Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not just, "oh, I'm max level" purchase.
    Who's asking for flight as an effortless max level purchase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

So do you flybabies not have the Emerald Winds toy? I literally just slowfalled from a mountain in north Highmountain to the middle of Azsuna.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Whatever problems you have with ground mount play, flying mounts aren't the answer.
    My problem is slogging from point to point. Flying mount IS the answer.

I know i'm just one stating that, but make no mistake, i'm NOT the only one.

- - - Updated - - -

Having to use your legs is a timesink now. lol
    I used to take the bus when i was a student. Now i am a working person with my job being in a non-fitting bus schedule from my house, so I use my car and am in 10 minutes at my work. I guess i could walk to my work (1h) or use the 3-bus-round-the-city bus route (40min-2h, depending on traffic and bus correspondence). But, hey, those last two aren't a timesink, ya?

- - - Updated - - -

YOU don't like no flight. They have done a really good job designing around ground mounts. You are just fucking oblivious.

And alienate a significant portion, LOL. You realize these threads only have like 5 active people at a time right?

- - - Updated - - -

I've only seen 1 pro flier EVER suggest to change the way flying works. And it wasn't you.

And yes, it does effect them.
    Because the exact number of participation in this thread are the only pro-flyers in WoW, all regions. Right...

Now it doesn't. How could it effect them?

- - - Updated - - -

So tell me why it's not in now? People said the same thing in WoD and then they did no flight in Legion on purpose. Because they know it's better. FOR THEM. It only means what you think it means in your head.
    Corrected your quote. It's not better for us, the players.

- - - Updated - - -

So do you flybabies not have the Emerald Winds toy? I literally just slowfalled from a mountain in north Highmountain to the middle of Azsuna.
    Wow! you just discovered this? Awsome!

I also use 10-20 gliders per day (i'll let you do the math, playing since Legion day 1 and havent unsubbed), plus the highmountain kite. I still hate being grounded.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep flying mounts gone. Thx.
    Nah. Let our paid from Blizzard Store flying mounts beused at 4 months since xpac launch, Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So I should accept putting in a crap pile of time and effort
    It's not a fucking crap pile of time and effort.

It's literally just playing the game. All of the Pathfinder stuff you get by simply playing the game.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

It's literally just playing the game. All of the Pathfinder stuff you get by simply playing the game.
    No, there's a lot of grinding involved in Suramar. That's not playing the game, that's suffering thru it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, there's a lot of grinding involved in Suramar. That's not playing the game, that's suffering thru it.
    You flybabies need some serious psychological help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You flybabies need some serious psychological help.
    My psychotherapist prescribed me some therapeutic flying.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

"Grinding" aka just playing the game considering there's an enchant that literally gives Mana?

You have ample time to complete the questchain, I'm sure you can do it.

What you need to understand is that for the better part of a decade, "Just playing the game" involved flying.

All those grinds and treadmills that make up the normal gameplay of WoW's open world were made much more tolerable(and, in some cases, even enjoyable) by the presence of flight. The entire centerpiece of the argument is that "just playing the game" without flight isn't something that many people are willing to gloss over and accept. Especially when unlocking flight involves exhausting the content of the game to a point where flying no longer has value.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Grinding" aka just playing the game considering there's an enchant that literally gives Mana?

You have ample time to complete the questchain, I'm sure you can do it.
    Grinding is grinding. It's not playing the game, it's suffering thru the most horrible parts of it.
    Mana has nothing to do with it as you don't need it that much. 150 a day is easy. The problem is the zone design and reputation gates. Not to mention the reputation gains for the faction are HALVED. Halved, do you get it?

I don't ask to do something special - I just ask Blizzard to return to successful design of TBC and WotLK.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Grinding is grinding. It's not playing the game, it's suffering thru the most horrible parts of it.
    Mana has nothing to do with it as you don't need it that much. 150 a day is easy. The problem is the zone design and reputation gates. Not to mention the reputation gains for the faction are HALVED. Halved, do you get it?
    Thing is, the cool thing is, you don't have to grind. All you lose out on is flying. It's not required at all. It's literally just a QoL change.

I mean, it's not like you didn't have to grind in TBC, considering the extreme gold cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, the cool thing is, you don't have to grind. All you lose out on is flying. It's not required at all. It's literally just a QoL change.
    It's not for you to decide what it is for me.
    I mean, it's not like you didn't have to grind in TBC, considering the extreme gold cost.
    I didn't. I bought the flying skill right after hitting 70. It was under 1k gold including 1 flying mount cost and I had more gold than that just from leveling.

It's not for you to decide what it is for me.

