Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For a budget build the Pentium G4560 might still be a better choice. A proper gaming machine should have at least 4 cores and 8 threads so R5 or i7.

Deleted
    the new amd cpus are not the besto option for gaming, but its the best for rendering stuff and co!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knasty View Post
    the new amd cpus are not the besto option for gaming, but its the best for rendering stuff and co!!!
    Not the best, but really good and price competitive against Intel. The only reason not to pick AMD currently is the 7700K and only if you are really using the extra clock speed to your advantage. A case can also be made for the 7600K, but 4 threads on this day and age is just not worth that much.

In the end atm, you can pick either for gaming and you won't go wrong. In the long run the computing capabilities of 7700K might come to haunt it when comparing to R5 and up, but we will likely not see that till adoption rate of 6+ core CPUs is really high.

But as a last thought, atm is likely not the best time to buy Intel anyways. Their 6 cores are coming out soon and should provide somewhat comparable performance to Ryzen even in computing heavy tasks. Gaming remains to be seen, but if the leaks are to be believed, the high turbo clocks will make it better in single threaded applications, while the core count will keep it even in the multithreaded ones.

Is ryzen 7 good enough to run games at 4k 144hz with a strong enough graphics card or should I just wait icelake or cannonlake? I might grab coffee lake if it's fast enough though.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Is ryzen 7 good enough to run games at 4k 144hz with a strong enough graphics card or should I just wait icelake or cannonlake? I might grab coffee lake if it's fast enough though.
    At that point it's mostly GPU bottleneck, 7700K will still net you more FPS though.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    For the Brits, I'm sure other sites will follow,

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/th...#post-31016437

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMSTXItiNVs

Lets just say that Ryzen results seem to be rising as every month goes by The gaming side has seen the biggest leaps but that was where it was weakest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post

Lets just say that Ryzen results seem to be rising as every month goes by The gaming side has seen the biggest leaps but that was where it was weakest.
    Yeah, the optimization has been quite good. I bought the Ryzen 5 1600 some while back, overclocked it to 4 ghz, and so far I'm just surprised how well performance I can push out of it.
    Last edited by KingSapmi; 2017-08-02 at 12:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HasturTheKing View Post
    Yeah, the optimization has been quite good. I bought the Ryzen 5 1600 some while back, overclocked it to 4 ghz, and so far I'm just surprised how well performance I can push out of it.
    You were able to get 4Ghz?

psssh, I hate silicon lottery, I cant get past 3.7!

What board you using?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    You were able to get 4Ghz?

psssh, I hate silicon lottery, I cant get past 3.7!

What board you using?
    I've got the GA-AX370-Gaming K3. What volt did you clock up to? I had to up to 1.42 to get it to 4Ghz stable. But it's stable as a rock at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    meh, I got a GA-AB350-Gaming, I haven't been able to get it any higher, my last attempt at 3.9 was at 1.45 I think, it booted but wasn't stable.

7+ Year Old Account
    It might be the motherboard then, the AX370 are a little more OC friendly. Although I've got an Corsair H60 cooling it. But wait for some more Bios updates, the optimization on the AM4 platform has gotten way better lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HasturTheKing View Post
    It might be the motherboard then, the AX370 are a little more OC friendly. Although I've got an Corsair H60 cooling it. But wait for some more Bios updates, the optimization on the AM4 platform has gotten way better lately.
    Im thinking the same. Mine is cooled with a Cryorig H7. I use the piss out of this thing at my office and even play WoW and SC when Im bored.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a beast. I often use more cores and threads while gaming, multitasking has become such an easy thing to do. Stream and/or record while playing. And honestly, it's a beast at games too, paired with a 480 8GB atm, it's holding a really steady fps, and a really crisp image.

Beast and AMD in one sentence? We all know it's not true, stop.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    The cartridge type install system is pretty nice for threadripper. Minimize pin bending and such damages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpvGYxaMLc0

So basically none of the currently available aircoolers will cover the dies with it's base plate. Same with most of the current watercoolers but shouldnt be as much of a problem due to higher performance of most watercoolers. Doesnt look to be a huge issue (all Zen-based CPUs are nothing extreme in terms of thermals), but I suspect that you will have to wait for TR4 specific design to be able to go all out with 12 and 16 core parts' overclocking.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The cartridge type install system is pretty nice for threadripper. Minimize pin bending and such damages.
    Yeah, it looks very nice, sadly it seems needed also. HardOPC has a movie / Article about installing a TR Cpu in the TR4 and he mentions that the socket is alot more delicate than Intels in terms of able to withstand accidental damage. He mentions that he probably destroyed his TR4 mobo by as little as accidentally brushing the pins. And that any kind of trying to repair it resulted in only more damage. He describes the pins in the socket as being as sturdy as "Angel hair".

( https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017...boxing_install )

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    For a budget build the Pentium G4560 might still be a better choice. A proper gaming machine should have at least 4 cores and 8 threads so R5 or i7.
    What about that makes it "proper".
    G4560 comes damn close to an i3, and therefore to a Ryzen 3.
    The benefits of said threads is going to vary considerably from one game to the next, and for some going from an i3/ryzen 3 to a 5 or 7 is not going to do a lot if those extra threads aren't being used.
    I would love for it to be the case, but there are still a lot of games heavily single-threaded, not least WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.