Stamina or strength flask

Hi warrior forum, I have a question.

I have a premade protection warrior friend and we argue about which flask is better:

-stamina for more HP(+-180k HP)
    -strenght for more damage, parry and bigger ignore pain absorb.

I say mostly that unless you are getting combo-ed by the mobs, then strength is better. However he is set that extra 180k HP will save his life.

We are mostly running mythic+ 8 and higher.

Could you please advise on how to explain benefits of strength flask or convince me that stamina better. We are tired of arguing about it on discord

Thanks!
    Last edited by Hornay; 2016-11-27 at 11:01 PM.

Is he getting melted while tanking? If he really needs that extra bit of stam, then it would be foolish to lose it. Personally, I find that if I'm getting slammed that hard as a prot warrior then someone is doing something wrong. I have just shy of 4 million HP unbuffed and the extra bit from the flask won't make much of a difference, so I use str flasks primarily to offset my terrible DPS as a prot Warrior.

The answer is really going to depend on his gear and skill.

He is getting melted on 8+ and higher with necrotic even when kiting.

Other affixes are fine, but he still uses stamina because it gives more help.

Personally I agree that extra bit from flask will shave quite a bit of time in higher M+ .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Strength is better for Mythic +. If you're not doing above 10 then there isn't even a consideration as to Stamina being worthwhile IMO, and if you're above 10 you're going to want as much dps as possible, meaning you will use other methods available to you to survive big incoming hits. Tyranical on 10+ is the only situation where you really have to deal with one-shot like abilities, even then it's probably overall better to use STR and plan ahead.

Dark slash on first boss Maw of Souls is a nasty one (can spell reflect every other cast), The crushing ability on the tree in Darkheart, the final boss in Black Rook Hold before you get the buff, and the boss before that if you have low dps (when he reaches 100 rage he smash fuck into you). But yeah Stamina flask isnt the answer, I always use STR personally. As for this week specifically, it's all about group control, you can't really rely on the tank to do much face tanking at all, meaning it really favours comps that can assist with tank survival without losing dps.

The benefits of the flasks should be self explanitory tho. STR gives more parry and ignore pain healing + more dps, Stamina gives larger maximum ignore pains and allows you to take bigger single hits, more room to play with so to speak. But you're talking small differences here and generally higher dps is the key to defeating Necrotic. You're basically wanting to run in, dps as hard as you can for a few seconds to deal damage and grab threat and then stay away from the mobs entirely until they are dead, stunning them as raging engages (not before).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-11-27 at 11:27 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does your damage matter to the raid? Do you rarely feel like your life is in danger or is the content you play trivial? Go with Strength.
    Do you need every bit of survivability? Do you struggle to stay above dangerous threshholds of health? Do you raid progression? Go Stamina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.