Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    hmm, I really enjoyed the HoT zones. I do think they need to adjust them now that the population there has declined though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I really liked the Mouth of Mordremoth boss battle. It felt like what Zhaitan should have been. The lead up is pretty time consuming and organization-based though. When you do get good groups for it, it's great and I like the lead-up. When you get garbage commanders who don't instruct their squads right or just don't get commanders at all, it sucks and I hate it.

But that goes for just about anything, really.
    I've had a few times where we were running in circles while waiting for two other towers, as folks kept trying to run back and forth between them...

I don't think I've had any actual failures though, it's mostly getting into an organized instance.

As for discussion about the episode itself - I want to punch Braham right in the dick. :/ I stand by that he and Marjory are the two worst team members. Marjory because she's a poorly written token lesbian edgelord (I wouldn't have a problem with her if she were written better :/) and Braham's just an idiot. I thought he'd learn from the mistakes he made during the HoT story and the seasons before and at least remember our character has suffered many losses to the dragons too. Not only that, we AVENGED his mother's death and not only that we were 'close' to her too. Closer than he was, ever.
    Kasmeer and Marjory definitely took a down turn when they joined the player group. Kasmeer was a very strong authoritative character when we met her on Southsun Cove, now she's an insecure girlfriend. Marjory in the original "noir detective" was fine, but then she lost her flavor and is now just an accent/ speech pattern, meh. Taimi's still fun, needs a new mech, and Rox is okay but too passive.

Braham wasn't' just angsty emo irritating (along with the players halting speech), but he is just flat out wrong. When we led the attack to kill Zhaitan, he was off doing nothing. When his mothers ship was destroyed by Mordremoth, it was everyones favorite Pact Commander Trahearne. We were busy trying to investigate. We then went in after to fix everything, rescue his mother before she was killed in combat, and kill Mordremoth.

If anything, the Pact and Destiny's Edge failure vs Mordremoth is proof that we're right and he shouldn't rush in stupidly.

The only thing I kind of agreed with him on is that we should have just taken the 'Destiny's Edge' name in her honor. Other than that, all his ramblings were entirely dumb. The PC hero has gone off on people for less than what he's done.
    As I mentioned to a friend, the important thing to remember is that Destiny's Edge was a merger of two Guilds, Dragonsspawns Destiny and Edge of Steel. We were never members of Destiny's Edge. Rytlock was, he and Caithe are the last members still active really, and both felt it better to retire the old guild name. Us just assuming the name to honor Eir's...er, I guess to honor her repeated failures? Anyway, Guilds evolve and change, and Braham has no clue how they work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    hmm, I really enjoyed the HoT zones. I do think they need to adjust them now that the population there has declined though.
    That's one thing I'm worried about their "add more zones!" stuff. I like the three Season3 zones, though Bitterfrost doesn't scale well, but how many "endgame"/ "daily" zones can you maintain before there's not enough groups running around to complete events and stuff?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I've had a few times where we were running in circles while waiting for two other towers, as folks kept trying to run back and forth between them...

I don't think I've had any actual failures though, it's mostly getting into an organized instance.

Kasmeer and Marjory definitely took a down turn when they joined the player group. Kasmeer was a very strong authoritative character when we met her on Southsun Cove, now she's an insecure girlfriend. Marjory in the original "noir detective" was fine, but then she lost her flavor and is now just an accent/ speech pattern, meh. Taimi's still fun, needs a new mech, and Rox is okay but too passive.

Braham wasn't' just angsty emo irritating (along with the players halting speech), but he is just flat out wrong. When we led the attack to kill Zhaitan, he was off doing nothing. When his mothers ship was destroyed by Mordremoth, it was everyones favorite Pact Commander Trahearne. We were busy trying to investigate. We then went in after to fix everything, rescue his mother before she was killed in combat, and kill Mordremoth.

If anything, the Pact and Destiny's Edge failure vs Mordremoth is proof that we're right and he shouldn't rush in stupidly.

