tank/prot warrior resources

Is there any comprehensive guides/websites devoted to tanking anymore? I miss the old days of tankspot....

I'm trying to get back into my warrior, i dropped when the guild i joined needed dps not a tank. mostly i'm focused on M+ because i hate tank swaps and thats 95% of raids these days. but the information is super spread out, or is hidden in 100+ page threads.

with the "big" websites/simcraft being questionable from spec to spec i'm finding it hard to narrow down information.

Deleted
    Bump.

I am interested as well.

Cause there is no secret or anything.

Dont suck is the answer and press your buttons in a correct sequence, know when you are supposed to do and what you are supposed to do, the tank must always be the most knowledgeable player/best player in a group.

Sure, basic things to know as a Prot Warrior:

Shield Block uptime is what defies you as a Protection Warrior, there is a massive difference in damage intake between a 95% uptime and a 60% uptime along with the fact you really want the 15% critical from Shatter the Bones till 7.1.5 for free focused rage procs with Ultimatum.

And Vengeance weaving is the second, despite the PTR changes, Vengeance weaving is staying, just changed from FR to Revenge, not that its hard, but many people fuck it up.

Rotation? SS-->Devastate to proc SS->1 second remaining for SS cooldown? Means Devastate is useless so lets use Revenge now for that 5 rage-->SS , repeat for rage regeneration-->Spend on Ignore Pain.

Stats?

Haste for smoother gameplay, and Shield Block CD reduction combined with Heavy Repercusions (100 level talent) for your shield block uptime.

Mastery for Critical Shield Blocks.

Rest stats are "Bad", Versatility really isnt, its a safe stat but you really want Haste till you think you feel "okay" for me its 30%, i really enjoy the faster GCD, for others its 25%, and for others its "I WEAR WHATEVER IS HIGHER ITEM LEVEL"

In other words Haste to 25-30%> Mastery > Versa >Critical.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-11-30 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    Well I gotta agree with potis. There is no secret. That post does sum it all up in a nutshell. If you are new to a class/spec just hop on to icy veins and read up on the basics. If you have a very niche question, browse or make a post on these forums.

However, you cannot just talk down on something like tankspot or what "walking the wind" community is for WW monks currently. Maybe I am being sentimental and nostalgic, but it is too much for me to put into words right now. Just saying that the warrior / tanking community would benefit from a hub like that.

thanks for the unnecessarily condescending post that didnt answer my question at all.

The "best" source right now is. It's likely this forum or the discord.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlyn View Post
    Is there any comprehensive guides/websites devoted to tanking anymore? I miss the old days of tankspot....

I'm trying to get back into my warrior, i dropped when the guild i joined needed dps not a tank. mostly i'm focused on M+ because i hate tank swaps and thats 95% of raids these days. but the information is super spread out, or is hidden in 100+ page threads.

with the "big" websites/simcraft being questionable from spec to spec i'm finding it hard to narrow down information.
    I will answer your question but first of all you need to put down those nostalgia goggles. I understand if you´d find the concept of tankswapping itself but painting it like it has been diffrent at ANY time in wow is just wrong. We currently have it all: Bosses that require to taunt at x stacks, to taunt after debuff y, bosses that spawn adds, which need to be tanked, bosses that require you to run out of the group to deploy a debuff, bosses that require placeswapping horseman style, bosses that don´t require taunting but interact with two tanks, bosses that need to be positioned or turned a special way... I am not saying that there is something entirely innovative but there is defenitly nothing less then there was past addons.

Okay. Regarding your question: There is NO Guide or website devoted precisely to tanking. You can get a general understanding of what is going on on websites like icy veins of course, they even go slightly in depth but don´t cover it all. A big example is the correct useage of ability weaving with the vengeance talent. Instead you need to ask exact question. I cannot speak for other forums but in this one, there are quite a few knowledgeable people. You could just use this thread for example and expand it with things that bother you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    This forum here

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Cause there is no secret or anything.

Dont suck is the answer and press your buttons in a correct sequence, know when you are supposed to do and what you are supposed to do, the tank must always be the most knowledgeable player/best player in a group.

Sure, basic things to know as a Prot Warrior:

Shield Block uptime is what defies you as a Protection Warrior, there is a massive difference in damage intake between a 95% uptime and a 60% uptime along with the fact you really want the 15% critical from Shatter the Bones till 7.1.5 for free focused rage procs with Ultimatum.

And Vengeance weaving is the second, despite the PTR changes, Vengeance weaving is staying, just changed from FR to Revenge, not that its hard, but many people fuck it up.

Rotation? SS-->Devastate to proc SS->1 second remaining for SS cooldown? Means Devastate is useless so lets use Revenge now for that 5 rage-->SS , repeat for rage regeneration-->Spend on Ignore Pain.

Stats?

Haste for smoother gameplay, and Shield Block CD reduction combined with Heavy Repercusions (100 level talent) for your shield block uptime.

Mastery for Critical Shield Blocks.

Rest stats are "Bad", Versatility really isnt, its a safe stat but you really want Haste till you think you feel "okay" for me its 30%, i really enjoy the faster GCD, for others its 25%, and for others its "I WEAR WHATEVER IS HIGHER ITEM LEVEL"

In other words Haste to 25-30%> Mastery > Versa >Critical.
    Just one thing. Mastery > Versa is true on fights take the biggest part of the damage you take are Melee hits. On some encounters like Il'gynoth, you should take Versa instead, but Mastery is safer if you are not looking for this kind of minimal improvments.