretty obvious there's going to be two big bads for the next expansion. Question is: will they team up for a cool, double-dragon boss fight? Or will we finish them off separately in different instances? Given that we mortals have proven we're their no. 1 biggest threat by killing not one, but TWO of their brethren, you'd think they'd value their lives a bit more and start teaming up, old rivalries be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I thought Primordius had finally awoken? The fire one. Should be him and Jormag by that logic.
    Though, we did just hatch Kralkatoriks grand daughter.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    new underwater stuff.....

they better have plans to revamp the underwater combat or this will be hell
    A NPC made (actually think it was Tamii) referenced the water dragon, so at least they are aware of the concerns? I think...I think its been 2-3 years since they completly halted all things water combat but they're going to have to address the issue since they seem keen on killing all the dragons ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Kralk has been up for a long time and (lorewise) was going to be taken down before Mordremoth. The Pact ignored Scarlet because they were gearing up to fight Kralk. Lorewise, Kralk would've also caught on, or at least know that something is up, with Glint's egg. Pretty sure it wouldn't be cool with its for lieutenants baby potentially being used as a weapon against it.

So we now have 3 active dragons. The one thats unaccounted for is the water dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

In any case, it looks pretty obvious there's going to be two big bads for the next expansion. Question is: will they team up for a cool, double-dragon boss fight? Or will we finish them off separately in different instances? Given that we mortals have proven we're their no. 1 biggest threat by killing not one, but TWO of their brethren, you'd think they'd value their lives a bit more and start teaming up, old rivalries be damned.
    I think they'll either kill off Prim and Jormag in the living story somehow or we'll face 3 in the next xpac. How long can they keep putting of Kralk? Or maybe Prim or Jormag flies off to Cantha, Kralk pushes into Elona, boom, they've laid out the foundation for 2 xpacs.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I think they'll either kill off Prim and Jormag in the living story somehow or we'll face 3 in the next xpac. How long can they keep putting of Kralk? Or maybe Prim or Jormag flies off to Cantha, Kralk pushes into Elona, boom, they've laid out the foundation for 2 xpacs.
    Isn't the water dragon part of the reason that Elona and/or Cantha was closed off?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also, it's worth noting that whichever dragon is last will probably have massive power from absorbing all the other stuff. Maybe it'll be our cute little pet or maybe it'll be a giant 15 headed water death fire ice dragon emerging from the sea for the next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Oh, also, it's worth noting that whichever dragon is last will probably have massive power from absorbing all the other stuff. Maybe it'll be our cute little pet or maybe it'll be a giant 15 headed water death fire ice dragon emerging from the sea for the next expac.
    Yea, they do seem to be building to the fact we can't keep killing them off one at a time because every time we do that all of the remaining dragons just get stronger. Maybe in the next xpac we'll be doing a coordinated strike against all the remaining dragons at one time? It'd be insane but with what's been revealed so far I'm not sure there's a better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped playing after release, is there any videos etc to show the story after i killed the big undead dragon? like lions arch looks completely different...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Stopped playing after release, is there any videos etc to show the story after i killed the big undead dragon? like lions arch looks completely different...
    There's a "Scarlets War" in the story journal that explains season1, season2 is available for purchase, then HoT has it's story, then Season3 is current stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    There's a "Scarlets War" in the story journal that explains season1, season2 is available for purchase, then HoT has it's story, then Season3 is current stuff.
    There's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    In case you just want a TL;DR for events between vanilla and HoT expansion: Mordremoth (the Jungle Dragon) was awoken by a Sylvari by accessing the ley line at Lion's Arch, subsequently destroying the city. Turns out that the Sylvari are manchurian agents for Mordremoth and can be telepathically "recruited" by him at will (though they can try to resist). Caithe turned traitor and stole Glint's egg. The Pact launches a counterattack on Mordremoth in the jungle.

TL;DR: for HoT: Pact fleet is annihilated, Eir dies, Faolain dies, Caithe is caught and rejoins the group, Glint's Egg is left to the guardians of Tarir, Taimi discovers ancient Asuran civilization, and Traehearne sacrifices himself to kill Mordremoth. Player is now the new Pact Commander, and an unexplained force taps into Glint's Egg.

LS3 so far has been about the aftermath of HoT and the leadup to the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new fractal is goooooooooooood~
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The new fractal is goooooooooooood~
    Been hearing good things about it so far. Do you need to do anything to get into it? I've honestly never run one, so not sure if there's anything a super-scrub like me needs to know before trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Been hearing good things about it so far. Do you need to do anything to get into it? I've honestly never run one, so not sure if there's anything a super-scrub like me needs to know before trying.
    Finished all the achievements on the new fractal, for the first chance on it you need 17 AR, which would mean at least having an ascended ring/accesory (can be bought with laurels) and some agony resistance infusion, you can get a +7 for 2gold and just buy tears of alba from the fractal mastery and you should be at least at 7(+15) from the potion, meaning 22 AR, enough to do the fractal.

I love how the mechanics get more complex the higher the fractal difficulty level, LOTS of projectiles a-la bullet hell yet not that punishing, recognize patterns and don't panic dodge.
    Somehow i believe the last phase of the fight is bugged, there are certain enemies that spawn to do an attack and then despawn, each time they despawn they count as a kill credit to recover back up, making the fight a tad easier, but if you get caught a few times in a row it's gg, definately a fun fight.

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY SHIT after finishing the meta you can get a new "final fractal difficulty" mode, going to prolly hit it on friday, apparently is hard as balls, gives a title, decorations for guild and apparently raid quality loot (unconfirmed).
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    this looks friggin' amazing. I just bought it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll echo the statement that the new fractal is gooooood.

Like seriously good.

I just need to beat Mordremoth so I can start on the Living World stuff. DC'd last time on the last Glider phase so kinda irritated I gotta go through the Blighted fights again. Still can just Reapers Shroud everything and laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new lvl 100 fractal is really good if you want a challenge. Haven't played it on the lower tiers but I feel like its meant for lvl 100. The challenge mode is also crazy but fatigue set in before we could finish it.

The LS episode felt like the longest one of this season. It felt solid except for the end, you could tell that Anet kind of forced that narrative that they went with. I definitly cringed during it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post

HOLY SHIT after finishing the meta you can get a new "final fractal difficulty" mode, going to prolly hit it on friday, apparently is hard as balls, gives a title, decorations for guild and apparently raid quality loot (unconfirmed).
    Thats all true except for "raid quality loot". There is no such thing unless they meant the tokens that drop from raids. Ascended gear is raid loot. The tokens kind of make sense because its pretty much a 5 man raid. You might see some people complaining about how hard it is once more people beat the living story episode and have time to do the fractal. The only real issue that I have with it are the health pools of the bosses, how many times must you cycle through the same mechanics, and the final phase of the last boss (on normal, didn't make it to the challenge mode one yet) takes away for the how awesome the rest of the fight was. It goes from being a skilled based fight to a dps race and/or having the right builds to cheese it. My group was able to cheese through it because of our sustain (a guard throwing up protection, an aura healing tempest, 2 reapers healing in reaper shroud, and a herald camping regen). A guildie's group couldn't finish their run even though they had no problem with the rest of the dungeon because there was nothing that they could do to survive the last 1/3 of the fight despite the rest of it being skill based.

I definitely recommend it to anyone that likes raiding or challenging content. Its makes all the other fractals look like a joke.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I get to play as a Kodan, pretty awesome.

I love the new map, great update this time.