As I mentioned to a friend, the important thing to remember is that Destiny's Edge was a merger of two Guilds, Dragonsspawns Destiny and Edge of Steel. We were never members of Destiny's Edge. Rytlock was, he and Caithe are the last members still active really, and both felt it better to retire the old guild name. Us just assuming the name to honor Eir's...er, I guess to honor her repeated failures? Anyway, Guilds evolve and change, and Braham has no clue how they work.

- - - Updated - - -

That's one thing I'm worried about their "add more zones!" stuff. I like the three Season3 zones, though Bitterfrost doesn't scale well, but how many "endgame"/ "daily" zones can you maintain before there's not enough groups running around to complete events and stuff?
    I can't delete the rest of the quote but I just wanted to comment on the last half.

The Commander, Boss, whatever the PC is called now seems out of character to me. We killed Zhaitan, Commander of the Pact, chased Scarlet through hell and back, absolutely destroyed Mordremoth, who the fuck does Braham think he is?

Braham wants to preserve Destiny's Edge, same guild that let Kralk get away. Same guild nearly wiped out trying to help kill Mordremoth, that guild. Braham hated Eir's guts until the PC came along. The PC just sat there and took all of Braham's nonsense... At least Majory might have told him to go kill himself, PC just kind of sat there.

On them adding a bunch of zones, I think they laying down the foundations of a game that always has stuff to do for new players. You go into other games and there is no reason to play old content. In GW2, every zone from Dry Top and up has relevant goals for new and old players to follow because the gear is never outdated,where in a game like WoW you want to stay as close to the newest content as possible because the old stuff depreciates quickly.

The game is massive if you've started playing today and most places are populated enough to even "enjoy" old content like Orr. So I think there trying to continually add links to the chain because we all know that this game has huge content droughts.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Oh, and the Sons of Svanir mistaking my asura necromancer for Braham... and then Braham getting mad at me for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, on the Sons of Svanir. Up until this point I thought they were just humanoid (Norn in this case) dragon cultists, this episode makes them seem like mindless automatons. Maybe its because Jormag is active now? But they definitly seemed liked free thinking, even if they were part of a cult, Norn before this episode.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You should do the world boss where you fight mordremoths body.

Honestly that should of been a requirement for the story because it gives the final location context and it's just a better experience.
    Wait... there was such a fight?
    I must admit, that for the most part i simply skipped the last zone. Didn't play all too much once the story was done.
    I tried farming some gold for a hammer + balthazar's hammer skin, but it was just too slow/grindy so i quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I must admit, that for the most part i simply skipped the last zone. Didn't play all too much once the story was done.
    I tried farming some gold for a hammer + balthazar's hammer skin, but it was just too slow/grindy so i quit.
    Yup You can watch a video of it if you want you fight his body well specifically his mouth cause he's a plant which is why we go kill his brain to finish him off
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Yea the entire last zone is preparation and fighting against his body... and it's really really good In story terms though both fights go on concurrently. One small group goes in and attacks his mind while a much larger force goes up against his body.

I might change classes for once for the living world. Might do it on my Thief I boosted or Ranger.

Deleted
    So i tuned in for this yesterday evening for the 1st time since launch and tried to do this quest...
    I got to the end of the "how to train your dragon"-story quest without much trouble (bar soloing multiple elite-oozes and almost dieing in the process) and just couldn't bring that boss under 80-ish %.

Appearently i get to click an extra-action button when i stand in the white circles, but i got no button...
    Where is the extra-button supposed to show up in GW2? (Maybe i simply didn't see it due to fatigue?)

Appearently i get to click an extra-action button when i stand in the white circles, but i got no button...
    Where is the extra-button supposed to show up in GW2? (Maybe i simply didn't see it due to fatigue?)
    Pops up on your screen when the fight begins, but it doesn't become active until you actually stand in the circle. It's grayed out until then.

It requires (I'm pretty sure) a Mastery that you learn in the first episode of season3. It gives you a button keyed to - or =, I forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Counter Magic, 1 point under Ancient Magics in Heart of Maguuma Masteries.