I didn't. I bought the flying skill right after hitting 70. It was under 1k gold including 1 flying mount cost and I had more gold than that just from leveling.
    Well, it is for Blizzard though, and they decided that.

You either put the tiniest sliver of effort into getting it, or you don't get it at all.

And hey, look at this weak argument! I didn't grind for Pathfinder P1 either, I got it right after hitting exalted with Nightfallen and I more rep than I needed just from WQs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it is for Blizzard though, and they decided that.
    Nope. Not for them either.
    You either put the tiniest sliver of effort into getting it, or you don't get it at all.
    Well I did have to travel to the vendor. But I don't see it as any bit of effort.
    And hey, look at this weak argument! I didn't grind for Pathfinder P1 either, I got it right after hitting exalted with Nightfallen and I more rep than I needed just from WQs.
    Reputation is unneeded in and of itself. You grinded it. Because storyline quests were gated behind it. IF you could do the story without reputation you would do it without reputation and then grind it later if you wanted to get something from the vendor. Like 3-star recipes or a tabard if you are a weird tabard collector.

To get flying in TBC one didn't have to grind anything. Just level up (something you needed to do anyway) and don't waste the gold you were getting from quests and selling vendor trash (i.e. don't be stupid).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Who's asking for flight as an effortless max level purchase?
    Dunno, but that is the average feel from people whom doesn't wish to unlock with activity.

- - - Updated - - -

You're missing the point, though. How much value does a "reward" have when there's nothing to use it on? What good is a "shortcut" when it doesn't lead anywhere you haven't already been hundreds of times and have no further interest in going to? What good is a "luxury" that doesn't actually have any value?
    Well, as rumors has it, flight was meant to come out for 7.2, no? Means you at least have 8+ months for flight before expansion. So, it IS a luxury reward, for you have passed it and is not just able to slack.

I'm all for having to put in work and time to unlock flying rather than simply being a gold purchase at max level with no investment. But you guys need to realize that Pathfinder is the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Pathfinder ensures that instead of GIVING flight value, that it instead has none.
    Pathfinder IS time and work, and it ensures that you HAVE been through it all before you get flight.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Dunno, but that is the average feel from people whom doesn't wish to unlock with activity.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, as rumors has it, flight was meant to come out for 7.2, no? Means you at least have 8+ months for flight before expansion. So, it IS a luxury reward, for you have passed it and is not just able to slack.

Pathfinder IS time and work, and it ensures that you HAVE been through it all before you get flight.
    1) Very few people have a problem with pathfinder. The problem is the arbitrary time gating. Blizzard's reason for gating behind an achievement was to ensure we did all the content as they designed it, at least once. 99% of the pro-flyers can get behind that. Then Blizzard says, "oh, and also not only do you have to finish all the PVE content in the game, you also have to wait a bunch of time because reasons".

2) Defining flying as "luxury" is what we're against. If we want to go down that road we can. Portals are luxury. Summoning stones are luxury. Flight paths are luxury. More than 1 boat from continent to continent is luxury. Riding your ground mount is luxury. Running as a mode of transportation in luxury. Running should be in short bursts only. So yeah, we should all be walking everywhere. That'll be the new World of Warcraft. "This week's raid nights will be everyone walking to the instance. Hopefully everyone will be there by next week so we start the instance". World of Walkcraft. Can't have all those "luxuries" in our games, amirite? Gotta make it real.

That sounds more like what you WANT to believe. Virtually everyone I've spoken with is on board with having flight be something that takes work to get instead of a simply purchase at level cap. Even the guys who want it to be a gold purchase at level cap want the cost to be high enough that the "average" player would need to spend a lot of time farming gold to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even understand what that sentence was meant to say. So I have to wait 8+ months for a "reward" that is worthless? There's a great investment.

I feel like I'm talking to a Blizzard voice sample machine sometimes. Just read Ragedaug's post above mine again.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-04 at 06:08 PM.

Bullshit. No one is asking for effortless flight here. You'd have to cherry pick one or two people who are arguing that to even make it a point. Having pathfinder isn't the problem if flight was actually unlocked upon completion.

The average feel is wanting flight now rather than later, since the world content is already trivial.

We really don't need you jumping into the thread and spreading this bullshit. If you're going to contribute, at least understand both sides of the argument instead of reading a couple "I want flight now!' posts and thinking that's the same as getting it handed to us on a silver platter.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-02-04 at 06:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Bullshit. The average feel is wanting flight now rather than later, since the world content is already trivial. Having pathfinder isn't the problem if flight was actually unlocked upon completion.
    QFT. But Patch 7.2 is supposedly coming out substantially before tomb so I harbor hopes for april or march.