Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Honestly. I'm seeing a lot of juking, jiving, and thinly veiled diversion. All these posts so far and I've yet to really see anything responding to the question(s).
    I exactly answered your question in another post. What about my reply did you find to be "juking, jiving, and thinly veiled diversion"?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I exactly answered your question in another post. What about my reply did you find to be "juking, jiving, and thinly veiled diversion"?
    Sorry I did not see your post, it was bottom of last page.

With that said, I am more interested in hearing directly from registered democrats.

Sorry I did not see your post, it was bottom of last page.

With that said, I am more interested in hearing directly from registered democrats.
    Well I registered democrat to vote in the primaries then switched back to my usual green party registration. But I'm sure you'll get more replies.

What is an internet troll "democrat"? Are you stating for a fact that this is not a democrat who posted this, or am I missing something?
    Is that a question? It's an opinion blog post, that's some conspiracy fantasy crap. What value is there to discuss it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Is that a question? It's an opinion blog post, that's some conspiracy fantasy crap. What value is there to discuss it?
    I'm asking if other democrats have similar feelings as this person.

I'm not quite sure I can make my question any more simple.

But in all fairness, saying its "some conspiracy fantasy crap" is a valid answer to my question. So, thanks, I guess?

Well I registered democrat to vote in the primaries then switched back to my usual green party registration. But I'm sure you'll get more replies.
    How do you like voting and being represented by a con artist?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    How do you like voting and being represented by a con artist?
    I don't view Jill Stein as a con artist, I went to law school and am more than aware of mounting legal costs inherent in a recount. Her original estimate was likely too low. She expressed that she had a vested interest in seeing whether the election results were tampered with and I agree with that statement. I did not expect the results to change much via the recount which is exactly what we are seeing now.

What she DID do which was of massive benefit was show how hard it is to get a recount in certain states, state laws make the recount process very, very difficult instead of the straightforward process was that it should be. Also Wisconsin made themselves look shady AF for no apparent reason during the recount process, there should have been no resistance on the part of government for what is a legal right for political candidates. They should have just complied and moved on, instead of making a big deal out of things for no discernible reason.

That is the same right that Donald Trump would have been entitled to, if he had requested a recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well, there was that lady that voted twice... For Trump...

Err...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, kinda like the Republicans fucked off for the past 8 years?

That's not how it works brosky.
    Best part of all this is how everyone laughed at Trump when he said voter fraud was a thing, but now that he wins - omg it IS a thing we must investigate! And if the shoe was on the other foot, they'd still be laughing.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Question for the OP: If it was found that there was a large scale interference by the Russians to the tune of rigging polling machines, what do you think should happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Best part of all this is how everyone laughed at Trump when he said voter fraud was a thing, but now that he wins - omg it IS a thing we must investigate! And if the shoe was on the other foot, they'd still be laughing.
    People unable to tell the difference between a grand conspiracy of getting 3 million illegals to vote, and Russians simply hacking polling machines. Rofl.

Hint: One is a logistical impossibility. The other isn't.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    That's the best thing that could ever happen to Conservatives.

We'd rule for the next 200 years.
    I can't be the only one who reads conservatives as white people. I mean that's basically what your saying.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by evilhunter32 View Post
    Im sorry but no, voter fraud in the US is more pronounced in the democratic party than republicans and I dont see why people keep up the popular vote arguement. THE US HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE A DEMOCRACY WE ARE A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC
    I can find no statistical evidence for this. Voter fraud and vote tampering appear to happen fairly equitably across party lines based on the little information I can find, which isn't much.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I don't view Jill Stein as a con artist, I went to law school and am more than aware of mounting legal costs inherent in a recount. Her original estimate was likely too low. She expressed that she had a vested interest in seeing whether the election results were tampered with and I agree with that statement. I did not expect the results to change much via the recount which is exactly what we are seeing now.

What she DID do which was of massive benefit was show how hard it is to get a recount in certain states, state laws make the recount process very, very difficult instead of the straightforward process was that it should be. Also Wisconsin made themselves look shady AF for no apparent reason during the recount process, there should have been no resistance on the part of government for what is a legal right for political candidates. They should have just complied and moved on, instead of making a big deal out of things for no discernible reason.

