Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This would not surprise me in the least. However, shit like convenience-deer to save Thrall will still be mind-numbingly dumb... I'll give it a shot though.

10+ Year Old Account
    why is it that alot of movies these days are only "good" if its an extended cut. E.g. batman v superman, suicide squad and now Warcraft?

hollywood needs to let directors have actual directors cuts in the cinemas ffs
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Some of the glaring problems.

-Khadgar not being sent to Medivh by the Kirin Tor to serve as an apprentice
    -Orgrim being a Frostwolf instead of the second of the Blackrock clan
    -Ner'zhul and the entire Shadow Council were missing
    -Gul'dan was a freaking idiot
    -Blackhand somehow had some of Orgrim's personality traits
    -Fel energy was called "The Fel"

They outright removed most of the political aspects of the power struggles that were going on in the Orc leadership. I could see someone who doesn't really know anything about the lore enjoying it, but it deviated way too much for me to even be able to enjoy it. And all of this is without even touching on the pacing issues the movie had.
    Lothar killing Blackhand, Garona not killing wrynn out of free will original happening, then reconned into beeing mind controlled by guldan. None of them happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    As an extended cut or just as deleted/extended scenes in the bonus features? Because an extended cut is when those scenes are put back into the film(something they didn't do as far as I'm aware).
    It's a little weird, because they have deleted/extended scenes & bonus features. But also, a "motion Comic", gag reel, some "behind the Magic" stuff, etc.

I mean is it 100% almost an alternate ending and what not? No, but it came with a bunch of extras.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    The deleted scenes added nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an extended cut. Duncan Jones confirmed there wasn't going to be one, yes? I believe you saw the deleted scenes.
    He confirmed there would be no Director's cut. Two different things afaik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The deleted scenes added nothing
    For the uninitiated they explained what was going on a little better. If those scenes were added it wouldn't have been as holey.

Listen if this was a fan made film... and put up on youtube and then asked to donate $10.00... I totally would have done it.

Duncan Jones is an uber nerd, and he made a high budget fan film.

Retelling a story (that has already been retconned) was a lose/lose situation. Duncan Jones runs into the same problem that any movie based on a book runs into. Its never quite as good as the books, nor is it exactly true to the source material.

Not to mention there has NEVER been a successful video game to movie adaption.

What would have been REALLY cool, is if WoD NEVER happened, and the Warcraft movie, was the telling of the original story and these orc chieftains and the story of the orcs prior to the dark portal. Granted that leaves little room for "alliance" but its not like the movie was chalked full of racial representation.

It was $10 of entertainment and I was entertained.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-12-05 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Next time you go to a restaurant and don't like the food, please video yourself showing off your Michelin stars and making all the other chefs bow down to you.

Oh, you mean you're not a master chef? Well, then, using your logic, you cannot criticize the food, can you?

See what happens when you think a little?
    I don't eat at restaurants I don't like the food at. Nor do I critique food I just don't order it again? Lol. See what happens when you get the info you need before assuming things about others?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    the movie is a spectacle and Im surprised the eye candy wasnt enough to make the movie enjoyable for others its about the only reason star wars is popular
    What ? 123char

The movie sucked shit, if you can't handle that opinion then I suggest never trying to discuss this film with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The ad hominem is only making you look foolish.
    Well it was intended toward you personally so I think it more than succeeded in its intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    What ? 123char
    Sorry but I dont think the droves of people who go to see star wars know what the fuck is going on or go for the story or characters. Atleast around me in los angeles. Everyone goes to see Star wars just because its star wars and its trendy cool special effects

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I watched this version: *clicky*

It definitely had some scenes that weren't in the cinema version.
    No. The 2h03 and 1h58 long versions are exactly what was shown in cinemas (confirmed by soundtracks recorded in cinemas).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in seeing the deleted scenes, but honestly, I don't think the movie is anywhere near as bad as I keep seeing in these threads. Just my opinion.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I actually thought the cinematic version was about 7/10. Not sure I want to see it again with a few added scenes though.

Most of my problems with the movie don't even stem from the movie. They just come from the source material itself. Because I find the Warcraft storyline itself to be... well, bad.
    It's just not a good story at all and I think Duncan already made the best out of it. There are too many characters with too little development, too many deus ex machinas, too much random magic crap that comes out of nowhere and just exists to be random magic crap and a general lack of coherent story across the individual arcs.

Nothing seemed right in the movie - from the costumes, that were perfectly accurate, but just don't work in real life, to the character's actions which just felt absolutely random (especially Medivh).

The movie just showcased how badly written the Warcraft story really is and how it is best left as a game.
    Funny, because the movie is completely different from the original story.

Anyway I thought the movie was okayish. I'm probably biased because I have been excited for a Warcraft movie since I first heard rumors about it in 2007. But I'd give it a 6/10. Much better than most super hero blockbusters or the new star wars. There were quite some things that didn't work out though. The acting was mostly bad. Khadgar was terrible, and I just wanted to punch his face through the whole movie. Ragnar really should have acted differently and not like Ragnar. The only two things I watched with Travis was this and Vikings. I don't know if this is how he acts all his roles, but the whispering and general behavior was just like Ragnar. King Llane was meh. Could have been better. The human armor looked ridiculous at times. Ragnars son was a terrible actor and that whole storyline felt forced.

In my opinion the movie should have been full CGI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    why is it that alot of movies these days are only "good" if its an extended cut. E.g. batman v superman, suicide squad and now Warcraft?

hollywood needs to let directors have actual directors cuts in the cinemas ffs
    Extended cuts don't make a movie good or that much better. If you are reading these comments it's just fanboys trying to defend the movie.

Deleted
    I found the movie like something from the sci fi channel at 2am, awful

I liked the movie but i definitely could see why non fans didnt like it.

I really would kill to see a directors cut but i have a feeling the studios just want to bury the whole thing and be thankful it actually made money.

We all know they started with the wrong story and that the Arthas story is what they shouldve started with but i now know that story will never be done because China carried that film and because of Chinas anti superstition laws regarding ghosts and skeletons they sure as shit wont let it past the censors which means Warcraft as a franchise looks dead in the water which is such a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Watched the movie tonight in its longer form. Found the story made more sense, especially the Durotan/Orgrim interactions. If you enjoyed the first one at all (I gave it maybe 7/10), you'd probably enjoy the longer version more.
    As it usually is. I wish theyd stop cutting movies apart like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I'm interested in seeing the deleted scenes, but honestly, I don't think the movie is anywhere near as bad as I keep seeing in these threads. Just my opinion.
    It's not, people always feel the need to go overboard on things. Just from talking to people, most that I know who saw it and know nothing or very little of the lore thought it was pretty solid. It wasn't Oscar material, but it wasn't bad. People like me that knew the lore were mostly annoyed and disappointed, but at least I could find some interesting things in it. It's one of those that to me is a 5/10, Mario Brothers movie being like a 2 because I know somewhere out there, there is a movie even worse than that one.

Take me for instance, I think the Harry Potter movies aren't bad, but I've never read the books. My wife on the other hand gets caught up on the story changes, but even she finds entertainment value in it.

I've learned on this site most people don't have a middle ground. It's either extremely awesome, or the worst thing ever created. That doesn't matter if its a movie, a game, or a sports team.

I do have a feeling that this movie will become the Dune of the fantasy genre and become one of the most divisive movies in geekdom!.