Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Defiled Augment Runes

Am I the only one who hates these things? Why introduce things that make the game more hardcore for hardcore players? Just because I am raiding Mythic doesn't mean I want even MORE things to manage and do. Now I have to keep buying this dumb crap and use probably 20-30 a week on progression. That's extra time needed to farm tens of thousands per week for this minimal, shitty buff.

Hardcore players can have a life too, damn it.

boost HC EN, and you can supply your runes for like 2 months from 1 boost

I guess you are not a hardcore player then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I guess you are not a hardcore player then.
    Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Using them on every pull on progression is a waste imo. We start using them once were within kill range and have strats worked out. Yes sometimes you might get a kill without them...

I asked a few people in trade how many they typically used and they told me 100 per progression week. That's about 70,000g per week I need to have just for these silly runes.

This is so ridiculous. Raiding is becoming less about player skill each expansion, and more about being a good little slave to the systems in the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Using them on every pull on progression is a waste imo. We start using them once were within kill range and have strats worked out. Yes sometimes you might get a kill without them...
    This, unless it´s a boss like Cenarius, which you can reset or Bosses with tight dps checks like Guarm.
    I like the runes. They add just that tiny difference between a good player and a good player, that is willing to go the extra mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I asked a few people in trade how many they typically used and they told me 100 per progression week. That's about 70,000g per week I need to have just for these silly runes.

This is so ridiculous. Raiding is becoming less about player skill each expansion, and more about being a good little slave to the systems in the game.
    Why would you use them on let's say the first pull on a new boss?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why would you use them on let's say the first pull on a new boss?
    Not saying that. I know people only use them during progression and when the leaders think they are realistically within kill range. But for people I've talked to, that's still 15-20 low percentage attempts before they finally down a boss. That's per boss, btw.

I'm pretty sure like, no one in my guild has used these things, granted, we aren't bleeding edge top 100, but we are hoping to get realm first EN tomorrow night.

They explicitly exist so casual players have something to sell to raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

It's true, though, for as much as you whine about other people this is such a simple, irrelevant thing. They're not that bad and if you can't handle them you are probably not as hardcore as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwalls View Post
    It's true, though, for as much as you whine about other people this is such a simple, irrelevant thing. They're not that bad and if you can't handle them you are probably not as hardcore as you think.
    Okay semi-hardcore. Does that better soothe your fragile sensibilities? It's an irrelevant point. Talk about the augment rune or GTFO my thread.

They exist and Blizzard won't remove them to spare your feelings. Guess they simply want something to be exclusive to the joke that is LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They exist and Blizzard won't remove them to spare your feelings. Guess they simply want something to be exclusive to the joke that is LFR.
    I don't do lfr and have sold plenty of them.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    boost HC EN, and you can supply your runes for like 2 months from 1 boost
    Good to see you know how much gold you make from a boost, and how much they cost. My server TarrenMill, a rune starts at 850gold on the low end, and 1.2k at the expensive end. Now buy roughly 50 a week for progression weeks. Or well for the schedule we use. Then you'll realise your quickly over what you make from a single boost run. So please close your ass if your going to spew out shit.

Im just happy we aren't required to use them due to the retarded price.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Where do these drop from?

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    I think i've only purchased them once so far this progression.

Satchels do a very nice job of building a stash of them.
    Opportunity cost. The time spent farming them via Heroics and LFR is more than if you had just done a mythic+ carry or farmed herbs enough herbs for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoneil94 View Post
    I'm pretty sure like, no one in my guild has used these things, granted, we aren't bleeding edge top 100, but we are hoping to get realm first EN tomorrow night.
    There's a server with Xavius still alive? Fucking hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Good to see you know how much gold you make from a boost, and how much they cost. My server TarrenMill, a rune starts at 850gold on the low end, and 1.2k at the expensive end. Now buy roughly 50 a week for progression weeks. Or well for the schedule we use. Then you'll realise your quickly over what you make from a single boost run. So please close your ass if your going to spew out shit.

Im just happy we aren't required to use them due to the retarded price.
    well on rag eu they're only 500-600ish
    i get like 80-100k from a night of EN boost
    that's what? 140 runes
    and since you only need to start using runes once they actually matter (no point spamming them into 90% wipes is there?) you dont need to use that much
    even with your 50 a week formula it's roughly 3 weeks worth of runes for 1 night

granted im a rogue so i use a lot less than the average person, thanks to vanish but still, it never seemed like such a burden