Deleted
    It requires (I'm pretty sure) a Mastery that you learn in the first episode of season3. It gives you a button keyed to - or =, I forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Counter Magic, 1 point under Ancient Magics in Heart of Maguuma Masteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pops up on your screen when the fight begins, but it doesn't become active until you actually stand in the circle. It's grayed out until then.
    I didn't complete the previous 2 episodes... I didn't even know they were coming out until last week. :/
    I went back in and completed it... it's a rather small button (at least on my screen). Luckily i could just end it where i left the last time.

The issue i had with the whole thing was how the difficulty seems completely out of whack, with soloable content mixing with harder content all the time...
    For instance:
    - brew the elixir -> no trouble at all... all soloable
    - unfreeze the waterfall -> kill me now, luckily i ran into 2 other players doing the same quest so we were relatively safe doing them
    - kill the thing in the cave -> somewhat normal difficulty... not too troublesome
    - go and do the last quest with braham -> i doubt this is soloable... at least not off the go (went in with a party)

Thinking about it... the out of whack difficulty-curve seems to be an underlying motive in this game :/

But yeah; I'm back... got myself a Balthazar's relagia outfit + balthazar's hammer skin on my guardian and it kinda rocks.
    Gold seems to be easier to farm than when i was last active too, which is nice.

- unfreeze the waterfall -> kill me now, luckily i ran into 2 other players doing the same quest so we were relatively safe doing them
    yea that was SUPER annoying. I managed to get through it on my own once I figured out how to get where I needed to go and to just dodge/use speed boosts to get past all the mobs instead of trying to fight them. It always annoys me when things are set-up so that ignoring mobs is the best option

- go and do the last quest with braham -> i doubt this is soloable... at least not off the go (went in with a party)
    This is soloable, but it can be a pain if you don't pick-up on the mechanic quickly/don't notice the scroll when it appears.

- brew the elixir -> no trouble at all... all soloable
    Not that I knew it at first, but there is a volcanic vent that launchs you to a place above the beam-key thing. You'd need the volcanic vent mastery from episode 2, of course. My first time there were other folks around, and I skipped as much as possible going up the rocks.

- kill the thing in the cave -> somewhat normal difficulty... not too troublesome
    Yeah, didn't have any problems here, though it does feed into the general "if I figure the pattern out, don't make me do it 10 times" thing I hate with GW2. 2-3 times, then it becomes repetitive/ irritating.

I've done it solo a few times, though haven't gotten the achievements yet. It's not difficult, just mind numbingly tedious/ frustrating. Do the wolf/ spider encounters accomplish anything? Was it really needed to slog through 4 rounds of combat for each, plus the Svanir and Icicles?

The final encounter is just stupid, I hate it, even if you do things right there's too much RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This is soloable, but it can be a pain if you don't pick-up on the mechanic quickly/don't notice the scroll when it appears.
    Yeah, my first time took forever to figure out the mechanics. Especially irritating since some of the stuff is spelled out in buff/debuffs and in GW2 they don't even stay stationary on the health bar, let alone trying to read the mouseover while the entire floor is exploding or whatever.

Not that I knew it at first, but there is a volcanic vent that launchs you to a place above the beam-key thing. You'd need the volcanic vent mastery from episode 2, of course. My first time there were other folks around, and I skipped as much as possible going up the rocks.
    Seriously??? I saw some of those around other parts of the map but I didn't notice one in that area ><

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Seriously??? I saw some of those around other parts of the map but I didn't notice one in that area ><
    It's pretty far away from the area but the direction arrow on the map shows exactly the direction to it. I actually did like you did (well I did end up killing everything along the way) but found the volcanic vent later (which you need to use for the mastery insight)

Yeah, it's not close to it. Also make sure you glide before landing or you'll be dead on impact. And bring a kodan flame to get a kitty.

Deleted
    It's things like these that would need to be better communicated with a returning player...
    I mean; I returned on episode 3 and didn't even have a clue they added new masteries to collect... It's just weird.

It's things like these that would need to be better communicated with a returning player...
    I mean; I returned on episode 3 and didn't even have a clue they added new masteries to collect... It's just weird.
    Yea, during episode 1 there was a "hey you have a new mastery you can learn" pop-up message but I don't think they have done them in subsequent episodes which isn't great