That is the same right that Donald Trump would have been entitled to, if he had requested a recount.
    recount is easy if the people asking for the recount have a hope in hell of having thier outcome changed. Shes been cockblocked becuase shes not recounting for her parties benifit but for someone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Question for the OP: If it was found that there was a large scale interference by the Russians to the tune of rigging polling machines, what do you think should happen?

- - - Updated - - -

People unable to tell the difference between a grand conspiracy of getting 3 million illegals to vote, and Russians simply hacking polling machines. Rofl.

Hint: One is a logistical impossibility. The other isn't.
    Russians hacked polling machines?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Russians hacked polling machines?
    Probably not, but that's the accusation that's going around the interwebs.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    recount is easy if the people asking for the recount have a hope in hell of having thier outcome changed. Shes been cockblocked becuase shes not recounting for her parties benifit but for someone elses.
    It doesn't matter what her reason was, she was on the ballot and she is entitled to a recount. She doesn't need to have a reason at all, although her stated reason was fair elections and a transparent democracy.

According to many liberals wikileaks was a big nothing anyway so Russia tried to influence the results but failed.

Number one, this guy is an idiot and no, the things in the title should be avoided at all costs. I don't think Trump should retroactively lose, but if anything happens it needs to be by rule of law.

Number two, before conservatives start pointing fingers:

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Clinton at recent rally in Cincinnati. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

“People are going to march on the capitols,” Jared Halbrook, 25, told the New York Times. “They’re going to do whatever needs to be done to get her out of office, because she does not belong there.”

"The roots of the tree of liberty are watered by what?" Bevin asked in remarks first surfaced by Right Wing Watch. "The blood of who? The tyrants, to be sure. But who else? The patriots. Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren."

There was no shortage of calls for revolution, acts of civil disobedience, and even violent assassination in October. Y'know, back when Trump was screaming that the elections were rigged and the polls showed he would lose. Unless you can find similar rhetoric coming from sitting politicians on the left, the Republicans are bigger offenders than the Democrats and you should probably just keep quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember how Trump kept saying that the election was rigged?

At the time, we all thought it was him trying to cause shit.
    Maybe now, as it turns out, he was rubbing our faces in it.

Source: Democratic Underground

Not going to make the mistake of saying "this is what Democrats think" - far to much of a blanketed statement. So I am curious, the registered Democrats that do post here, how does this thread and its responses make you feel? (not THIS thread, the thread on DU)

A second question, how do you feel about this website/community (Democratic Underground) in general?
    No op unlike republicans we ignore our crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Trump nullified the elections and he WON.

It really frightens me that he's president-elect and is continuing to promote this distrust of the electoral process and devalue people's votes.

Its not a red/blue issue. Its an issue for all voters when outside influences are "affecting" the sanctity of their election.

If Trump truly believes such a huge %% of the popular vote was fraudulent, he should resign, as when you find systemic fraud like that, you look to the winner to see whose responsible.
    The hell are you on about? Do you even know how the electoral college works? Each state votes and the majority of that state decide who the electors vote for. Trump won the majority of states and Hillary only got the "popular vote" because of California. California should not dictate every single election. THAT is why the electoral college exists- so that 20 other states alone dont have to compete with the high population of a state like California. A state that gives illegals drivers licenses so they can vote democrat for life. Just look at the sections of California that voted heavy blue.

If elections in the US frighten you then it is going to be a long and miserable life for you, snowflake.
    Nobody effected the election results. You'd have to physically go to each machine and tamper with it. Just more left wing conspiracy theory's because smug people never see their own faults and loo kfor others to blame. Like nothing has been Obama's fault for the last 8 years. That guy has issues as does the rest of the left.
    You re-elected Nansi Pelosi despite the fact that under her leadership your party has continued to twindle but I guess when someone lines your pockets with money on the democrat side....it's hard to say no to "more of the same". Keep up with "more of the same" though and continue to not learn from your mistakes. Looking forward to watching you go nuts again in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    No op unlike republicans we ignore our crazies.
    Maybe ignoring your crazies is part of the problem. Instead of giving them a mic to scream and pout you should take it away.