Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

2016 the MMO apocalypse....

Okay so this is a bit annoying now...

all of the MMOs that actualy worth something. Seems like every single dev gone insane and making updates after updates that makes the game into a super boring / broken / anti fun something ... let it be Pve or Pvp......

its like the devs racing who can ruin their MMORPG faster...........

and there is no exception lol this is a dissaster...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please, provide your examples, and your arguments about WHY they are the proof of your allegations.

Stop for a second and take a deep look inside yourself and ask the question, "Is it possible that it's me that has changed?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Please, provide your examples, and your arguments about WHY they are the proof of your allegations.
    ESO lates updates :
    Proc sets
    no needing of tanks in PvE
    everything is building for DPS races now.
    infinite loading screens and crashes
    Balance gone to hell from bad to broken.
    stacking 1 stat is everything.
    animation cancel to insta kill people.

Swtor lates updates :
    RNG crates with super bad rng and progression locked in it
    recycling of content and a realy shallow expansion with almost 0 content bassicaly
    balance again gone from not too bad to broken lol mercs...
    and they call this an expansion..
    People AFK ing in pvp to lose fast because the fastest way to gear.....

WoW Legion :
    Devs super slow and ignoring majority of feedback. devs saying they still have no plans and good ideas yet to fix some of the damn broken classes or abilities after half a year lol....
    AP farm and the killing of alting thx to it except if you like doing an immense ammount of grind...
    the redesign of classes that was a good idea but totaly ruined some like Warlocks and some others
    Dat Legendary RNG.....
    Recycling content...
    Worst PvP balance of history of this game..
    also some classes got totally gutted and made unfun to play..

Rift latest expac :
    do i need to say anything ?

i could list more way more but i have other things to do...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Stop for a second and take a deep look inside yourself and ask the question, "Is it possible that it's me that has changed?"
    nope i still like the games...

but seems like all the devs gone berserk with realy stupid ideas....
    to a level that makes people stop loging in and just waiting for a new big update that changes/reworks/fixes these....
    Last edited by mmoc2080051c3b; 2016-12-15 at 01:30 AM.

Final Fantasy XIV is doing fairly well for itself and has frequent updates as well as a second expansion launching in early Summer of next year. From what I've seen of the other MMO's on the market they're not perfect but they still have their redeeming qualities. If you can't find anything out there that appeals to you then that may simply be a sign that you've outgrown MMO's.

Debatable. I'm still enjoying Guild Wars 2 now it seems to have picked itself back up and FF14 with the final patch of the current expansion on it's way next month and then the Expansion predicted for June. Dabbling around in a couple of F2P MMOs as well that while freemium I seem to enjoy and haven't sunk a penny into.

Yeah FFXIV seems to be doing pretty well. Everytime I try another MMORPG I always end up crawling back to it. Old reliable (ignoring WoW).

10+ Year Old Account
    *sits here playing PSO2*

Story update every 2-4 weeks, a new class this year, weapons / pets, abilities / modifications to abilities, events, new emergency / ultimate / extreme quest, whatever. Lots of new outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    *sits here playing PSO2*

Story update every 2-4 weeks, a new class this year, weapons / pets, abilities / modifications to abilities, events, new emergency / ultimate / extreme quest, whatever. Lots of new outfits.
    /Sit's here annoyed with Rem because I can't play PSO2. -,-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Yeah FFXIV seems to be doing pretty well. Everytime I try another MMORPG I always end up crawling back to it. Old reliable (ignoring WoW).
    FFXIV is an exception and seems like devs actualy care i wish i would not hate its utter boring slow tedious commbat it has x.x got a DRK in the expansion almost to the end liked the story everything almost... but commbat is number 1 for me and i got tirred of it... i heard a commbat overhaul is coming tough *.*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV is doing fairly well for itself and has frequent updates as well as a second expansion launching in early Summer of next year. From what I've seen of the other MMO's on the market they're not perfect but they still have their redeeming qualities. If you can't find anything out there that appeals to you then that may simply be a sign that you've outgrown MMO's.
    they ALL appeal for me in some ways but devs killing my mood to play seriously..... il just hope next year will be better.

im all fine with Imbalances and RNG... hell i even like RNG somewhat...

but jesus christ they gone to the extreme with both of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    FFXIV is an exception and seems like devs actualy care i wish i would not hate its utter boring slow tedious commbat it has x.x got a DRK in the expansion almost to the end liked the story everything almost... but commbat is number 1 for me and i got tirred of it... i heard a commbat overhaul is coming tough *.*
    Combat overhaul is probably more akin to squishing away button bloat and redoing how cross-class skills work. If things are too slow, you should try a different class, like NIN or MNK or DRG. They'll demand a little more in the button-pushing department and might be more engaging for you.

GW2 is evidence that if you simply do nothing while everyone is failing around you, you will succeed.

But nah it's a good game try it sometime.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    but seems like all the devs gone berserk with realy stupid ideas....
    Maybe everyone just thinks he's icefrog ^. On a serious note they are just making moves to possibly generate more profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV and GW2 seem to doing fine. SWTOR is definitely a single player game that you coop with others to play side stuff. I played through the previous expansion and liked it a lot more once I accepted it for what it was/is. Its like Bioware wanted to make a singleplayer game but someone said why scrap th assets they already have to do so. I wish they had just made a standalone but its not terrible.

WoW will always be WoW. Love it or hate it.

MMOs have been in a solid place for ~3-4 years now. None are necessarily bad, theres plenty of decent F2P, B2P, and P2P options out there. The only MMOs that I've realistically seen have trouble are Eastern imports.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefall failed, because The9 got diffrent buisness model than Mark Kern, but obviously somehow i think Mark Kern is as well to blame for Firefall downfall. I'm tired looking for MMO in SCI setting, Warframe is booring though.

If Em9er will be released, fine i will take a look, if not. Nothing to loose kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /Sit's here annoyed with Rem because I can't play PSO2. -,-
    No shit.

Man, I played the hell out of the first one on the dreamcast.

Maybe try a none western one? you seem to have a running theme in that list mang.

FF14 and GW2 have done reasonably well over the course of this year. I say that despite having not played the latter since it's xpac came out (only logged in to get the Living Story updates/unlocks).

Only thing I'd toss out there as "apocalyptic" would be the cancellation of EQ Next. That one stings, and I'm someone who's never played an EQ game before. The original announcements and trailers had me optimistic it could be a decent game.

Nah. I still visit Anarchy Online from time to time Also Guild Wars 2 <3
    And I can't wait for:
    1. Albion Online
    2. MU Legend (MU Online 2.0)

Apocalypse? Lol no.

It's just been "meh" for MMOs. Legion is a great expansion for WoW. GW2 and FF14 are still kicking. Just nothing incredibly exciting.

I'm just worried about the future of the genre as a whole, not those games in particular. After the cancellation of EQN, all that seems to be left for me is Crowfall. I was interested in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, but after watching the gameplay (granted its pre-alpha) on CohhCarnage's channel, it seems like they are essentially keeping the exact, and extremely archaic EQ1 model, and just updating the graphics.

Don't let me down Crowfall.