Question New Player - Heavensward

I recently bought just the base game. I see that Heavensward provides one new race and three new jobs. If I am not playing any of those, is there any reason (from a story perspective) to purchase Heavensward now, or should I wait until max level to buy it? Does the base story change at all if you have Heavensward or not?

Also, is there a good NA server for new players? I am looking for a more "mature" crowd, and no one I know currently plays.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MystFox View Post
    I recently bought just the base game. I see that Heavensward provides one new race and three new jobs. If I am not playing any of those, is there any reason (from a story perspective) to purchase Heavensward now, or should I wait until max level to buy it? Does the base story change at all if you have Heavensward or not?

Also, is there a good NA server for new players? I am looking for a more "mature" crowd, and no one I know currently plays.
    You can put off buying Heavensward until you complete the main story of A realm Reborn because you cant enter heavensward until you do.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

As a beginner all HW gets you is the ability to pick Au Ra as your player characters species. The new Jobs are unlocked at lvl.50 in the HW main city which requires doing all ARR content in the main story up to lvl.50. So unless you want sanic hair or a k pop idol waifu character theres no need to rush unless its on a sale and you want it cheap.

Long time lurker, first time poster (to this subforum). If you buy it once you hit 50, you can continue leveling as you work your way through the remainder of the ARR main story questline. I was 52ish from doing that before I got to the heavensward stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gadberry View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster (to this subforum). If you buy it once you hit 50, you can continue leveling as you work your way through the remainder of the ARR main story questline. I was 52ish from doing that before I got to the heavensward stuff.
    Pretty much this. Doing all the side content like Hildibrand and unlocking the 50 dungeons nets some decent XP as well.

From a story perspective - no. From a cost perspective, perhaps. If you reasonably believe you will be playing this game past 50, right now most places, the SE store included, have HW on sale due to the holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest if you wait get it at 49 that way not a drop of xp is wasted and you can potentially be 53 by the time you enter heavenwards areas

Thanks for the advice all. As Casualty recommended, I bought Heavensward since it was half price. I am now all set and really enjoying the game so far.

Bored with Legion so I downloaded the trial 3 days back and am thoroughly enjoying the game and will purchase the base game and expac this weekend. The story is captivating, the combat (albeit slow at lvl 13) is engaging. Resisting the compulsion to speed level to 50 and just take my time and enjoy the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Krippzz View Post
    Bored with Legion so I downloaded the trial 3 days back and am thoroughly enjoying the game and will purchase the base game and expac this weekend. The story is captivating, the combat (albeit slow at lvl 13) is engaging. Resisting the compulsion to speed level to 50 and just take my time and enjoy the story.
    Gotta work the MSQ to open up content anyways, so may as well enjoy the ride. Depending on your job, combat can get faster-paced past 30, or at least more complex as job abilities build up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question. Seriously considering transfering account to PS4 (PC is old, sluggish). I'm quite sure i did Keeper of the Lake dungeon and associated quest. Iirc that patch was divided in 2? How close am i to acess Heavensward? I remember all that content being locked away in quests that require dungeons and trials and im not really sure i want to buy expasion and be locked out of it with group stuff no one runs anymore.

Almost there, after midgardsormer its a lot of hoofing it quests till the final trials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Almost there, after midgardsormer its a lot of hoofing it quests till the final trials.
    Argh. Okay. Im gonna take a gamble and buy the games tommorrow. I hope i can find groups for those trials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Argh. Okay. Im gonna take a gamble and buy the games tommorrow. I hope i can find groups for those trials.
    Lol you will they designed this game crazy well between rosettes and first time bonuses you are golden

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Lol you will they designed this game crazy well between rosettes and first time bonuses you are golden
    Yeah no dice so far. Managed to get a group once, people failed overall, group disbanded on first wipe. Tried on sunday , 50 min in queue, had to leave afterwards. Right now 25 min and counting. This really sucks. Cannot literally play anything in the expansion without doing this. There goes 60 Bucks down the drain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no dice so far. Managed to get a group once, people failed overall, group disbanded on first wipe. Tried on sunday , 50 min in queue, had to leave afterwards. Right now 25 min and counting. This really sucks. Cannot literally play anything in the expansion without doing this. There goes 60 Bucks down the drain.
    Do not worry too much man right now alot of players are focusing on new content so I doubt too many are doing trial or low level roulette. Between farming the new light pvp for gear. New story raid and dungeons give it a few days to a week

Put up a party finder notice for it, say 'Second Chance points' in it, since you've never completed it, anyone who does it with you will get those points for the Wondrous Tails as reward for completing it with you. Little extra bait never hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Put up a party finder notice for it, say 'Second Chance points' in it, since you've never completed it, anyone who does it with you will get those points for the Wondrous Tails as reward for completing it with you. Little extra bait never hurts.
    Actually just did it with PF. Took longer to form group, , half the people never had it done , but managed to do it with 2 guys that came along and knew how to use cannons. With me on Dragonkiller , it was over before the exploding barrels.

Actually just did it with PF. Took longer to form group, , half the people never had it done , but managed to do it with 2 guys that came along and knew how to use cannons. With me on Dragonkiller , it was over before the exploding barrels.
    Good to hear! Enjoy the cutscene boss and entrance to HW!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    As a beginner all HW gets you is the ability to pick Au Ra as your player characters species. The new Jobs are unlocked at lvl.50 in the HW main city which requires doing all ARR content in the main story up to lvl.50. So unless you want sanic hair or a k pop idol waifu character theres no need to rush unless its on a sale and you want it cheap.
    > Implying all female characters besides Lalafel and Roegadyn aren't Kpop waifus lol